New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s rested on its skywalk and longest bar in Europe for too long

About time it banged a couple of balls into the net this afternoon

I think its more a bet that crypo.com will or will not be around to pay up for the full 20 years that the deal has to run - and to that extent it could be just good PR by Crypto.com to say 'look we will be around for ever - we've just signed a 20 year deal'

There are now several companies coming out of Covid with buckets of cash - Crypto being just one - online retailers are all looking for higher profile as well - maybe a deal will come as the world once again starts to spend.

I'm pretty certain you can only buy if off their website (which I have done). They need to get it in the pubs though, it is a great lager.
Was drinking it in the corner pin before the game yesterday, you're right it's a good beer.

Decent size garden out the back of the Pin/Beavertown, the staff are friendly too. Don't think I'll bother with the coach if I'm early for a game amymore.

Was drinking it in the corner pin before the game yesterday, you're right it's a good beer.

Decent size garden out the back of the Pin/Beavertown, the staff are friendly too. Don't think I'll bother with the coach if I'm early for a game amymore.

I’m still yet to go in. Might try before the Brentford game for a change now I know they do that beer.

From the Trust. May be of interest...

Property Working Group update
Trust members will recall our request in June for those with expertise in Planning and Project Management to contact us. During July eight of you did so and as a result we set up a working group of the three Trust Board members (Kevin Fitzgerald, Pete Haine and Rob White) with responsibilities for local business and community matters, subsequently joined by Michael Green, the Trust Board member leading on the Club’s finances.

The working group contacted the eight volunteers and received a number of insightful observations, which have informed our work to date.

To update you on the planning issues first. The main focus of our interest here has been on the planning applications to Haringey Council for the development of the Goods Yard, Print Works and Depot sites along and behind Tottenham High Road, to the north west of the stadium. The planning applications referred to demolition and clearance of existing structures and redevelopment for residential-led, mixed use development. The Club has existing planning permission, granted in 2016, and this application was seeking approval for increasing the number of units delivered.

We have recently learned that the planning applications have been turned down by Haringey Council despite a recommendation to approve by planning officers. We understand that the scheme will now be referred to the Mayor of London, which is when Haringey Council will set out formal reasons for its refusal. Press reports indicate that the reasons centered on the height and density of the buildings and the negative effects on heritage, plus the visual impact. We await the official reasons and the Club’s next steps.

An investigation in July of the many local approved planning developments, together with future plans, led the working group on to a range of financial issues and related matters regarding Tottenham Hotspur and ENIC company structures. As an important point of context here we should reference Michael Green’s work on the ownership and corporate structure of Tottenham Hotspur and the relationship with ENIC companies. This is available as part of our written submission to the Government’s Fan Led Review into Football Governance.

This investigation has led to us examining the various property dealings of both Tottenham’s property arm, Tottenham Hotspur Property Co. Limited (THPCL) and related parties that are owned by the ENIC group outside of the Tottenham Hotspur structure. Our aim is to obtain reassurances that commercial relationships between the two groups are, to use accounting-speak, undertaken on an arms-length basis and at full market value. Or, in other words, that there is no leakage of resources from Tottenham Hotspur to the benefit of ENIC companies.

This is not straightforward due to the number of relevant small land parcels in the Tottenham area that are owned by several subsidiaries of both THPCL and ENIC. To the extent that information is publicly available, it is held in a number of sources (e.g. Companies House, the Haringey planning portal and Land Registry).

Further updates will be provided as our work progresses.

From the Trust. May be of interest...

Property Working Group update
Trust members will recall our request in June for those with expertise in Planning and Project Management to contact us. During July eight of you did so and as a result we set up a working group of the three Trust Board members (Kevin Fitzgerald, Pete Haine and Rob White) with responsibilities for local business and community matters, subsequently joined by Michael Green, the Trust Board member leading on the Club’s finances.

The working group contacted the eight volunteers and received a number of insightful observations, which have informed our work to date.

To update you on the planning issues first. The main focus of our interest here has been on the planning applications to Haringey Council for the development of the Goods Yard, Print Works and Depot sites along and behind Tottenham High Road, to the north west of the stadium. The planning applications referred to demolition and clearance of existing structures and redevelopment for residential-led, mixed use development. The Club has existing planning permission, granted in 2016, and this application was seeking approval for increasing the number of units delivered.

We have recently learned that the planning applications have been turned down by Haringey Council despite a recommendation to approve by planning officers. We understand that the scheme will now be referred to the Mayor of London, which is when Haringey Council will set out formal reasons for its refusal. Press reports indicate that the reasons centered on the height and density of the buildings and the negative effects on heritage, plus the visual impact. We await the official reasons and the Club’s next steps.

An investigation in July of the many local approved planning developments, together with future plans, led the working group on to a range of financial issues and related matters regarding Tottenham Hotspur and ENIC company structures. As an important point of context here we should reference Michael Green’s work on the ownership and corporate structure of Tottenham Hotspur and the relationship with ENIC companies. This is available as part of our written submission to the Government’s Fan Led Review into Football Governance.

This investigation has led to us examining the various property dealings of both Tottenham’s property arm, Tottenham Hotspur Property Co. Limited (THPCL) and related parties that are owned by the ENIC group outside of the Tottenham Hotspur structure. Our aim is to obtain reassurances that commercial relationships between the two groups are, to use accounting-speak, undertaken on an arms-length basis and at full market value. Or, in other words, that there is no leakage of resources from Tottenham Hotspur to the benefit of ENIC companies.

This is not straightforward due to the number of relevant small land parcels in the Tottenham area that are owned by several subsidiaries of both THPCL and ENIC. To the extent that information is publicly available, it is held in a number of sources (e.g. Companies House, the Haringey planning portal and Land Registry).

Further updates will be provided as our work progresses.
This is going to really rile the club…. Good work tho

What negative effects on heritage are they on about? I doubt anything built will look any worse than what's there already. It sounds like the usual numbskulls from Haringey Council wanting to preserve their little corner of the world just the way they like it.

Question on the stadium: has anyone ever had a consistent experience with the ticket gates registering your phone on the top NFC reader?

First match of the season v Man City the gate opened up. Ever since then though I've had to resort to the barcode, to the point now where I've stopped even trying to use the NFC thing.

I'm wondering if it's just my phone struggling, or if this is general issue. Or maybe iPhones and Android users have different experiences.

I'm just genuinely curious.

Question on the stadium: has anyone ever had a consistent experience with the ticket gates registering your phone on the top NFC reader?

First match of the season v Man City the gate opened up. Ever since then though I've had to resort to the barcode, to the point now where I've stopped even trying to use the NFC thing.

I'm wondering if it's just my phone struggling, or if this is general issue. Or maybe iPhones and Android users have different experiences.

Everytime bar the City game I've had problems with mine. This week it would only work if I turned my phone 90 degrees in the reader.
:contehandshead:

Had an issue with NFC at last season's Villa game, have used the QR code ever since.

Didn't work for me,but might mate breezed through on sunday.He has an Apple phone,i have android.

Went to shop Saturday as well(new spurs mask and snoody!!!).And i have to say,i have got through security at stansted Airport en route to Belfast at the height of the troubles quicker than i got in there to buy the above,plus some snazzy socks.

Back
Top Bottom