New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Instant buzz for all involved with the club. I must say I am hugely impressed with the flexibility shown by Crystal Palace and/ or Brighton with this one. Pretty refreshing that a team doesn't moan or kick up a fuss about something these days. Seems like they've helped us out big time with a fair old amount limited to pretty short notice. Fair play, common sense prevailed
Paul Barber (ex-Tottenham Executive Director) left on very good terms, it was rumoured he was going to take up a position back at Spurs before he went to Brighton. As with Palace, I'm sure I recall Steve Parish being highly complimentary about the New Stadium in a Radio interview, I'm sure he said that he has been given a tour of the place.

D1KcsaRWwAE3qhI.jpg

I've always wanted to see the four rings on a Spurs shirt, if we have to have a sponsor that is. Would look classy, certainly compared to the shit we've had to advertise since Holsten (HP excepted maybe, although it was too damn big)

It would look marvelous indeed! The only downside is the fact that other fans would photoshop the word "trophies" after the 0000 every week if we don't win anything soon :pochsulk:
For the record, I don't need trophies to be proud of this wonderful side, but the less ground for banter the better

So anybody work for British airways and who will put in a good word for me so I can change my flight home, as knowing my luck it's going to be palace on the wed!
:dier:
Serves me right for believing all those people who said the first game wouldn't be mid week!
Tottenham followup:

“We now understand that our opening fixture at the new stadium conflicts with Mrs. Perryman’s previously booked travel schedule. This was an oversight by Spurs, the FA and Premier League, as well as UEFA. We are now making the necessary changes to our fixture list to correct this error. We sincerely thank all of our supporters for their patience and understanding.”

:adegrin:

Paul Barber (ex-Tottenham Executive Director) left on very good terms, it was rumoured he was going to take up a position back at Spurs before he went to Brighton. As with Palace, I'm sure I recall Steve Parish being highly complimentary about the New Stadium in a Radio interview, I'm sure he said that he has been given a tour of the place.

Yeah, can't stand Parish, but he's been very complimentary about how our club is run. Couldn't have had two better clubs to interact with over this IMO.

Tottenham followup:

“We now understand that our opening fixture at the new stadium conflicts with Mrs. Perryman’s previously booked travel schedule. This was an oversight by Spurs, the FA and Premier League, as well as UEFA. We are now making the necessary changes to our fixture list to correct this error. We sincerely thank all of our supporters for their patience and understanding.”

Fair enough I suppose

I do have a friend who works for BA. I can see what the options are. No bullshit
I love you!!!! The annoying thing is not knowing for certain, and the cup game is a week before I go. I suppose I can wait until the result before I do anything. When I booked the holiday, I took into account it was an international week and we were away, and it wasn't a CL week, never thought the first game at the new stadium would be an issue. Too stressful being a Spurs fan.

Tottenham followup:

You'd think they would have checked first!!!!
:pochsmirk:

see my reply to CheekyPint CheekyPint . Missing the odd game isn't the issue, it's the fact that it's the first game - I am seriously considering foregoing the holiday TBH. Can't joke about it.
Ah ok, I see. Good point, first game will be a belter, but worth cancelling an entire holiday for? If it’s possible to re-schedule it’s gotta be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom