New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, people stand in blocks 31 and 32 anyway and are never told to sit. It's inconsistent.

Re Battersea Power Station, the whole thing is cursed. Anyone that's owned it for development has gone bankrupt. I think Chelsea submitted a proposal, but it fell through.

Wouldn't mind seeing them bankrupted though.

Tottenham season ticket holder and contributor to The Fighting Cock podcast Ricky Feegrade said:
It's frustrating. The fans were on board with the current designs as they took into account that fans want to be close to the action and the acoustics of the stadium.

Bringing in Populous does not fill me with much hope - stadiums like Wembley, the Emirates and the Olympic Stadium are not known for having a buzzing atmosphere and are very corporate and soulless.
:dude:

Thing is, people stand in blocks 31 and 32 anyway and are never told to sit. It's inconsistent.

Re Battersea Power Station, the whole thing is cursed. Anyone that's owned it for development has gone bankrupt. I think Chelsea submitted a proposal, but it fell through.

Wouldn't mind seeing them bankrupted though.
Battersea all the way to Vauxhall is under redevelopment, its under construction, this one appears that it will finish unlike previous schemes. Embassies are moving there, notable the US and the Chinese. Its a mixed use scheme, with a new 'cluster' of sky scrapers by St George's Wharf. Battersea power station's units sold out in 3 hours despite units costing from £500,000-£3 million.

As for the new stadium, I hope they keep the single tier stand, that is paramount.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but there was a survey sent out to ST holders early last year regarding the new stad, asking what we would like to pay, Where we would want to sit that kind of stuff.. so they have already done some research in-regards to pricing and seating...

My ST is in block 31, and we are never told to sit down well last season we wasn't the year b4 a bit but not much but park lane was Loads and always is. But manly if the games are on TV.. If its a big game ie scum, Chavscum or Spannerscum then they dont tend to bother at all.

I really hope that we do have the "KOP" section like Dortmund as the atmosphere would be amazing.

Iv also been told that we DONT own all the land there is 1 business unwilling to sell near paxton which is the main hold up. they will soon have to sell tho as with the scum with scumrits had the same issues but they are sure it will b sorted.. by the way im no ITK this is jus something i was told by someone at the lane.

Oh i have also heard that they are redesigning again!! so that may also be the hold up. i thought that was BS but the fact there now saying 2017 / 18 then im starting to think that mayb true.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but there was a survey sent out to ST holders early last year regarding the new stad, asking what we would like to pay, Where we would want to sit that kind of stuff.. so they have already done some research in-regards to pricing and seating...

My ST is in block 31, and we are never told to sit down well last season we wasn't the year b4 a bit but not much but park lane was Loads and always is. But manly if the games are on TV.. If its a big game ie scum, Chavscum or Spannerscum then they dont tend to bother at all.

I really hope that we do have the "KOP" section like Dortmund as the atmosphere would be amazing.

Iv also been told that we DONT own all the land there is 1 business unwilling to sell near paxton which is the main hold up. they will soon have to sell tho as with the scum with scumrits had the same issues but they are sure it will b sorted.. by the way im no ITK this is jus something i was told by someone at the lane.
I know it wouldn't be the case but how much would it cost for the club to turn the Shelf Side into a towering 'kop' to turn the ground into a 40,000 seater stadium

to be honest i wudnt have a clue but im guessing alot Less than a new stad BUT Shelf is the oldest part of the WHL so would be VERY difficult to do i wud assume and im sure they have looked at all Cheaper :levystare: options

Fucks sake. I think I can honestly say if he goes down that soulless route I will be done with going to Spurs.

I've been to the emirates in the cheap seats. Don't ask. It was a corporate and I did a shit without flushing. But the view was fucking awful. I couldn't tell if it was Walcott or Henry. Seriously. I have also been to the Olympic stadium. Tbh that was much, much better but I was in one of the best seats.

I wanted the biggest stand behind a goal in Europe. Fucking levy. He draws you in then he fucks you over.

I would be massively dissapointed to have an identi kit stadium.

Imagine the cost of that to increase by just 4,000. Plus the lost revenue of a whole side stand while it's being built.
Alright lets get more ambitious... Dortmund's South Stand houses 25,000. If we converted either the Paxton (10,086) or the Shelf (10,691) Then we could have an extra 15,000, though if we converted the Shelf we could have the largest single tier stand in Europe because of it been along the side of the pitch as opposed to the end. We could potentially have a 30,000 seater stand on the Shelf which would have the potential to roar (quite the opposite from West Stand opposite) If we increased WHL by 20,000 we'd be at the 56,240 mark and I would assume the conversion of the Shelf would cost less than £400 million+

Reading the article, it seems the new bods are being used for the internal fit out, not the overall design. so the single tier stand may well stay

“We have approached Populous with regards to an internal fit out of the stadium.”

Nah you are ITK if you know someone who is ITK

I still think (hope & pray) there will be a KOP style stand in there.. what i really dont want to happen is the Gaps behind the goals like at Scumrits.. the design we have in place at the mo are gd as we wud be the closest to the pitch than any other modern stadium wud have and complies with uefa regulations.

Alright lets get more ambitious... Dortmund's South Stand houses 25,000. If we converted either the Paxton (10,086) or the Shelf (10,691) Then we could have an extra 15,000, though if we converted the Shelf we could have the largest single tier stand in Europe because of it been along the side of the pitch as opposed to the end. We could potentially have a 30,000 seater stand on the Shelf which would have the potential to roar (quite the opposite from West Stand opposite) If we increased WHL by 20,000 we'd be at the 56,240 mark and I would assume the conversion of the Shelf would cost less than £400 million+

I like this. I like it a lot. Bloody good idea. And it could be done with far less disruption. The only problem is legacy. At some point we need to re do our stadium. This is perfect but really its just a plaster.

But I like what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom