New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do the three that voted against want, another Paddy Power?

Probably wanted to expropriate the land to add to the JV have with Harringey Council, which as I've commented before have made zero progress on High Road West in the last 6 years.

BTW, off topic, but Harringey Council admitted in a local paper that it had only built 32 homes in 32 years...…....

Maybe no wonder they are incapable of actually building anything these days, and why Spurs have done more to regenerate the area already (Brook House with 222 homes and a school etc).

Our support has been on the decline for ages now- I put it down to the ageing demographic, and the fact we’re a cluster support, so many cliques.

I used to go away and to Europe a lot, but just stopped enjoying it. far too many old gits not wanting the younguns ( I say young- I was fucking 28, but young for our lot) to enjoy. I remember when we were at city 6-0. Great concourse atmosphere, had a conga leading back into the ground, and all the old boys just looked at us like we were a piece of shit. Had many a chant ‘just coz we weren’t there in ‘81’. Been punched by our own fans a few times for literally enjoying myself. Quite the solidarity.

its fucking pathetic. So may wannabes still. Not even involved back in the day, but giving it the bigun.

we have some of the worst support out there. I’d actually not support spurs if I had a choice now. Much rather a day out with proper support who enjoy other fans company.

It’s a fucking joke. Living on past glories. Tanked up, fuck this fuck that. No way would they act like that in their city lives.

this is from a bloke who paid next to nothing for his season ticket late 90’s.Phoned up, got the ticket the same day. Where was the waiting list?

wehave some of the most anti social, selfish, ageing support that the mind could imagine. Want some atmosphere? GTFO you whinging cunts. If we could do ‘youth’ price tickets, things might change. But then again, the same blokes, that all look the fucking same, have been hogging that stage for so long- do we even have independent youth support anymore, that know how to create an atmosphere?

look back at photos of the 70’s - mid 80’s. mostly teens, early 20’s, having a laugh. The same wankers now who don’t want any newbies coming through.

fuck,get so annoyed just thinking about it. Must be plenty of decent fans out there who have experienced the same and just thought ‘fuck this’

cull the grandads. South stand should be 35 and under. THEN we might have an atmosphere. Cunts
I am 57, fuck - 58 in three weeks! I go to games with my son (16) his mate (15) and his dad (47). We stand behind the goal in the 'Park Lane' and we sing our fucking hearts out. Most of the time the people around us seem bemused. At the Olympiacos game a couple of blokes in front of us spent the whole game in conversation, hardly even watching - they were probably mid-thirties.

IMO the lack of atmosphere in the new place has little to do with the age of spectators; it's to do with the size of the stadium and the lack of a cadre of people in close proximity who want to sing together (there's usually a good atmosphere in the south stand bar before the game, but then I guess all those people disperse across the stand).

At the Norwich game just gone, I could hear chants being started all over the south stand, literally in competition with each other - so it's very rare one chant takes off in a coordinated fashion. In the old Park Lane, in the lower tier, it was all concentrated and made for a fantastic atmosphere. Maybe you remember the Europa League game against Fiorentina (2016) when the Park Lane - Shelf Side chant went on for five minutes? These days no one seems to know if they're standing in the Park Lane or where the Shelf Side starts!

Unfortunately, I think it can only get better if there is a coordinated 'singing section' - it's not gonna happen organically with ticket prices as they are and people not going as regularly to the same seats / place.

Anyway - I've had my say, it's time to change into my flannel jimjams and retire to bed with a nice cup of Horlicks (a malty, milky drink if you're too young to know what that is)!

I am 57, fuck - 58 in three weeks! I go to games with my son (16) his mate (15) and his dad (47). We stand behind the goal in the 'Park Lane' and we sing our fucking hearts out. Most of the time the people around us seem bemused. At the Olympiacos game a couple of blokes in front of us spent the whole game in conversation, hardly even watching - they were probably mid-thirties.

IMO the lack of atmosphere in the new place has little to do with the age of spectators; it's to do with the size of the stadium and the lack of a cadre of people in close proximity who want to sing together (there's usually a good atmosphere in the south stand bar before the game, but then I guess all those people disperse across the stand).

At the Norwich game just gone, I could hear chants being started all over the south stand, literally in competition with each other - so it's very rare one chant takes off in a coordinated fashion. In the old Park Lane, in the lower tier, it was all concentrated and made for a fantastic atmosphere. Maybe you remember the Europa League game against Fiorentina (2016) when the Park Lane - Shelf Side chant went on for five minutes? These days no one seems to know if they're standing in the Park Lane or where the Shelf Side starts!

Unfortunately, I think it can only get better if there is a coordinated 'singing section' - it's not gonna happen organically with ticket prices as they are and people not going as regularly to the same seats / place.

Anyway - I've had my say, it's time to change into my flannel jimjams and retire to bed with a nice cup of Horlicks (a malty, milky drink if you're too young to know what that is)!

Fair play to your gang for making noise.
Imo too many of our fans do not sing and it pisses me off. Its the only way we can help influence the performance on the pitch.
Many say thats down to the change in demographics but I know season ticket holding friends, who are from working class backgrounds, who have gone to game for over 30 years and yet they mostly sit in silence through games, save for groaning or complaining. Sadly its engrained and typically its only a matter of time before away fans notice the quiet periods and start taking the mick.
I dont care whats your age or nationality, if you are positive & loud then you are very welcome.

In Haringey, a vote of 5-3 (and two abstentions) saw the committee approve Tottenham Hotspur FC’s application for 330 homes (32% affordable) on High Road. Members raised concerns about height and impact on the conservation area.

Morning, I know fuck all about construction but can any one give me a rough idea of when these projects will be finished? Will the Love Lane development go ahead?

Totally agree.

Will love lane get a blue plaque?
It's where the fella who invented the numbered sock tags that Leeds wore in the 70s lived.He thought it would be a good cheap thing for players to give to fans at the end of games. As a spurs fan he tried to get us interested,but we weren't. He contacted Leeds and Don Revie loved the idea. Or so the story goes.
Useless bit of info for you ,for this coronavirus ruined weekend.

Will love lane get a blue plaque?
It's where the fella who invented the numbered sock tags that Leeds wore in the 70s lived.He thought it would be a good cheap thing for players to give to fans at the end of games. As a spurs fan he tried to get us interested,but we weren't. He contacted Leeds and Don Revie loved the idea.

*Spots obvious drawback

330 flats might take 18-36 months, depends how easy it is to demolish what's already there.

B& M have a lease on the building running for another 18 months, which is why Haringey have given a 5 year limit for work to start usually its only 3 years) but there are other buildings on the site which I understand want to knock down asap simply so they don't get misused in the next couple of years (eg like the warehouse on the stadium site that was repurposed as a cannabis farm).

The Goods Yard site was being used as a site to store building materials whilst the stadium was being built, so probably little to knock down on that site. So just a question of when the project is started - but coronavirus may have put paid to anything starting until later 2020 or even 2021.

But once building starts agree with your assessment of circa 2 - 3 years to complete.

Brook House took about 2 years to complete I think.

Last edited:
Morning, I know fuck all about construction but can any one give me a rough idea of when these projects will be finished? Will the Love Lane development go ahead?

Love Lane is in part of the High Road West development area which Haringey Council and its partner Lendlease are supposed to have been developing for at least 6 years - Brook House was completed by Spurs in 2015 with 100% affordable housing (222 flats and school) solely for the Love Lane residents, and most of those residents moved in to Brook House in 2015.

However Haringey then stopped progressing High Road West towards Planning and re-purposed Love Lane as temporary housing. I understand they will survey the (new) Love Lane tenants and move towards getting planning - but given snail like progress over the last 6 years, its anyone's guess as to when they start building High Road West and any new Love Lane flats. My guess would be at least 2 years away before they start building - but that might be wildly optimistic.

I do know Haringey have 'an option' over some (maybe 50-100) of the flats Spurs are building - whether they will be used for current Love Lane tenants may come down to timing (whether Spurs build their flats when Haringey want to move the current Love Lane tenants out.)

I think the season is over however, is Levy contemplating something similiar?

Manchester United are ready to reimburse season ticket holders if the rest of the campaign is cancelled or played behind closed doors – at a cost of up to £6million.

I think the season is over however, is Levy contemplating something similiar?

Manchester United are ready to reimburse season ticket holders if the rest of the campaign is cancelled or played behind closed doors – at a cost of up to £6million.

I don't think he will have any choice. All clubs will have to refund ST holders if they are not allowed to attend one or more matches due to either cancellation or being played behind closed doors. It's just a matter of when, not if it happens.

Lighting up the stadium blue tonight in honour of the NHS at times you can’t second guess Danny boy but hey well done.......
BFC6-B9-C2-7-BCA-46-E9-8031-C1-C796339134.gif

I don't think he will have any choice. All clubs will have to refund ST holders if they are not allowed to attend one or more matches due to either cancellation or being played behind closed doors. It's just a matter of when, not if it happens.

He will have worked out that participation in next years CL is worth it,,,?

Back
Top Bottom