New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you. Was hoping that would be the case. I hope we do the same.

Haha I’m hoping we will win both . Part make up for the disgusting shambles of a season we have had.

Fingers crossed see you next season 🤞🏻

Any chance you can sack that fat cunt of a manger now you're safe?

That would be SO much banter!

Levy won't be happy!!:levywtf:

2023 Heineken Champions Cup final switched from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to Dublin's Aviva Stadium​

Dublin will now stage the showpiece events of the Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup next year on May 19 and May 20 respectively.

Tournament organisers have acted due to complications caused by the Premier League finishing later than usual because of the 2022 football World Cup, as well as the 2023 Rugby World Cup altering the sport's European calendar.

Loss of earnings lawsuits incoming. :levystare:

Not sure why there is a cross party parliamentary committee, .......... but there is one.

Two games at Spurs stadium in October :

NFL International Series: There will be three games in London in 2022: Minnesota at New Orleans on October 2 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, New York Giants at Green Bay on October 9 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and Denver at Jacksonville on October 30 at Wembley Stadium. The league will also stage a game in Germany for the first time: Seattle at Tampa Bay at Munich's Allianz Arena on November 13. All four games are scheduled for 9:30 a.m. ET kickoffs.[53] The International Series will also return to Mexico on November 21, with San Francisco facing Arizona at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City for Monday Night Football.[54]

Levy won't be happy!!:levywtf:

2023 Heineken Champions Cup final switched from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to Dublin's Aviva Stadium​

Dublin will now stage the showpiece events of the Heineken Champions Cup and Challenge Cup next year on May 19 and May 20 respectively.

Tournament organisers have acted due to complications caused by the Premier League finishing later than usual because of the 2022 football World Cup, as well as the 2023 Rugby World Cup altering the sport's European calendar.
Is the pitch long enough for a decent rugby union in goal area? I remember seeing a Wasps match at QPR 20 odd years ago and it seemed VERY shallow. Maybe the length of the possible pitch area at WHL because of the massive stands means it's OK.

If it's good at WHL for Union I'd defo be up for a match there. Shame about the above.

Is the pitch long enough for a decent rugby union in goal area? I remember seeing a Wasps match at QPR 20 odd years ago and it seemed VERY shallow. Maybe the length of the possible pitch area at WHL because of the massive stands means it's OK.

If it's good at WHL for Union I'd defo be up for a match there. Shame about the above.
Should be able to fit it in, the length of the football pitch at the new ground is 105m. But the rugby will most probably be played on the astro pitch underneath that (Saracens play on an astro pitch at copthall). The length of a rugby union pitch is 100m with a minimum of 3m total of in goal area. Some extra space should be gained from losing the run off areas behind the goals and the slope away from the pitch.

Already been one.

Rugby League 1895 Cup & Challenge Cup final today at the Stadium

Probably good for £1m+ gross revenue to the coffers from getting a rental plus food and drink possibly plus some merchandising/shop sales....... from getting 2 matches following on from each other on same day......

National anthem sung up by the golden cockerel - not many stadia can stage that!
Meme Reaction GIF

Which pitch is it being played on?

I think logistics must play a part, can imagine the massive ballache to change the pitch around isn’t worth it. Just paint new lines. Job done.

It also changes the sight lines and where the teams are.
If you think NFL teams either side of the pitch and the dugout area is above the pitch. Also think the NFL pitch is nowhere near as wide.

I imagine they will be relaying the pitch over the summer anyway.

I'm sure someone has made this point already re. naming rights - but is it worth the club keeping it as the Tottenham Hotspur stadium? Must boost the profile/brand of the club getting name dropped to millions of people who watch big fights, NFL etc.c

Yes - its a trade off as to which enhances Spurs image worldwide with 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium being named on tv for NFL, other sports such as boxing and concerts versus getting a naming rights deal with £'s paid every year (lets say £25m pa).

So I'm sure Levy made that calculation when turning down some offers (pre covid) which he thought didn't value the deal highly enough.

I think there is a magic minimum number when Levy says 'Thanks I'll take that £x million pa for y years' but no idea what that is. But the more events each year there are at the stadium plus CL the higher sponsors will be likely to bid.

Back
Top Bottom