New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"A fan of North London rivals Woolwich complained to the ASA."

_104238594_posters.jpg

Tottenham warned over Champions League stadium advertisement

I've been watching this thread with keen anticipation. The new stadium is significant to many, for a variety of reasons. My personal reason was my Dad seeing his beloved Spurs running out for the first time.

Unfortunately whilst immensely strong he just couldn't deal with everything that was thrown at him and in the end lost the battle.

In the weeks leading up to his death, when the reality sunk in that he could fight it no longer, the triviality of football became apparent, it's merely a distraction from normal life and the things that really matter.

So my Dad, my best friend and my rock has gone but not without teaching me one more lesson.

Love you Dad, always will.

I've been watching this thread with keen anticipation. The new stadium is significant to many, for a variety of reasons. My personal reason was my Dad seeing his beloved Spurs running out for the first time.

Unfortunately whilst immensely strong he just couldn't deal with everything that was thrown at him and in the end lost the battle.

In the weeks leading up to his death, when the reality sunk in that he could fight it no longer, the triviality of football became apparent, it's merely a distraction from normal life and the things that really matter.

So my Dad, my best friend and my rock has gone but not without teaching me one more lesson.

Sorry for your loss. :dierpochhug:

Condolences mate.

One of the best things about football is the memories it can evoke. Every time you go to WHL, from the moment you start to get ready at home, to the journey to the stadium, to getting to your seat, all your rituals that you once shared are memories that you can cherish and relive. You get to do this at least 25 times a year, every year. This means he's still with you everytime you watch Spurs. I'd say that's something to look forward to.

I wander if the players and coaching staff have occasionally gone to view the place to keep motivated.

Players, who I appreciate will eventually leave or not etc, must still get a huge buzz at the idea of finally going home and being a part of one of the most defining, if not a more educated fan will let me know, possibly the single most historic and defining time of a genuinely world known club with rich history?

I wander if some of the brain farts that are caused by the players stem from them being as as distracted just as much as we are by it all.

Last edited:

Condolences to you and your family, may your dad rest in peace x

I wander if the players and coaching staff have occasionally gone to view the place to keep motivated.

Players, who I appreciate will eventually leave or not etc, must still get a huge buzz at the idea of finally going home and being a part of one of the most defining, if not a more educated fan will let me know, possibly the single most historic and defining time of a genuinely world known club with rich history?

I wander if some of the brain farts that are caused by the players stem from them being as as distracted just as much as we are by it all.
Where are you wandering?

xBvH01w.jpg

First pieces of the cladding on the south stand going up.

image.php

3 of the 4 ventilation shafts have been scaffolded and the first cladding added to the furthest one away from the camera.

Start of the final push on the south stand (which is the least finished on the stadium) ?

.....of frustration. It looks so finished that I can't believe we are still waiting for the test events.
I know in the grand scheme of things, it will be worth the wait and all the pain will be forgotten once we're in, but I seriously CAN'T WAIT!

Mrs P is really Julie Dawn Cole in disguise :allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom