New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could tell who the recent newbies were....when the people sitting next to you started to sing "Stand up if you hate A****** instead of love Tottenham.

I spoke to a few and they were all down to check out the stadium. Not regular away fans by any means for the most part. Still, they enjoyed their day out more than me.
Know two people with Norwich season tickets who support another team as well. They were a nice bunch, I guess with a club like Norwich most of that 9000 is not going to be made up with vociferous support. Didn’t feel like a normal away end.

I spoke to a few and they were all down to check out the stadium. Not regular away fans by any means for the most part. Still, they enjoyed their day out more than me.
Think that's the crux of the matter, away supporters and teams seem to be inspired to perform at the stadium, more than us these days. A bit like when teams played us at Wembley. Seems an age since we dominated teams at home (apart from the odd game).

Think that's the crux of the matter, away supporters and teams seem to be inspired to perform at the stadium, more than us these days. A bit like when teams played us at Wembley. Seems an age since we dominated teams at home (apart from the odd game).

Its not so much they are rasing their game. More that we are crap. Everyone needs to look at the man in the mirror.

Theres a better atmosphere in River Plate with a huge bowl stadium like west ham. Fans make noise, stadiums do not.

We are in control of our destiny at our own ground. But our squad is poor and serverly imbalanced. Nothing to do with the opposition.

Yes - that plus we’re utter crap at the moment. Have been watching games from the past 5 years and we were absolutely phenomenal at times. It’s pretty depressing right now.

One other thing, I don’t know if it’s due to lost business to the stadium, but local drinking holes are, in my opinion, being a bit too welcoming to away fans. I know there were 9,000,000 Norwich fans on Wednesday but I don’t want to see them or talk to them before a match.

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- so we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts

Not all old cunts are dead from the neck down, plenty still stand, shout, sing and give it 100% certainly the entire SCS do and that goes from old cunts to young bloods ... the problem is the entitled cunts who demand we score after 5 minutes, spend the entire game moaning when we don't, are to important to make fools of themselves but still complain about lack of atmosphere, you know the sort, the ones who can't wait to jump on a website to slag of players, manager, owners, club ...

Our support has grown massively (you are 100% wrong about that) but all that growth is in foreign fans who get their fix from the TV with the odd 'pilgrimage' to WHL, believe me at 5:30am Thursday after watching through the small hours the Thai fan club had real tears when we lost, they do care ...

It's the prawn-sandwich brigade of entitled woke wankers that are ruining the enjoyment, but I'm afraid that's what money does to a lot of people ...

Don't give up, otherwise the whinging cunts win ... which sadly now happens far to often

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

Hang fire for a few months and Coronavirus may do the culling for you.

I have always favoured the shelf and go high up in the East stand nearest to the South stand. The support in the South stand was good Wednesday and if the club want to make it better they need to stop concessions in that area. That way those with kids or the over 65's will move. People will moan but pricing them out into other areas is the only answer.

Was you one of those prats that threw beer around in the concourse at away games ?
I nearly laid into the idiots at newcastle one year, had to be dragged away.

You make some good points.

Apart from the last one. Ageist prick. My replacement hip and angina don’t stop me sucking on a werthers original while watching spurs.

Anyway I digress.

Took my boy and nephew Wednesday and I said exactly that. Years ago full of teenagers out having a laugh. Took a photo. Bald heads and grey hair the most prevalent feature you can see.

Things will change over time.

A singing section is needed IMO. Come for the party and to make some noise or fuck off.
Was immense when I went to PSV while working in Holland. But the Dutch do know how to have fun I guess.

Back
Top Bottom