New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How on earth would you exclusively hire construction workers on a London-based project who support football teams that aren't rivals of Tottenham?

I think it's more to do with the fact that with us not relocating, the need to get it done quickly overtook the need for quality assurance. It is what it is but it seems a few that got paid for their professionalism acted with very little of it. It was bound to happen, cest la vie

HSBC was actually close to being a done deal, but the HSBC board rejected it because of the image of the PL vs image of *Rubgy *insert posh sport name*.
Joke's on them. We'll be getting some bloody high profile rugby matches in there soon.

giphy.gif

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm new here...

Q. How long would you experts say it takes to fully develop 'home advantage' at a new stadium? Or is it there from Day 1?

Q. How long would you experts say it takes to fully develop 'home advantage' at a new stadium? Or is it there from Day 1?
An unanswerable question in my view.

A lot of the "experts" were saying it would be a disadvantage and we should have waited till the start of next season to move in.
They were proved wrong IMV.

Although I hate to say it, it might be a good thing that we lost to Spam at NWHL.
It gets that "first team to win at NWHL" monkey off our backs.

An unanswerable question in my view.

A lot of the "experts" were saying it would be a disadvantage and we should have waited till the start of next season to move in.
They were proved wrong IMV.

Although I hate to say it, it might be a good thing that we lost to Spam at NWHL.
It gets that "first team to win at NWHL" monkey off our backs.
I agree with that.Just wish it could have been someone else...

How on earth would you exclusively hire construction workers on a London-based project who support football teams that aren't rivals of Tottenham?

You can't, but

I've heard Levy cut corners with that particular contractor. A German one that was top notch would have cost £18m more, but would probably have been a feck of a site better at management and quality assurance.

And there's a big difference between something silly like burying a Spam shirt under the centre circle and deliberate sabotage of the electrics just before they're cemented in.

Mind you, the Spurs shirt under the half way line at the Scumirates has been pretty good so far

:gallashmm:

Mind you, the Spurs shirt under the half way line at the Scumirates has been pretty good so far

:gallashmm:
Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".

Fella in my local worked on the H& S for the Emirates.
He reckons there were loads of shirts ,not just spurs buried at various places in the ground.Its par for the course i reckon.
He once got a photo done for a Gooner in the pub,this was just before completion,proper picture framed up.The photo had loads of red dots all over it.
The bloke asked what the red dots were,my mate replied " That's all the places i've have had a shit".
He should probably see a doctor if his shit is red.

image-cc8b4b0a-9788-44fe-be69-7b6b02d331c620190515-103801.jpg

This popped up on my LinkedIn today, I enviously follow the new stadium's structural engineers. Cool section cut through the structural model of NWHL...what I wouldn't give to get my hands on that file!

I don't think it's been established consistently just yet, but it's my genuine belief that if we weren't at the new stadium then we wouldn't have won the first leg against Man City 1-0.

So for me, it took two games to have an effect.

I don't think it's been established consistently just yet, but it's my genuine belief that if we weren't at the new stadium then we wouldn't have won the first leg against Man City 1-0.

So for me, it took two games to have an effect.
Yes. I too believe that 'home advantage' pays dividends very quickly. From my own limited sporting experience it's psychological as much as anything and it's there from day 1, so for a Premiership player, with thousands of supporters behind him, it should be magnified. But, as I said, I'm not the expert, hence the question.

Don’t we already have rail seating in the South Lower?

Now every other PL club will be building a single tier stand. Making those soulless bowls that are the death star and rented athletics stadium pretty outdated and obsolete.

Noticed this in the Marketplace pre-game. It was loud and a good atmosphere, lots of singing. Stewards held back people coming in which you can understand cos it was rammed. But then another group of stewards turned up, physically bigger and quite clearly there to remove some individuals. Really not sure what they did to deserve to be removed, a bit of beer was being splashed around on the Allez allez chorus, but was an over reaction to remove those few supporters they did. Could have turned a bit nasty.

Quite honestly, the way this lot of stewards waded in and confronted people was over the top and it was quite sad to see, when clearly it was a party atmosphere and people were enjoying themselves.

I know I’m a few days late on this, and sorry to bring it up again. But I was in on that and just wanted to say a couple things. (A) that kid who was on someone’s shoulders was a legend! I understand why they had to ask for him to not be on someone’s shoulders, but I’m glad they let him be up for a few songs and enjoy it as well! (B) at least one of the stewards was a little sheepish in toning things down. He was genuinely enjoying the atmosphere I think, and it was the beer throwing that they had to roll in and get out. He was talking with some guys, smiling and not a prick at all.

I was in the middle at one point and it was glorious, but truthfully I didn’t want to be covered in beer either. That’s the risk you take of course, and I knew that going in, but given the choice I’d stay dry. Anyway, just saying that I thought the stewards did fine down there.

Back
Top Bottom