New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On my way back. The stadium is immense. Massive props to Levy et al.

The only thing I will say is that the food/beverage area looked packed with sub-6k (they didn't kick out the 11am crowd before the 1pm started arriving) so will be interesting to see what it is like with 17k in it!
Did they open the bars and catering on the other floors, or was it just the food court/marketplace thingy?

Words nor pictures can really describe how it felt. Felt literally unreal. Took a few photos and vids but nothing different from what’s been posted already. Every single person was walking around with big grins on their faces. Surprised at £5 for Beavertown, it’s not unusual to see £6 in some places in London. Seems they’ve got everything spot on. Only worrying thing was how clueless the stewards looked getting people up the stairs this morning. Not sure what the match day procedure will be? Security is super tight with detectors and scans everywhere.

Was great seeing Spurs fans once again walking up the High Road. Nice to watch Woolwich get beat in my local the Bluecoats after, too. COYS!

Did they open the bars and catering on the other floors, or was it just the food court/marketplace thingy?
There were a few stalls on the 2nd tier open for pies and beers. To be clear, the South Stand has 4 levels which you can get to via stairs from the ‘outside’. It did seem odd to me that there didn’t seem to be many food/drink outlets on the 2nd or 3rd level, most of it was all on the first level in the market place.
It was fairly busy today, with 13/14k more people it’ll be rammed. Although there are many places in that level to stand throughout the whole length of the stand.

Security is super tight with detectors and scans everywhere
Yeah, it was. All those airport style detectors all round the entrances will be there every day and do take some time to get through. You are supposed to be able to go through unimpeded with phones and keys in your pocket but I was stopped and separately searched entering both the stadium and the shop as my keys and phone set it off both times. Clever machines too, as when I went through, there was no buzzer or anything but the chap stopped me and said “you have some metal in your left coat pocket, please empty it.”

Yeah, it was. All those airport style detectors all round the entrances will be there every day and do take some time to get through. You are supposed to be able to go through unimpeded with phones and keys in your pocket but I was stopped and separately searched entering both the stadium and the shop as my keys and phone set it off both times. Clever machines too, as when I went through, there was no buzzer or anything but the chap stopped me and said “you have some metal in your left coat pocket, please empty it.”

I went through with keys, phone and wallet without any problems. Just a bit disappointed they didn't question me about my Black Amex card.

Back row...
DuiUPdJX4AANCHM.jpg:large

I went through with keys, phone and wallet without any problems. Just a bit disappointed they didn't question me about my Black Amex card.
Blatant I breached security post

In all seriousness, knew someone with a black once. She was second card holder on her dad's card (someone who grew up with Lord Sugar, so clearly that part of East London had something in the water) . She said she had limits and had to get pre-approval for a certain level of purchase. When I asked the level she said "like if I wanted to buy a house..."

:hugoshock::pochshock2:

I'm struggling to find the words to describe today. Was there for the 11am slot, but as they didn't ask us to leave, I stayed put until the very end. I was expecting to feel excited, but the emotion just got the better of me at the first sight of the pitch and seats. Yes I've seen endless pictures and videos, but they really don't prepare you for the sheer magnitude of the build. The weird thing was, it still felt like WHL but with a very expensive make-over. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and I walked from top to bottom of the stand and there didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.
The interviews with Martin Chivers, Graham Roberts, Gary Mabbutt and Mark Falco were great, they really feel it, especially Mark Falco as he was a Spurs supporter as a boy. The others have evolved into "Spurs" - Robbo made us all laugh, when he said Woolwich were celebrating their unbeaten run (before today of course :) ), but they were still f***** behind us.
Went to the shop afterwards, where a big cheer went up when the Woolwich result was announced. Icing on the cake.
I feel very lucky and privileged that I managed to get in today, it really was the best of days.
Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Sydney Opera House, Great Wall of China, Empire State Building, Taj Mahal, The Pyramids, Tower of London - eat your hearts out - there's a new kid on the block - best building on earth!

I'm struggling to find the words to describe today. Was there for the 11am slot, but as they didn't ask us to leave, I stayed put until the very end. I was expecting to feel excited, but the emotion just got the better of me at the first sight of the pitch and seats. Yes I've seen endless pictures and videos, but they really don't prepare you for the sheer magnitude of the build. The weird thing was, it still felt like WHL but with a very expensive make-over. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and I walked from top to bottom of the stand and there didn't seem to be a bad seat in the house.
The interviews with Martin Chivers, Graham Roberts, Gary Mabbutt and Mark Falco were great, they really feel it, especially Mark Falco as he was a Spurs supporter as a boy. The others have evolved into "Spurs" - Robbo made us all laugh, when he said Woolwich were celebrating their unbeaten run (before today of course :) ), but they were still f***** behind us.
Went to the shop afterwards, where a big cheer went up when the Woolwich result was announced. Icing on the cake.
I feel very lucky and privileged that I managed to get in today, it really was the best of days.
Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Sydney Opera House, Great Wall of China, Empire State Building, Taj Mahal, The Pyramids, Tower of London - eat your hearts out - there's a new kid on the block - best building on earth!

Nicely put.

Back
Top Bottom