New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm in the South Upper and the problem with the atmosphere is the fans. There are some great people around me who sing and make alot of noise and their are some absolute bell ends who complain when people stand and just want to sit there like they are in a fucking opera. I have had arguements with these fans and there stock response is I have paid for my ticket so I can watch how I like. My response is why did you not go in the west, east and North stands you fucking pillock. These "fans" are a disgrace. The whole point of the south stand design is to have a "wall of noise" but at points it's like a library. The club ultimately is to blame because the moment they put the 1882 in the middle of the wall they ruined the park lane. Also with making season tickets the most expensive in Europe they have priced out alot of old Skool spurs fans who make noise and sing as well as younger local fans who would bring the noise. Imagine if instead of the 1882 they had cheap under 25 season tickets. The wall would be rocking but yet again Levy and Co. went for the greedy option. I have a season ticket but I'm getting to the point where I will just go to the big games and put my tickets for small games on the exchange. I live in Tottenham so can just watch it in the local boozer and go away. I went to the Haringey Boro FA cup game and you get more atmosphere there then half the games in the "Wall of Breeze"

One key contributor is actually the pricing in the sides (East and West) and crucially the lack of concession pricing. That left a lot of older fans without any choice apart from the sides and upper bits of the South Stand.

My Dad is approaching 70. He's in the south (he's fine with standing / sitting / atmosphere incidentally ) but the ticket there is £450 ish from memory. In the sides it could be £1500 with no concession . Huge difference. And the north was never encouraged due to the away allocations, kids zone etc.

One key contributor is actually the pricing in the sides (East and West) and crucially the lack of concession pricing. That left a lot of older fans without any choice apart from the sides and upper bits of the South Stand.

My Dad is approaching 70. He's in the south (he's fine with standing / sitting / atmosphere incidentally ) but the ticket there is £450 ish from memory. In the sides it could be £1500 with no concession . Huge difference. And the north was never encouraged due to the away allocations, kids zone etc.

Fair point mate. My freinds dad was in the west lower and he got shafted by the new stadium as they had no OAP rates in the place where he sat for over 40 years. Kind of summarises how the club treats supporters who have been loyal for years.

To be fair, the food is excellent for a football stadium, but your point it totally valid
Ive only had the sausage role and it was decent. I try to support local resturants. Capital Kebab in Edmonton beautiful Meze. Jerkies in upper edmonton, Marcos Italian Bruce Grove and Peublito Paisa the Colombian Gaff on the corner of Seven Sisters. All quality.

I just wish they still had the colonel selling burgers outside the Paxton. "Nice bit of bacon. Tell you mooottthheerr".

Yeah I picked up a great seat in the mid tier north stand as I will get moved for the domestic cups. Which didn’t bother me too much as figured I could sit in other parts of the ground if I really wanted to.

Quite like the position/view of the seats too, and seeing they are struggling to sell the east stand premium seats I don’t see them converting this tier to premium zone any time soon either. Which was my only concern for a while.

thumb_ever-getthe-feeling-youve-been-cheated-memegenerator-net-ever-get-the-54093475.png
Yeah but sadly Johnny ( Lydon ) Rotten is a Woolwich Scum cnut - so a total CUNT

As someone who used to love standing on the Shelf, I have a lot of sympathy for those that like standing. However there are 2 sides to a story. A few years ago I went with my wife to watch Queen at Wembley Arena. My wife mainly went for me and we made a day of it and walked a lot around London. We then got to Wembley Arena and sat down as we needed a rest. We were on the flat and as soon as Queen came on everyone around me stood, forcing me to stand but my wife did not and did not see the performance. No stewards to ask people to sit and as on the flat no safety issues. My wife will not go to another concert after that. we were tired after a long day.
We did go to Wembley to watch Spurs and no problem with standing.
If I go with my wife to NWHL she will not want to stand. I will not go in the South stand but as the club cannot allow any standing they cannot say which areas they are going to allow or not. I can see both sides of the argument and whilst I have no chance of getting away tickets would expect standing and never take the wife.

As someone who used to love standing on the Shelf, I have a lot of sympathy for those that like standing. However there are 2 sides to a story. A few years ago I went with my wife to watch Queen at Wembley Arena. My wife mainly went for me and we made a day of it and walked a lot around London. We then got to Wembley Arena and sat down as we needed a rest. We were on the flat and as soon as Queen came on everyone around me stood, forcing me to stand but my wife did not and did not see the performance. No stewards to ask people to sit and as on the flat no safety issues. My wife will not go to another concert after that. we were tired after a long day.
We did go to Wembley to watch Spurs and no problem with standing.
If I go with my wife to NWHL she will not want to stand. I will not go in the South stand but as the club cannot allow any standing they cannot say which areas they are going to allow or not. I can see both sides of the argument and whilst I have no chance of getting away tickets would expect standing and never take the wife.
This post is so indicative of our, and indeed football's, ageing support.

Also reflects that the UK has an ageing population.

Not as bad as say Germany where despite immigration the working age population is forecast to drop by 40% to 6m over the next 20 years.

But currently the UK has circa 20% of the population of over 60 which will increase to 25% over the next 15 years or so.

Maybe more indicative that young people cannot afford to go to football in great numbers. Your @verage 21 yr old working in a factory couldn’t afford a regular visit to Spurs. Hence the lack of atmosphere in many grounds

a regular visit to Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom