New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of these pics look like they are computer generated...
elORodm.jpg

b6z2njk.jpg

Tc4XVP7.jpg

Can you imagine the atmosphere first PL at new WHL? All that pent up frustration finally being released? Oh for an early goal and a good win. Couple of goals from pens too for us South Stand. An FA cup tie would be great as well.

Really want it be ASAP.

Can you imagine the atmosphere first PL at new WHL? All that pent up frustration finally being released? Oh for an early goal and a good win. Couple of goals from pens too for us South Stand. An FA cup tie would be great as well.

Really want it be ASAP.
I'm sure it will be a league match that is the first. Club likely wouldn't want the headache of sorting out the opening of the stadium along with the ticketing of a cup game. Just speculation, but I feel pretty confident in it.

Any news on potential naming rights deals ?
Quick recap of the latest news:
- HSBC deal failed (The man in charge there for marketing is the man that agreed to the AIA shirt deal when he was still working for AIA)
- Stadium sponsorship formula will be consisting of a mix of sponsors (allegedly) (See next point)
- Audi is a sponsor (officially) since November (including branding in our stadium (See Totti's post), product placement in our social media...)
- Rumor has it that Qatar Airways is still looking for further presence through sponsorship, and we would be the first choice
- Small detail: in the future projections of revenue streams (on which the conclusion was based to build the stadium), having revenue from naming rights wasn't foreseen in the first year. This means that lacking a sponsor the first year wouldn't put us behind schedule to pay it all back.

Must say I'm a little surprised that we've struggled to find a stadium naming sponsor. Very high profile, State of the art new stadium in London, of a famous London team who've been very successful of late with some of leagues blue chip player names, playing in the world's richest league with the best global TV exposure of any sport, with American Football lined up too (possibly the world's richest league).

You'd think this would be one of the best opportunities of its kind in the world right now?

Must say I'm a little surprised that we've struggled to find a stadium naming sponsor. Very high profile, State of the art new stadium in London, of a famous London team who've been very successful of late with some of leagues blue chip player names, playing in the world's richest league with the best global TV exposure of any sport, with American Football lined up too (possibly the world's richest league).

You'd think this would be one of the best opportunities of its kind in the world right now?

I doubt we've struggled - and in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we have one and we're just not confirming it until the stadium is completed and we've moved in.

They're not going to want to be associated with 'delayed stadium'

I doubt we've struggled - and in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if we have one and we're just not confirming it until the stadium is completed and we've moved in.

They're not going to want to be associated with 'delayed stadium'

You really think whoever it "could be" would be that concerned about it being delayed? If we did have a sponsor lined up, surely they'd have struggled to keep it secret? Someone would have leaked it by now? Or at least leaked that we have one, if not the name?

Back
Top Bottom