New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good. Too many grumblers and tutters, mandatory standing should see them off and improve the atmosphere

Bring in concessions for 18-30’s too
Statler And Waldorf Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Good. Too many grumblers and tutters, mandatory standing should see them off and improve the atmosphere

Bring in concessions for 18-30’s too
and too many selfish people. want to stand, go to the standing area. some people dont need to in order to create an atmosphere and watch a game of football

Wtf has happened today

sure it was things that had nothing to do with the venue and more the technical set up by the company actually running the event.

out of interest anyone know what was the attendance level was. Having a debate with a Gooner. Their shitty stadium hosted the killers. attendance was 65k narrowly more then the seated capacity so must have been shit. please tell me ours had a bigger attendance :levyeyes:

Noticed over the course of last season that the stewards rarely told anyone to sit down in the back of 524 (where i mostly get tickets). The last 3/4 games it was pretty much everyone from row 20 right to the back that was standing.
i cant see an issue with the whole stadium being rail seats, on a personal level, obviously its not everyones cup of tea. less mobile oldies and young kids might suffer. It will come down to keeping everyone happy.
It will be interesting to find out what the final % of seats will end up as rails.

Really emphasise how much bigger space the new stadium occupies

I always felt that the compact nature of (old) white heart lane was a kind of double-edged sword. The pitch at was 100 × 67 metres (or 6,700 square meters), one of the smallest in the Premier League.

It meant we were used to the much smaller playing field which threw a number of teams off balance who weren't used to it. On the other hand I think it probably impacted our performances at the bigger grounds.

I always felt that the compact nature of (old) white heart lane was a kind of double-edged sword. The pitch at was 100 × 67 metres (or 6,700 square meters), one of the smallest in the Premier League.

It meant we were used to the much smaller playing field which threw a number of teams off balance who weren't used to it. On the other hand I think it probably impacted our performances at the bigger grounds.

New PL pitches are a standard size which is a little larger than the old WHL pitch - same size as Wembley - and I think players easily adapted without performance being affected.

The real change I think is not the pitch but size of stadium and what's inside it. What's really trelling is just how little space Spurs had to work with, particularly in the width where I fell the 'corridors' could be a metre or two wider ideally ..... but there's just not the space to allow it. Amazing compromise throughout to deliver a top class stadium .

Back
Top Bottom