New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha.

Didn't spend a thing, was going to though.
I bought a jumper there to keep me warm before a match when it was cold and rainy. Thought the new mega store looked really nice, and staff were friendly and effective. I discovered later that the jumper was made of plastic though which didn't breathe (Smells really bad after you'd were it as well). Real disappointment that they can't sell quality products when you first want to support the club.

I bought a jumper there to keep me warm before a match when it was cold and rainy. Thought the new mega store looked really nice, and staff were friendly and effective. I discovered later that the jumper was made of plastic though which didn't breathe (Smells really bad after you'd were it as well). Real disappointment that they can't sell quality products when you first want to support the club.
I've often wondered why it was called a jumper. Imagine my disappointment to find out its just because the English suck at French.

:mourfacepalm:

Plastic jumper???

What the hell did you buy????

Plastic jumper???

What the hell did you buy????
02_MK05AW19-00002.jpg

Apparently it's called "vegan wool"

Im guessing you’d had a few drinks before buying this item of clothing!!
I've been running to catch the train to London, after I got sorted the tickets last minute. Walking up High Street from Seven Sisters it startet to pour down and all I was wearing was a light jacket. So when I arrived I went straight to the Spurs Megastore to find the warmest thing they had. I realised I smelled pongy and was sticky wet on the inside when I got back home, so the jumper went straight up on auction. Actually got 20 quid for it, so it wasn't a total waste. Feel bad for the poor sod who bought it though.

Planning permission granted for Spurs redevelopment of Northumberland terrace area next to stadium.

Proposal – Planning Permission: Full planning application for the erection of a four storey building with flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; external alterations to 798-808 High Road; change of use of 798-808 High Road to a flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 uses; demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806, 808 and 814 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; hard and soft landscaping works; and associated works.
Proposal – Listed Building Consent: Listed building consent for internal and external alterations to 798-808 High Road, including the demolition of rear extensions Nos. 798, 800-802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800- 802, 804-806 and 808 High Road; and associated works.

Key Reasons for Planning Permission being Granted

- The proposed development with its proposed mixture of high-quality refurbished and new floorspace and flexible range of uses would establish a ‘cultural quarter’ (with a new live performance space and music recording studio at its heart), accords with Site Allocation NT7 in the Tottenham Area Planning Sub-Committee Report Action Plan and would help make the site vibrant and active at times when the THFC stadium is not in use;
- The ‘cultural quarter’ would provide between 30 and 285 net Full Time Equivalent (FTE) long-term jobs based on the possible range of proposed uses, as well as 174 FTE construction jobs, and is estimated would provide between £70,000 and £660,000 net additional local spending per year;
- The resultant minor loss of residential accommodation is acceptable given the substantial increase in expected housing within the Site Allocation and from the applicant’s separate proposals for No.807 High Road and the significant benefits that would come from the proposed uses;
- The proposed loss of retail space from the North Tottenham Local Centre accords with Local Plan Policy DM43 and the proposed uses within and adjacent to the Local Centre should improve its vitality and viability;
- The proposed new Linear Building and landscaped space would be highquality additions to the townscape, creating a more accessible and inclusive environment and providing a new positive frontage to Northumberland Park and publicly accessible space (during the day), which would improve community safety (with the site currently experiencing high levels of antisocial behaviour);
- The proposed refurbishment, alteration and extension of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road would facilitate the long-term use of these heritage assets, without harming their special architectural or historic interest or the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- The proposed demolition of the building at the rear of No.814 and the proposed Linear Building and landscaped courtyard would enhance the setting of Nos. 798 to 808 High Road and preserve and enhance the character and appearance of the North Tottenham Conservation Area;
- Subject to detailed noise mitigation and management measures, the proposed cultural uses should not cause unacceptable harm to residential amenity; and
- The development would be ‘car free’, provide good cycle parking and facilities to encourage cycling, incorporate on-site renewable energy technologies and be designed to link with the proposed North Tottenham District Energy Network too help reduce carbon emissions.

Summary of Development
The proposed scheme comprises three elements, as follows:
- Erection of a new part-three and part-four storey multi-use ‘Linear Building’ along the eastern edge of the site, backing on to Lillywhite House, and fronting a proposed new courtyard space and Northumberland Park;
- Heritage-led restoration, internal alterations and extension to Nos. 798-808 High Road, to facilitate their reuse for a range of uses, the demolition of several modern rear extensions and a separate building at the rear of No. 814 and their replacement with new extensions and the ‘Linear Building;’ and
- Creation of a new high-quality semi-public courtyard between the ‘Linear Building’ and the High Road buildings. (approx. 1,445sqm)

Building Number / Proposed Use by Planning Class /Proposed floospace (SqM)
No. 798 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 35 sqm
No. 800 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/ offices 606 sqm
No. 802 B1/D1 Offices, recording studio 262.5 sqm
Nos. 804-806 A3, B1, D1, D2 Café/bar, offices, performance space 920 sqm
No. 808 B1/D1 Gallery, creative workspace/offices 311.5 sqm
Linear Building A1/A2/A3/B1/D1 Retail, café, gallery, creative workspace/ offices 2,953 sqm
All buildings - total 5,288 sq metres

Incidentally Spurs apparently in talks with Universal Music Group Our Labels & Brands - UMG , one of world's biggest music producers, to become an anchor tenant in the Cultural Centre.

Incidentally Spurs apparently in talks with Universal Music Group Our Labels & Brands - UMG , one of world's biggest music producers, to become an anchor tenant in the Cultural Centre.
Cultural centre?!
Is that a gig venue to us proles?

Levy is actually a genius.

The stadium has just been featured in the new series of Strictly Come Dancing. Jason Bell is one of the dancers, he's an American footballer apparently and our stadium is the London home of the NFL, again apparently!

Does anyone know what our win percentage at the New Stadium is? It can’t be great.
5 league games there in 2018/19, we went P5 W 3 D1 L1 - 66.67% points accumulated.

Last season we went P19 W12 D3 L4 - 68.4% points accumulated.

This season we’re P3 W0 D2 L1 - 22.2% points accumulated

Getting progressively worse there.

807 High Road (described below ) was recommended by the Haringey Council planning team to be accepted.

Proposal: Full planning application for the demolition of existing buildings and the erection of a replacement building up to four storeys to include residential (C3); retail (A1); and flexible D1/B1 uses; hard and soft landscaping works including a residential podium; and associated works. In pursuance of their powers under the above Act, the London Borough of Haringey as Local Planning Authority hereby REFUSE the above development in accordance with the application dated 11/06/2020.

However the Planning Meeting voted to decline it on the following grounds :

The application shown above has been refused for the following reason:
The proposed development, by way of its access arrangements for future residents; in particular wheelchair users, and its refuse collection arrangements, would fail to provide a high quality, safe and accessible environment for future occupiers, nor provide for accessible and appropriate waste and recycling collection. This would result in an unacceptable quality of housing and an unacceptable detrimental effect on the amenities of the area and be contrary to policy SP2 of the Haringey Strategic Policies (March 2013) and policies DM1, DM2, DM4 and DM33 of the Haringey Development Management DPD (July 2017) and policy 7.2 of the London Plan (March 2016).

You would have thought the Haringey Planning team would have considered these issues before recommending the plan to be accepted - or decided that the improvements proposed would improve the High Road sufficiently to make compromises if compromise was needed, which is actually a major step forward.

Looks as if someone pissed on the planning committee's cornflakes or something ?

"The proposed development, by way of its access arrangements for future residents; in particular wheelchair users, and its refuse collection arrangements, would fail to provide a high quality, safe and accessible environment for future occupiers, nor provide for accessible and appropriate waste and recycling collection. This would result in an unacceptable quality of housing and an unacceptable detrimental effect on the amenities of the area and be contrary to policy SP2 of the Haringey Strategic Policies (March 2013) and policies DM1, DM2, DM4 and DM33 of the Haringey Development Management DPD (July 2017) and policy 7.2 of the London Plan (March 2016)."

Back
Top Bottom