New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember Sheffield United away in the league cup? That was the last proper atmosphere the away fans have been part of I think. Even in Ajax, I was sitting in the home end next to the away fans, I thought we were a bit shit.
Christ some people on here think Southampton recently was good, yeah it was par, nothing more.

Generally away is better when winning, when your walking past a dog shit at Ipswich when 3-0 down it’s pretty hard to get the noise flowing.....

That Sheffield game was great, already 5 years ago. Where the hell does the time go ?

1) ENIC took over a club 15th richest and moved it to 8th ... the only time in decades we've been in the top ten ... what complete and utter bastards
2) 6th highest wage bill in the EPL ... possibly 5th this year ... but hey use a ratio that makes the club look worse right? we aim at between 45-55% watch it shoot up when the figures for last year are released.
3) Levy not even averaging in the top 5 highest paid CEO's during his twenty years in charge ... just once coming in second when he had a big bonus. Jealous much?

Any troll can pluck selective data ... go away look at the entire ENIC twenty years and then try those three topics again.

Why not? 160m was injected in the last two transfer windows, so just what inside info do you have about the next one?

Don't like it stay away until ENIC are gone, clearly slagging them off means more to you than supporting the club, to me that's very weird but you're not alone so maybe it's a new thing. Owners come and go why get so upset?

1) So what? None of that wealth is invested into the football club operations, just the infrastructure. In other words the kind of financial assest managment investment bankers do.

2) That ratio shows black on white, how little of our wealth we invest into the football. When factoring in that the customers, sorry, fans are charged the same or more as in clubs who invest far more than us, both in relative and absolute measure.

3) So we agree he came in 2nd then. Excellent. Top paid CEO for a club with vast operational underinvestment and underpaid players. Nail on head.

I suggest if you don't like it, you should abstain from slagging fellow fans. Perhaps you should be the one to "go away". I can suggest supporting perhaps Blackrock the hedgefund or perhaps, for a more urban feel, one of the business angel funds.

1) So what? None of that wealth is invested into the football club operations, just the infrastructure. In other words the kind of financial assest managment investment bankers do.

1) Feckin' idiot .... 900 million on a stadium is not football club operations? you utter feckwit ....
2) What ratio? ENIC expenditure on wages over twenty years compered to our EPL rivals? do you even know where we come out? or did you just guess?
3) Who came second in what? are you just making shit up now? You think Levy is the second highest paid CEO? over the last twenty years he's not even in the top five ... told you that already, can't you read?

You just make stuff up to support your hate ... all of which is then proven to be bollocks. Why do you do it?

If slagging off our club makes you happy as a fan then I'm genuinely sorry for you .... I guess some people just love wallowing in their own misery ....

I'm off to the pub where as always I'll be proud to be a Spurs fan ... how about you?

1) Feckin' idiot .... 900 million on a stadium is not football club operations? you utter feckwit ....
2) What ratio? ENIC expenditure on wages over twenty years compered to our EPL rivals? do you even know where we come out? or did you just guess?
3) Who came second in what? are you just making shit up now? You think Levy is the second highest paid CEO? over the last twenty years he's not even in the top five ... told you that already, can't you read?

You just make stuff up to support your hate ... all of which is then proven to be bollocks. Why do you do it?

If slagging off our club makes you happy as a fan then I'm genuinely sorry for you .... I guess some people just love wallowing in their own misery ....

I'm off to the pub where as always I'll be proud to be a Spurs fan ... how about you?

Is it possible for you to engage in any kind of discussion without the abuse? Child, begone.

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts
I disagree with your solution mate but as a +50yrs old myself I completly agree with the ageing demographic.

Just as fingers can be pointed at the bald a grey brigade, I'm in the latter group, I've been disappointed in the younger fans too reaching for their mobile phones every 60 seconds during a game, Lolling with their chavs mates sat in their stadium in west London or filming themselves being all spontaneous and genuinely excited and all that, then uploading it on youTube for the cash!

Loads can be singled out in both sections IMO.

I take that as a no then. Sighs.

Mate when someone you work with gets a bonus do you go on a website and post that he's stealing from your company? Surely you can't be that shallow ...

So why post "As I said - the owners are stealing from the club" about Spurs?

Unless you have evidence you're just being a loser making very obviously false allegations, why? Is your life so sad that when Spurs go through a bad patch your response is to accuse the owners of being criminals? why the feck would anyone do that?

Serious question - do you actually believe what you wrote?

This guy really could benefit from an anger management course

I disagree with your solution mate but as a +50yrs old myself I completly agree with the ageing demographic.

Just as fingers can be pointed at the bald a grey brigade, I'm in the latter group, I've been disappointed in the younger fans too reaching for their mobile phones every 60 seconds during a game, Lolling with their chavs mates sat in their stadium in west London or filming themselves being all spontaneous and genuinely excited and all that, then uploading it on youTube for the cash!

Loads can be singled out in both sections IMO.

Yep. I don't think you can make sweeping generalisations. There are good and bad old fans and good and bad young fans.

I made a suggestion earlier in the thread that they should consider making OAP/Concession only stands.

2) That ratio shows black on white, how little of our wealth we invest into the football. When factoring in that the customers, sorry, fans are charged the same or more as in clubs who invest far more than us, both in relative and absolute measure.

3) So we agree he came in 2nd then. Excellent. Top paid CEO for a club with vast operational underinvestment and underpaid players. Nail on head.

I suggest if you don't like it, you should abstain from slagging fellow fans. Perhaps you should be the one to "go away". I can suggest supporting perhaps Blackrock the hedgefund or perhaps, for a more urban feel, one of the business angel funds.

Try comparing the Spurs squad when enic bought a majority holding in Spurs with the squad today - or even better the squad after the next transfer window.

Then look at where we were in PL over the couple of seasons before and after enic took over. Often just avoiding relegation.

And what's our average position over say the last 5 years? about 4th?

The English expression is 'Chalk and cheese' - even with the gaps we have in the squad now.

Try comparing the Spurs squad when enic bought a majority holding in Spurs with the squad today - or even better the squad after the next transfer window.

Then look at where we were in PL over the couple of seasons before and after enic took over. Often just avoiding relegation.

And what's our average position over say the last 5 years? about 4th?

The English expression is 'Chalk and cheese' - even with the gaps we have in the squad now.

I think we have averaged 4th place over the last 10 years!

Still nothing near the teams we *claim* to want to compete with and still draining the club through a shocking under-reinvestment of FC operational revenue into football spending.

As I said - the owners are stealing from the club. No 2 ways about it.

Sorry, that's just rubbish.

If you haven't found them before - try reading the last 10 years of accounts - spot that no dividends have been paid.
Annual Reports | Tottenham Hotspur or even just looking at the summer and January transfer business where the club invested over £100m into the squad.

Under enic we have a sustainable football club - if you want one flooded with money try ManCity or Chelsea. Just remember to wash your mouth out when you read how their owners made their money from human rights abuses and stealing a country's resources from their fellow countrymen.

And sustainable usually mean not 'instant gratification' but people need to get their gratification over time - like the majority of clubs in PL.

Back
Top Bottom