New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont mind the seats nearer the front on the lower sections. Such as Row 3 on the South Stand, I know you lose an overall view of the game, but you have screens for replays and I quite like the proximity to the players at corners and goal attacks etc.

So, if you could all please refrain from going for a pair of seats in this area behind the goal on "park lane", I would appreciate it :)
Yes I like being able to see "the whites of their eyes"
So using this logic club Wembley isn't "corporate"?
Access to your own bar and normal seats just inbetween 2 tiers. All thats missing is the freebies.

Not having a pop, just wonder what you consider the difference between the 2. If you consider there a difference a all
The reason we bought in Club Wembley was the only choice we had was either there or up in the gods. This didn’t include entrance into any of the bars. Food prices are ridiculous - £5 for a soggy egg mayo bagel. Won't be sorry to see the back of Wembley. I'm not going to start looking at availability until the weekend of the Citeh game, there should be a clearer picture of what we can buy by then.

I am in the 'gods' at Wembley and surprisingly we have managed to generate quite a good atmosphere up there. Not as bad as I thought and view really good, albeit long way up. May look for the 'gods' at new stadium when my turn comes.

Yes I like being able to see "the whites of their eyes"

The reason we bought in Club Wembley was the only choice we had was either there or up in the gods. This didn’t include entrance into any of the bars. Food prices are ridiculous - £5 for a soggy egg mayo bagel. Won't be sorry to see the back of Wembley. I'm not going to start looking at availability until the weekend of the Citeh game, there should be a clearer picture of what we can buy by then.

Agreed - the 'Wembley Experience' is 'stack it high sell it expensive' trying to catch gullible tourists and day trippers on a mass level.

Hopefully the new WHL is more 'our own' and geared towards loyalty and quality.

Not against having the 1882 area in the ground, just not in the south stand.
I think this is the crux of the issue for most people. Not saying that people that can afford and want to purchase these tickets are not as big supporters or anything like that, but I feel like this option is better suited elsewhere. The south portion of the East and West stands makes a lot of sense, and that’s where the rest of the 1882 seating is.

I am in the 'gods' at Wembley and surprisingly we have managed to generate quite a good atmosphere up there. Not as bad as I thought and view really good, albeit long way up. May look for the 'gods' at new stadium when my turn comes.
The gods at NWHL are about as far back as the top of club Wembley, so you’ll be closer to the action regardless.

Should be a much better seat. And blue, too.

DY1tAEgX0AAYTlO

Does the 1882 section count as hospitality at CL games like Club Wembley did this season? Will people who pay the premium be able to drink in their bar whilst the rest of us watch? That could be weird.
giphy.gif

I think they'll be able to drink in the private bar they get access to.
So the club makes a big deal about how it listened to the fans, strove to avoid the mistakes at the Death Star and Stratford, got the stand as close as possible to the pitch, banged on about tradition, about making this wall of Tottenham's most passionate support, then it sticks sub-corporate sections bang in the middle where for all we know the cunts will spend the second half in their exclusive wanky wine bar if the weather's a bit parky or the entertainment less than stellar.

Talk about a massive fucking own goal after all the good will and hype. I hope the idea is a non-starter, that no-one buys them and the club are forced to retreat. Doubt this will happen mind

So the club makes a big deal about how it listened to the fans, strove to avoid the mistakes at the Death Star and Stratford, got the stand as close as possible to the pitch, banged on about tradition, about making this wall of Tottenham's most passionate support, then it sticks sub-corporate sections bang in the middle where for all we know the cunts will spend the second half in their exclusive wanky wine bar if the weather's a bit parky or the entertainment less than stellar.

Talk about a massive fucking own goal after all the good will and hype. I hope the idea is a non-starter, that no-one buys them and the club are forced to retreat. Doubt this will happen mind
As a matter of fact the sales of these 1882 seats are pitifully bad so far. Only hope for the club is that people in the final phases buy them as the only remaining way to sit in the South. Otherwise they're going to have to change something.

Early signs suggest you needn't worry. Take up looks quite low so far.

(roughly) 10,000 people have been offered a ST by now. The take up for 1882 tickets is just over 1% at 114.

52 of these tickets are in the south stand:
8 in block 302
16 in block 403
18 in block 402
10 in block 403
0 in block 303

59 in the East stand
9 in block 530
50 in block 529

43 in the West
10 in block 501
33 in block 502

At this ratio, the club will sell less than 500 1882 tickets, with the south stand barely effected.

Back
Top Bottom