New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just been up the stadium and shop today with wife and little one as over visiting

I was about to come on here and announce it before the club did, I had a good look round and was thinking at least 3 months, the south stand still a mess not even close

Club shop is amazing we had a great time in there kiddo had fun playing on the turf in there in front of a giant screen, was funny seeing NFL have its own section but they really have done well with a Tottenham museum in it and access to skywalk for when it’s finished, enough Tottenham to wash away the corporate BS

F1-D065-BC-1-DC2-4-A6-F-A5-F8-EDB5-D254-BEDB.jpg

D58-C462-F-8-EB2-4-D23-BE26-9-C6-A5417-E796.jpg

582364-CE-9-E76-4-F67-A406-AD4-C09-CE58-AD.jpg

There is only and only one person I feel sorry for, Mr Chick king. Lost so much revenue and all local businesses.
Don't feel too sorry, the place is still rammed most of the time! I think they may have suffered more from the Pengest Munch than the stadium delay. Great place though so deserves all the custom it can get.

Edit: I feel for the people working in and owning the pubs though.

Where did I say embarrassing?

This is actually getting embarrassing.

Really? You’re not even aware of what you post? You’re a liar and a hypocrite. And you should be reported to the police or whatever counts for justice in your lawless equivalent of Tora Bora. Nonetheless, I see you’ve bagged a few no hopers. Funnily enough they all seem to live in Wales - or at least in the borders. I guess the crushingly tedious existence up there promotes self-flagellation. Just keep to the truth you worthless bore.

Apologies to cretinousgoat cretinousgoat and Jenny Talia Jenny Talia and all the Welsh boys, except the most tedious bore of all - John Thomas John Thomas . If you’re reading this John, just remember your broken promises. I’m going to keep you on ignore for the duration, but unfortunately I can see your ratings. If you want to cunt me off you’re going to have to get creative, and for a conehead like you, that’s going to be difficult.

Last edited:
Just been up the stadium and shop today with wife and little one as over visiting

I was about to come on here and announce it before the club did, I had a good look round and was thinking at least 3 months, the south stand still a mess not even close

Club shop is amazing we had a great time in there kiddo had fun playing on the turf in there in front of a giant screen, was funny seeing NFL have its own section but they really have done well with a Tottenham museum in it and access to skywalk for when it’s finished, enough Tottenham to wash away the corporate BS

I hope you also purchased the next size up for the little one, they grow-up so fast..........Just passing on a message from DL
:levyeyes:

What a truly bizarre season. All seems a bit surreal at the moment. Just hope this news doesn't negatively influence the players too much, although can't help but think part of the reason for the strangely subdued performances so far must be to do with the stadium uncertainty.

Any positives?

More by luck than judgement we've somehow had our best ever start to a PL season.

Such an odd year so far. The Stadium has been delayed four times, the atmosphere and crowds are shit, we're practically out of the CL with two "home" games left, the team's playing poorly, our captain has become a moron, our vice-captain has looked off-form for large parts, we became the first club to fail to make a single signing, there's huge doubts on squad depth and quality, several key players have longstanding fitness and injury concerns, others have a worryingly short time left on their contracts, and the fans are extremely pissed off this has all been matched with 40% ST price increases. Everything is going disastrously wrong except for the fact that we somehow have 21 points from 9 games.

More by luck than judgement we've somehow had our best ever start to a PL season.

It’s not luck mate. You can keep saying it, but it’s got nothing to do with luck. You’re talking about winning games with free flowing football. Luckily the management and the players know that this isn’t necessary to get results. The good stuff is later to come, but for once, we’re not playing catch up.

For what it's worth .... feedback from yesterdays project meeting ...

The safety systems testing have begun, MACE say it could take 4-6 weeks to get everything signed off, and they wouldn't guarantee that it will pass. DL apparently went nuts, he allegedly said "how can we plan our season when you can't even give us a completion date, I need to know when you will finish, I need to know that now" ... There has been a lot of movement at TFL, due to all the extra 'free' weekends from our delays, they have apparently brought forward four months work, and maybe more. Spurs have also brought forward a lot of the external and landscaping work planned for 2019. With yet another delay all weekend and overtime working will no longer be paid at premium rate by Spurs / MACE, it had pretty much stopped anyway, if sub-contractors use it to make deadlines they will now pay ... loads more small details, lots, and lots, and lots of legal disputes ahead, but they will mostly be between MACE and their sub-contractors ....

The Ticketing department have been asked to come up with a 'package' for season ticket holders, not exactly sure what that is ...

On the plus side we made a massive profit last year, and even with the CL looking done this season, we can expect similar levels of profit ... our debt burden from the new stadium (even if 300m overspent) will be far less than the worse case scenarios, so a small crumb of positiveness ...

Not discussed at the meeting but doing the rounds this week ... Poch has >100m to spend in January should the right player be available, a deal with Barca (no idea who for) is being heavily discussed ...

All second-hand and my guy has been less than stellar with stuff before ... but there you go ....

Well, I know that the season isn't summed up by what it offers me personally, but honestly I've written this one off. I've not been able to attend games this year for reasons I cannot change - premature baby, my wife's health etc - but I had been hoping for Burnley. I'm now consigning myself to it being next season. It's just too much work, booking days off work (which isn't at all easy), and fitting it around anything like a normal life. It isn't realistic.

Season 19/20. Have at you.

Well, I know that the season isn't summed up by what it offers me personally, but honestly I've written this one off. I've not been able to attend games this year for reasons I cannot change - premature baby, my wife's health etc - but I had been hoping for Burnley. I'm now consigning myself to it being next season. It's just too much work, booking days off work (which isn't at all easy), and fitting it around anything like a normal life. It isn't realistic.

Season 19/20. Have at you.

Mate some things are more important than football. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

For what it's worth .... feedback from yesterdays project meeting ...

The safety systems testing have begun, MACE say it could take 4-6 weeks to get everything signed off, and they wouldn't guarantee that it will pass. DL apparently went nuts, he allegedly said "how can we plan our season when you can't even give us a completion date, I need to know when you will finish, I need to know that now" ... There has been a lot of movement at TFL, due to all the extra 'free' weekends from our delays, they have apparently brought forward four months work, and maybe more. Spurs have also brought forward a lot of the external and landscaping work planned for 2019. With yet another delay all weekend and overtime working will no longer be paid at premium rate by Spurs / MACE, it had pretty much stopped anyway, if sub-contractors use it to make deadlines they will now pay ... loads more small details, lots, and lots, and lots of legal disputes ahead, but they will mostly be between MACE and their sub-contractors ....

The Ticketing department have been asked to come up with a 'package' for season ticket holders, not exactly sure what that is ...

On the plus side we made a massive profit last year, and even with the CL looking done this season, we can expect similar levels of profit ... our debt burden from the new stadium (even if 300m overspent) will be far less than the worse case scenarios, so a small crumb of positiveness ...

Not discussed at the meeting but doing the rounds this week ... Poch has >100m to spend in January should the right player be available, a deal with Barca (no idea who for) is being heavily discussed ...

All second-hand and my guy has been less than stellar with stuff before ... but there you go ....
Its like he was there.

:vdvhmm:

:gallashmm:

Absolutely! A right mess, these are my “We’re out all day, with rain, Regent’s Park zoo, carrying push chairs up and down stairs because TFL are real cunts” shoes!

Edit: I really hope they sort WHL train station out, had to carry load of stuff down all 3 flights, it looked like they are doing work on it but again nothing solid/finished. With double capacity people will be doing a Wembley and leaving on 82 just to get home

Last edited:
This is actually getting embarrassing.
Yeah, all those fans in their shitty stadiums pointing and laughing at the homeless folks who'll be moving into a fucking palace in a few months...they might as well enjoy it while they fucking can because they'll be choking on their envy next year...imagine how spammers will be feeling returning to their pit after playing us...

Yeah, all those fans in their shitty stadiums pointing and laughing at the homeless folks who'll be moving into a fucking palace in a few months...they might as well enjoy it while they fucking can because they'll be choking on their envy next year...imagine how spammers will be feeling returning to their pit after playing us...

I was talking more about the management of this. They have only just sent season tickets out and then there is another delay. The notion that we could have moved in back in August is beyond absurd - how on earth did they ever think this?

Apologies to cretinousgoat cretinousgoat and Jenny Talia Jenny Talia and all the Welsh boys, except the most tedious bore of all - John Thomas John Thomas . If you’re reading this John, just remember your broken promises. I’m going to keep you on ignore for the duration, but unfortunately I can see your ratings. If you want to cunt me off you’re going to have to get creative, and for a conehead like you, that’s going to be difficult.
Fuck. I've overcome bereavment, struggled against violent psychosis, battled with my demons and lost close friends and now this..........
DCI Joe Clash Joe Clash has put me on ignore.....this...this is too much

Back
Top Bottom