New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At long last, the day of our Skywalk came round. At the beginning of the week, I was struggling with a thigh strain and was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the ascent as stairs were a real problem. I booked up a couple of sessions with my chiropractor and thank goodness, he worked wonders.
Reading through the instructions I got a bit worried with the maximum waist and measurements, as they were in cms - no idea, still think in inches! No worries - loads of cms to spare :).
Anyway, Friday morning turned out to be lovely and sunny, and I made my way to WHL station for the first time in seven months. I got there really early and spent a small fortune in the shop (as one does!), before going to the 'M' cafe for a quick sausage roll (so yummy, forgotten how good they were) and cuppa and to meet my friends.
We checked in and got our kit - gilet, harness, gloves and the ugliest shoes you've ever seen. We were in a group of 10, one guy was from Nottingham, not a Spurs supporter, but prefers us to anyone else in PL, so that was OK.
I'm not going to say too much, as don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to do it, but it really is one of the best things you can experience. The attention to detail when building the stadium still has the power to amaze me. It really isn't as scary as you would think, you are so securely tethered that you are going nowhere. Being so close to that golden symbol of our Club 154ft above the South Stand just takes your breath away.
M_THDSW-J4EC9-CCDED~002.jpg

Whilst we were on the roof, they were training to make the roof accessible to wheelchair users, they won't be able to walk out on the ledge surrounding the Cockerel though. They were also testing out the abseiling equipment, I'm definitely up for that, might do it for charity as I've never abseiled before.
I'm just waiting for them to install a zip wire - how cool to go from the Cockerel to the Paxton in 10 seconds.
Please don't be put off doing this if you have a fear of heights, you are really as safe as houses, just don't look down, just look across. The only thing that would put me off is if the weather is bad. We were so lucky that although it clouded over when we were up there, the wind started to pick up (I was prepared as I lacquered my hair with a can of hairspray!) and it just started spitting when we went back down. I felt sorry for the photographer stuck out there for five hours.
We then sojourned to the Coach & Horses for a well earned vodka or two, the heavens opened and it chucked it down - we were so, so lucky. It was just lovely to discuss everything Tottenham face-to-face rather than via WhatsApp, a touch of normality at this weird time in our lives.
What it did do was make me yearn for the place to be opened up again, can't come soon enough for me.
:coys:
Amazing. I'm looking to do it with the Mrs next year.

Great read.

Spurs contribution to redevelopment of Tottenham :
Already Built
  • Berland Court (formerly Kingdom Hall) - already built, 100% housing
  • Brook House (formerly Cannon Road) - already built, housing (100% affordable I think) plus school, public areas etc
  • 500 White Hart lane - already built, 100% housing, including 40% affordable housing - some units sold to Haringey
Planning Permission Obtained
  • The Goods Yard - housing (including affordable) plus public realm etc
  • B & M site - As the Goods Yard
  • Northumberland Terrace Area (798-808 Hogh Road) - Mainly commercial plus public realm
Outline Planning permission obtained
  • 600 odd flats and hotel adjacant to south podeum of stadium
Planning Permission still being Negotiated
  • 807 High Road
Quite a lot to keep Danny occupied for a few years - even though most of these developments will probably be JV'd with construction companies or housing associations (as were Berland Court and Brook House with Newlon Housing Association and 500 White Hart Lane with Fairview), a few more JV's to be negotiated.

Nice load of property there to sell off when developed if the club need a bit of cash too. Unless Enic pocket that for themselves of course.

(I’ve no idea how that would sit within FFP though, not that that matters anymore).

At long last, the day of our Skywalk came round. At the beginning of the week, I was struggling with a thigh strain and was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the ascent as stairs were a real problem. I booked up a couple of sessions with my chiropractor and thank goodness, he worked wonders.
Reading through the instructions I got a bit worried with the maximum waist and measurements, as they were in cms - no idea, still think in inches! No worries - loads of cms to spare :).
Anyway, Friday morning turned out to be lovely and sunny, and I made my way to WHL station for the first time in seven months. I got there really early and spent a small fortune in the shop (as one does!), before going to the 'M' cafe for a quick sausage roll (so yummy, forgotten how good they were) and cuppa and to meet my friends.
We checked in and got our kit - gilet, harness, gloves and the ugliest shoes you've ever seen. We were in a group of 10, one guy was from Nottingham, not a Spurs supporter, but prefers us to anyone else in PL, so that was OK.
I'm not going to say too much, as don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to do it, but it really is one of the best things you can experience. The attention to detail when building the stadium still has the power to amaze me. It really isn't as scary as you would think, you are so securely tethered that you are going nowhere. Being so close to that golden symbol of our Club 154ft above the South Stand just takes your breath away.
M_THDSW-J4EC9-CCDED~002.jpg

Whilst we were on the roof, they were training to make the roof accessible to wheelchair users, they won't be able to walk out on the ledge surrounding the Cockerel though. They were also testing out the abseiling equipment, I'm definitely up for that, might do it for charity as I've never abseiled before.
I'm just waiting for them to install a zip wire - how cool to go from the Cockerel to the Paxton in 10 seconds.
Please don't be put off doing this if you have a fear of heights, you are really as safe as houses, just don't look down, just look across. The only thing that would put me off is if the weather is bad. We were so lucky that although it clouded over when we were up there, the wind started to pick up (I was prepared as I lacquered my hair with a can of hairspray!) and it just started spitting when we went back down. I felt sorry for the photographer stuck out there for five hours.
We then sojourned to the Coach & Horses for a well earned vodka or two, the heavens opened and it chucked it down - we were so, so lucky. It was just lovely to discuss everything Tottenham face-to-face rather than via WhatsApp, a touch of normality at this weird time in our lives.
What it did do was make me yearn for the place to be opened up again, can't come soon enough for me.
:coys:
That's great, knew you'd love it!
Went past on the train on Saturday morning and saw some more climbing up/down the outside of the stadium like ants.
And yes, it really gets you up there us not being allowed in 😢!

Last edited:
Nice load of property there to sell off when developed if the club need a bit of cash too. Unless Enic pocket that for themselves of course.

(I’ve no idea how that would sit within FFP though, not that that matters anymore).
There's still a largish plot behind the South Stand that is undeveloped, guessing that's where the hotel is going to be?

Back
Top Bottom