New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having loans at HSBC, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America.

In a simple world Levy should just ‘swap’ (one of) the loans with a naming rights deal for one of those banks
HSBC was actually close to being a done deal, but the HSBC board rejected it because of the image of the PL vs image of *Rubgy *insert posh sport name*.

HSBC was actually close to being a done deal, but the HSBC board rejected it because of the image of the PL vs image of *Rubgy *insert posh sport name*.
Indeed, the same "upper management bloke" that worked for AIA and got us the AIA deal went to work for HSBC and that was Levy his main contact to get a deal done for HSBC too, but the board ruled out a football sponsorship because they're already invested in cycling and rugby

No idea about the money involved with HSBC but it's supposed to be £20m pa we are asking for naming rights.

See Stanley Stanley comments re HSBC'spotential involvement. This was leaked last year I think???
No idea about the money involved with HSBC but it's supposed to be £20m pa we are asking for naming rights.

See Stanley Stanley comments re HSBC'spotential involvement. This was leaked last year I think???

Sounds about right

Interest will be 25m and naming rights will pay off the capital loan no doubt.

I know it's impractical and makes no economic sense, but I would love it if we could avoid selling our name to the highest bidder and just continue calling it the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium officially. We will still call it The Lane, in any case.

I'd prefer it not to be called the HSBC stadium. That name's a bit of a mouthful.

On that note, has anyone noticed that often on TV people still seem to just be referring to it as "Spurs new stadium", and hardly anyone's calling it Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, because that's a bit of a mouthful too, and everyone knows it's just a placeholder.

Whoever it ends up being, I just hope it's a short, snappy name that's not embarrassing

Another nice little earner for the close season 20-21:

Good news for the area too if those figures from Bilbao are to be believed.

Beating Twickenham to a rugby Union final, that sounds pretty impressive to me. I imagine the very high end boxes and Tunnel Club mean that it really can be a money making machine for a big event.

Edit - Is there any chance we could rival Wembley for future CL finals? I know our capacity is lower, but EUFA love Wembley because of the massive revenues from the Club Wembley middle tier (which are shite views compared to our ground btw). Any chance of the Tunnel Club thing rivalling their revenues with 30,000 or so more seats to sell?

Actually on 2nd thoughts EUFA wouldn't let us host CL finals as it's on the cards we'd be contesting every one from now on

:pochbye:

Last edited:
Caught up with a good mate today that works in Events Management who had a knees up with a bloke who's an Woolwich fan + worked on the stadium as an architect at some level. Basically he said that withnthe goings on there with rival fans it really isn't a surprise we had delays. When I asked if he meant sabotage he just winked and smiled at me.

I've known this guy for what must be about 10 years now and he's sound. Wouldn't make it up so unless some goon Architect is stirring the pot randomly so long after everything got resolved I'd say that it's a strong possibility the biggest mistake we made was hiring lower level workers that directly have/ had an agenda against Spurs. Make of it what you will lads & ladies.

Caught up with a good mate today that works in Events Management who had a knees up with a bloke who's an Woolwich fan + worked on the stadium as an architect at some level. Basically he said that withnthe goings on there with rival fans it really isn't a surprise we had delays. When I asked if he meant sabotage he just winked and smiled at me.

I've known this guy for what must be about 10 years now and he's sound. Wouldn't make it up so unless some goon Architect is stirring the pot randomly so long after everything got resolved I'd say that it's a strong possibility the biggest mistake we made was hiring lower level workers that directly have/ had an agenda against Spurs. Make of it what you will lads & ladies.

Doesn’t really matter now.

Back
Top Bottom