New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you able to access the rest of the stadium from the Corporate areas? I know there are doorways on the stairs to level 3 etc but do they allow you in and out if you have a ticket for that level?

Probably because most Liverpudlians support Everton, with Liverpool FC getting the vast majority of their support from outside the city
because most of the rat eating gobshites have signed on this forum, begging for tickets so they can watch a game in a proper stadium is closer to it.
we will be able to spot the scousers. they woll look at the a,mount of disabled spaces in shock. cos we didnt put off building them.

Not sure what was original sold and what's now going to be offered, worth giving the club a ring if you're interested. My guess it would be the high end stuff, they were going to just open the bars and food vendors, Now I'm told all the restaurants will be open as well ...

Whatever you think about DL he knows how to make a quid ... 60,000 Spurs fans paying a tenner each doesn't sound a lot - 600k - but have 60,000 Spurs fans paying another 30 quid each on food and drink ... suddenly you're looking at over a couple of million ... all just to watch a few big TVs ...

By contrast Liverpool were offering 11,000 tickets across three different screening venues (not Anfield) there are still tickets on general sale at all three ....
Ended up in 212 which looks to be direct on the half way line lower tier

How was the experience Saturday outside of the result?

Was a little bit surreal for me. I joined in chants but only half heartedly really. You sing to make an atmosphere for the players and they can't hear you. And I was sat down for the vast majority of the game which again is unusual for me.

EDIT

Did anyone else get free drinks?

I went to the bar immediately after the 2nd goal went in, and the bloke in front of me, and my round were given to us free of charge.

Last edited:
Are you able to access the rest of the stadium from the Corporate areas? I know there are doorways on the stairs to level 3 etc but do they allow you in and out if you have a ticket for that level?

I found out the answer to that on Saturday - no.
I went in through door 2 on West, I had a ticket for level 3, but then found I couldn't get to the Dispensary to join Nutter and the TFC gang on level 5, which I was sad about.

Level 3 was though very nice - small bars, more serving staff, restaurant tables, padded seats, lots of TVs in the bars, more leg/side room etc. All the club staff were really friendly and helpful. You went out through the glass to sit in your seats - nice height and fantastic view of the pitch from the half-way line.
But, is that what watching football has become? Is that a fan experience?

Each to his own I guess and, as a biggish 6'3" bloke, I am indeed pissed off with the room in my ST seat but no, not for me. I'm no cockney geezer, and I'm too knackered these days to stand behind the goal for 2 hours, but still, I'd rather be where the banter is.

I found out the answer to that on Saturday - no.
I went in through door 2 on West, I had a ticket for level 3, but then found I couldn't get to the Dispensary to join Nutter and the TFC gang on level 5, which I was sad about.

Level 3 was though very nice - small bars, more serving staff, restaurant tables, padded seats, lots of TVs in the bars, more leg/side room etc. All the club staff were really friendly and helpful. You went out through the glass to sit in your seats - nice height and fantastic view of the pitch from the half-way line.
But, is that what watching football has become? Is that a fan experience?

Each to his own I guess and, as a biggish 6'3" bloke, I am indeed pissed off with the room in my ST seat but no, not for me. I'm no cockney geezer, and I'm too knackered these days to stand behind the goal for 2 hours, but still, I'd rather be where the banter is.
Don't feel too left out. The area around the Dispensary was so full that they stopped letting people in from very early on, for safety reasons. I never managed to get down there. I don't know if anyone else did. The Dispensary itself didn't seem too full, but although you could see it from the cordon, you couldn't get to it.

As for the experience itself, I thought it was worth a tenner, although the sound system was far too loud during the game, making it hard to hear the crowd in the stadium and lessening the atmosphere. It also meant that all you could hear, when the Spurs defence were passing the ball around at the back, was jeers and whistles from dipper fans in Madrid. This, to my mind, was a big mistake on the part of the organisers.
The sound was also far too loud during half time. I had to shout so my wife could hear me - ridiculous.

Don't feel too left out. The area around the Dispensary was so full that they stopped letting people in from very early on, for safety reasons. I never managed to get down there. I don't know if anyone else did. The Dispensary itself didn't seem too full, but although you could see it from the cordon, you couldn't get to it.
Down to the Dispensary? It’s on Level 5!

With your talk of condoning off the area it sounds more like you’re talking about the Marketplace, as that always gets cordoned off once it’s full.

I thought the screening was ok, the highlight for me was however the buzz outside the ground leading up to the game. I’m sure my son will never forget it.

However The screens were to small, after having a few to many beers it was tricky to watch

Down to the Dispensary? It’s on Level 5!

With your talk of condoning off the area it sounds more like you’re talking about the Marketplace, as that always gets cordoned off once it’s full.
You're not seriously suggesting that I (who has never made a mistake in his entire life) may have been in the wrong area, are you?????
What a strange thought.
Anyone got an elevation plan of the stadium lol? I need clarification here, for next time!

Wonder if our woman team will use from next season now there in the top league.

Good news is that the training ground and lodge are earning their keep - . even when Spurs players were also using the training ground.

Not sure how much the team would pay but 10 days in a top hotel in London would probably cost a minimum of £2,000, add in catering and use of the pitch, medical and other facilities and its probably £5,000+ per person - and probably 30 to 40 players and staff travelling so certainly around the £200k or so mark and could be more.

Nice little earner when its not being fully used

Back
Top Bottom