New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know. The idea of the biggest 'kop' in Europe might help. The club will also have a chance to ask if the fans that get the season tickets want to be in a 'singing' section.

Cringey I know but this is an opportunity and I hope the club think of everything, hellfire they could do a lot worse than ask various fan sections such as 1882 for a bit of feedback in how to beef up the atmosphere.

They've certainly got the time...

This is my preferred thinking behind the new stadium. The kop for the vocal fans, rail seats, and some cheap seats toward the back!

This is my preferred thinking behind the new stadium. The kop for the vocal fans, rail seats, and some cheap seats toward the back!

As I said earlier. Maybe being allowed to stand for the first game is a sea change? Maybe there will be a chance of safe standing in the new 'kop'?

By jingo that would help.

As I said earlier. Maybe being allowed to stand for the first game is a sea change? Maybe there will be a chance of safe standing in the new 'kop'?

By jingo that would help.

I think I read somewhere that European games aren't too fussed about standing, it's more a Premier League thing.

If we get railseats installed, we can stand on Euro game nights yet still meet the criteria for seats for Prem games and then, if the Prem bosses even get round to considering it, when safe standing is trialed, we're ready to go!!

I think I read somewhere that European games aren't too fussed about standing, it's more a Premier League thing.

If we get railseats installed, we can stand on Euro game nights yet still meet the criteria for seats for Prem games and then, if the Prem bosses even get round to considering it, when safe standing is trialed, we're ready to go!!

Well all seating came from. And rightly so. Hillsborough. It was the right thing to do at the time.

But times change, technology moves on. I do feel the time is right and technology (cctv,(cant believe I wrote that) the correct capacity etc) to have safe standing areas.

So this idea it's the premier league that makes everyone sit down... where does it come from?
Like Audere says, at swansea the other day the Park Lane was stood for 90 minutes.

So hows that if it's not up to the club? Or countless other times when the stewards have decided not to worry about it, sometimes even actively saying to people "fuck it, go on then, stand up"? And at other grounds where people can stand as much as they want in certain areas.

I don't believe that THFC doesn't have a lot to do with forcing us to sit down, especially because they want to fill the stadium with families etc

Edit - actually I dont mean the league has nothing to do with it which is what that sounds like, but I don't believe the club would have it any different

Anyway time will tell if they are ready for a massive standing section with cheap tickets for that kind of supporter but you know, I doubt it

So this idea it's the premier league that makes everyone sit down... where does it come from?
Like Audere says, at swansea the other day the Park Lane was stood for 90 minutes.

So hows that if it's not up to the club? Or countless other times when the stewards have decided not to worry about it, sometimes even actively saying to people "fuck it, go on then, stand up"? And at other grounds where people can stand as much as they want in certain areas.

I don't believe that THFC doesn't have a lot to do with forcing us to sit down, especially because they want to fill the stadium with families etc

Edit - actually I dont mean the league has nothing to do with it which is what that sounds like, but I don't believe the club would have it any different

I'm not sure what you mean here slr.

But the fact is the pl can and I believe have fined clubs for fans not sitting down. I think it was Manu

I'm not sure if this is driven by the police or the pl but there are rules in place to make sure fans sit down both home and away.

Fuck it, I don't know what I mean either to be honest. Something about the club being fully behind the prem rules because it helps them attract the kind of fans they want.

True... Just ask those chavvy scumbags from west london.
Chelsea-Battersea-1.jpg

cringe

I'm not sure what you mean here slr.

But the fact is the pl can and I believe have fined clubs for fans not sitting down. I think it was Manu

I'm not sure if this is driven by the police or the pl but there are rules in place to make sure fans sit down both home and away.

Man United have a problem with "persistent standing" home and away and some clubs stewards are a lot more belligerent than others when you go to away grounds.
The guideline is standing is bad in the English premier league.

Believe that German rail seats are used as standing areas for league games but not for CL so obviously grey areas for who decides these standing rules.

At the Lane you can easily stand in the park lane for the majority of the match. Go and sit in the west lower try and do the same and see what happens.

I have long been a fan of PSV where they have a singing section for the people prepared to behave like loons. You don't like that sit somewhere else.
It's an approach we could do with over here.

I know, right?

My favorite landmark in London, and the thought of Chelsea chavving it up is just too horrible to bear.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Battersea power station has been sold to a housing developer.

As for the lane I'm sure the delay will be down to getting naming rights, sadly we won't see any development start until a full business plan is in place, which to my knowledge isn't there yet

I really thin its where you sit in regard to the atmosphere. For the Sirwansie game I thought it was pretty good. Plus there seemed to have been a sea change in attitude from the stewards. Everyone in the park lane and that side of the shelf stood throughout the game without any hassle.

Where do you sit?

Had the worst experience I've ever had with a steward at that game.

Tries to make everyone sit down, fella behind starts 'Stand Up, if you hate Woolwich', I join in and he pulls me out for starting the chant, threatens a 3 game ban, and said I could possibly be guilty of ' Inciting a Riot'. Spent the rest of the half constantly telling people to sit down and fucking a lot of people off. I then get pulled out for some reason in the second half, surrounded by 4 of them with the same threats. When asked, they couldn't actually specify what I'd done, I was just 'repeatedly ignoring requests'. After a lot of hassle I was let back in, only to be stared at for the last 20 minutes.

Cunts.

CL games have to be all-seater, Dortmund etc have to play with a reduced capacity....

Had the worst experience I've ever had with a steward at that game.

Tries to make everyone sit down, fella behind starts 'Stand Up, if you hate Woolwich', I join in and he pulls me out for starting the chant, threatens a 3 game ban, and said I could possibly be guilty of ' Inciting a Riot'. Spent the rest of the half constantly telling people to sit down and fucking a lot of people off. I then get pulled out for some reason in the second half, surrounded by 4 of them with the same threats. When asked, they couldn't actually specify what I'd done, I was just 'repeatedly ignoring requests'. After a lot of hassle I was let back in, only to be stared at for the last 20 minutes.

Cunts.

That's rubbish. Sorry to hear that Ron. I would consider writing an email to the club. Why pick on one person. The twats. Ruined your day obviously. We're you sitting in the first 3 rows?

Back
Top Bottom