New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iu

Just looking for my mate

This site is currently owned by Fairgate Tottenahm Ltd, Matthew Collecott and Daniel Levy being the Directors. It is completely normal for companies to hold property in various different holding / development companies, and indeed purchase them in SPVs (Special Purchase Vehicles). I am intrigued to see how the income / benefit of this, and similar schemes will directly affect the team / football side of the club.

With FFP, you would hope that things like this will be another string to our bow!

Great to see sustained investment in the area.

I think it’s just to help boost the regeneration of the area. I know there is a lot of hate and scepticism on this board of ENIC but I definitely think they are trying their hardest to improve the local area and feel a responsibility to do so. Shame the council aren’t as willing to invest their time and money in it as the club are.

I think it’s just to help boost the regeneration of the area. I know there is a lot of hate and scepticism on this board of ENIC but I definitely think they are trying their hardest to improve the local area and feel a responsibility to do so. Shame the council aren’t as willing to invest their time and money in it as the club are.
Not ENIC's biggest fan(nor their biggest critic) ,but have to agree here.They have embarrassed Haringey council with what they have put into the area.
Spurs have built more social housing in about 5 years than Haringey did in 30.
A shit council.

Not ENIC's biggest fan(nor their biggest critic) ,but have to agree here.They have embarrassed Haringey council with what they have put into the area.
Spurs have built more social housing in about 5 years than Haringey did in 30.
A shit council.

Absolutely, i've got no ties or loyalty to Enic but i live in Haringey and the council has been fucking useless for as long as i can remember. It's one of the worst run boroughs in the capital.

The club has shamed the council with what it's done for the N17 area.

It's in their interests. If the area is a shit tip then it'll put off prospective buyers of the club, along with making the prospect of people using the corporate facilities for events a more attractive proposition

I'm hoping to do the Skywalk in September, but I'll be there over a weekend, so need to see if there's a clash with home fixtures first, as it'll obviously get cancelled if there is.

Will need to do it early in the day too as I see they breathalyse you before you go up

I am N11 right next to Bounds green tube(and about 60 yards from the start of Enfield)
Not the worst area to live, but its still Haringey...
We live just a 10 minute walk or so from the ground...and it's actually quite nice. Just wish the council would buck their ideas up sometimes.
Nostalgic memories of N11 - as that's where we found out my wife's pregnancy was confirmed...the surgery at the bottom of Brownlow Road. Is it still there?

We live just a 10 minute walk or so from the ground...and it's actually quite nice. Just wish the council would buck their ideas up sometimes.
Nostalgic memories of N11 - as that's where we found out my wife's pregnancy was confirmed...the surgery at the bottom of Brownlow Road. Is it still there?
If you mean actually on Brownlow rd,then no. I don't think so,anyway.Cant place it.

Yep.I'm in Haringey as well.I know exactly what they are like.

The worst bit of news I heard about the council in the last 12 months was them turning down a new development with a youth recreation space/area because they didn’t want to partner up with a developer (who were taking all the risk) just because it was a political decision. The council have had all the good labour councillors replaced by hard left (Momentum pushes) people who ideologically don’t want to pursue these deals despite what benefits they might bring. I think it was Claire Kober the most high profile councillor who resigned over it.

There is a council led/Lendlease developmwnt due to take place that was signed before they got in. But it’s yet to start and you have to think it’s the council dragging their feet purposely. Hopefully Starmer getting in might help but it will take a while for them to change. Of course the Mayor could help but he too seems to not be bothered, hence Levy having to use the Standard a couple of years ago to explore him for help.

I do t live in Tottenham, but my family are. so I’ve been going to the area all my life. Sure I support the club, but I have a strong will for the area to be a better place too.

Back
Top Bottom