New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Update: had some issues when they scanned us in with mobile scanners before security.
Probably caused by either the sunlight reflection, curved glass, or glass screen protector. Got there in the end, worked first time at the turnstile though.

Update: had some issues when they scanned us in with mobile scanners before security.
Probably caused by either the sunlight reflection, curved glass, or glass screen protector. Got there in the end, worked first time at the turnstile though.
Did you go to the Villa game? What a shit show that was. Had to go and queue for a paper ticket at the ticket office. Good job we got there early as I'm sure a number of people missed the start of the game due to the issues.

Last edited:
Did you go to the Villa game? What a shit show that was. Had to go and queue for a paper ticket at the ticket office. Good job we got there early as I'm suer a number of people missed the start of the game due to the issues.
No, maybe they set a one size fits all rule to avoid people like me holding up the queue! I should get my member card soon though, even a well printed barcode can slow down the scanning if it's creased etc

Trust saying we'd struggle to sell the expensive season tickets? sold out in days ... supply and demand
Not strictly true. I bought an 1882 ticket in the very last window available. The one where they were offering season tickets to pretty much all and sundry. I could have had a ticket in the gods of the north east I think, but chose the middle of the south stand because I wanted to be a part of that stand and could afford it at the time. I have renewed this year because of the stump up or lose it fear, however, I am seriously considering, for various reasons, not renewing it next year. If I could get a ticket at half the cost in the same or similar location I wouldn't blink before clicking the renew button.

Having said that, I've no doubt that there are plenty of people on the waiting list that would be happy to fill my £2,2200 seat next year and the year after......

Last edited:

Did you go to the Villa game? What a shit show that was. Had to go and queue for a paper ticket at the ticket office. Good job we got there early as I'm sure a number of people missed the start of the game due to the issues.

100% it's the sun. I told them last season, but no one listens; when it doesn't work they just say go to the next guy, which doesn't work either unless the sun happens to go behind a cloud.

Yup! The scanner made a different noise to what it should, but the fella didn't clock. It wasn't until I got my phone back did I realise that I'd clicked on the wrong one (or my app defaulted to the Villa ticket on the home screen).

I got my ST out for the turnstile though, just to be on the safe side :D

I've not yet worked out the purpose of the scanners at the bottom of the stairs. I guess it's just to stop there being queues/issues at the actual turnstiles? Pretty sure you could just slip past the pre check unnoticed at busy points.

Morning Habanero. The money the club makes from tickets is not very important in terms of raising money for the club. The supporters trust worked out that the change in ticket prices raised 11 million in revenue. Most of the money is made through TV, corporate boxes and advertising. There's a good breakdown on Tifo football that explains the economics. I would argue that the club has been exceptionally greedy with the pricing of tickets at the lower end as had priced out many old Skool supporters, local fans and the younger generation due to greed. The club could have still made a ton of money but had cheap seats behind the goals. This is the model that successful clubs like Real Madrid and Bayern follow. By making our tickets the most expensive in Europe they are stopping a whole generation of fans from getting into the stadium and replacing them with tourists who make very little contribution to the atmosphere.

This sums me up. sure there is many like me.

Cost of a game is close to 150 quid when factoring ticket and travel plus food and drink.

1) atmosphere is shit cos of above
2) prices your mates out unless they are hardcore spurs fans
3) id rather spend the money on something else
4) place is full of old people as the youth can't afford it

Id rather save my money for couple of games and go on holiday. that's how stupid it is.

This sums me up. sure there is many like me.

Cost of a game is close to 150 quid when factoring ticket and travel plus food and drink.

1) atmosphere is shit cos of above
2) prices your mates out unless they are hardcore spurs fans
3) id rather spend the money on something else
4) place is full of old people as the youth can't afford it

Id rather save my money for couple of games and go on holiday. that's how stupid it is.

Then don't go ... it's your choice after all

You don't like it, think we all get that, do you have to keep whinging about it?

I don't like olives so I don't buy them, now I could keep buying olives complain every-time I eat one and then write a blog about how much I hate them, but only a fool would do that ... are you a fool?

Then don't go ... it's your choice after all

You don't like it, think we all get that, do you have to keep whinging about it?

I don't like olives so I don't buy them, now I could keep buying olives complain every-time I eat one and then write a blog about how much I hate them, but only a fool would do that ... are you a fool?

Football is supposed to belong to the community. The working mans game. Levy says he is a custodian of the club. He's right in saying part of his job is to make sure he doesn't pay silly transfer fees and wages to players. Its also important not to price the majority of society out of attending games.

Football is supposed to belong to the community. The working mans game. Levy says he is a custodian of the club. He's right in saying part of his job is to make sure he doesn't pay silly transfer fees and wages to players. Its also important not to price the majority of society out of attending games.

Since when? EPL football is long since a multi-billion business run by highly paid professionals providing a product on a supply and demand basis ...

If you want "the game of the people" then that's on the TV or Internet where millions watch every game ... the stadium and fans at the top level are just part of the cost of doing business.

Do I like that? No I remember the days when it was a few old pence, when it was 90% locals who walked to the ground, when it was the working man's game ... but I'm not naive or stupid enough to realise that those days in the EPL are long gone.

Just like smoking, drink driving, no helmets or seat belts, were the norm back in the day now they are not ... standing in a sea of piss at the bottom of a crumbling terrace with no roof, no toilets, no food no security yeah we all did that ... but that's gone and never coming back.

The only way you will reduce prices is if Spurs get relegated ... do you wish for that?

If for you football is all about a cheap day out try the O's or your local non-league team, they would welcome your support and for you it would be like stepping back in time ... wanting to have your cake and eat it is a nice thought but it can't happen, doesn't matter how much you whine about it this is 2019 not 1960

Not strictly true. I bought an 1882 ticket in the very last window available. The one where they were offering season tickets to pretty much all and sundry. I could have had a ticket in the gods of the north east I think, but chose the middle of the south stand because I wanted to be a part of that stand and could afford it at the time. I have renewed this year because of the stump up or lose it fear, however, I am seriously considering, for various reasons, not renewing it next year. If I could get a ticket at half the cost in the same or similar location I wouldn't blink before clicking the renew button.

Having said that, I've no doubt that there are plenty of people on the waiting list that would be happy to fill my £2,2200 seat next year and the year after......

2,200 to watch football. you're crazy. let the next crazy have it

question is whether these prices can be sustained after the novelty of new ground has worn off

Back
Top Bottom