New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t I see a pic ages ago with the Audi logo on the seats in the dug-out - or did I imaging that?!

Real Madrids bench is sponsored by Audi.

banquillo-Bernabeu.jpg

I imagine we could do something similar.

They're nothing but a corporate sponsor and a means of additional income. Just like City have Nissan, Chelsea have Hyundai etc

By the way Bayern Munich are also sponsored by Audi - yet have no signs of it on their shirt etc. Just a corporate sponsor attached to a big club. We'd be joining a few elite clubs like Bayern and Madrid to be sponsored by them.

Last edited:
I don't have any ITK on this or anything, but they are one of our most prominent (new) sponsors
bXgb2Uf.png

+ in almost every promo we do an Audi is showcased
+ Audi already made specific ads with Tottenham players too

From a marketing perspective it would make sense as well: Chevrolet have Manchester United, or even just sleeve sponsor like Hyundai with Chelsea

My worst argument: some self proclaimed ITK already said this (before Audi was even an official sponsor though)

Let me put it this way: of our existing sponsors, imo Audi is the most likely to become short sponsor if AIA don't renew
Don't want to burst your bubble mate but Audi pays to be in almost every promo, as too when they made the ad's and also for the prominent position on the partner page. If they paid the same amount as say Kumho Tyre then that would be reflected in the number of times they are mentioned etc.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that they will not be next shirt sponsors, but whoever pays the amount the Club demand will become shirt sponsor, nothing to do with the relationship now and what they currently pay.

Looking at the schedule, if Millwall don't beat Brighton then we may be playing Palace at Wembley regardless.

The only open mid-week slots left are the week of April 1st and April 22nd. Weeks of April 8, 15, 29 and May 6 are all European Football weeks.

That means that if we have two matches to reschedule, we would theoretically need to play one the week of April 1st and one the week of April 22nd (this assumes we can't open the new stadium midweek).

The only scenario I see that could change this is if we jam in two matches the week of the 22nd. This would mean:

@Man City Saturday April 20th
v. Palace/Brighton Tuesday April 23rd
v. Palace/Brighton Thursday April 25th
v. West Ham Sunday April 28th

That would mean moving the West Ham match from midday Saturday to midday Sunday. Trying to play those last two matches Friday/Monday would nearly be logistically impossible because it would require rescheduling not only the West Ham game but whomever we also play on Friday as well (Brighton/Palace). It would also be difficult to schedule a match the Thursday before the last match because we are still in the Champions League.

I think everyone involved would rather play 4 matches in 8 days (3 of which in the new stadium) than play another game at Wembley, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom