Newcastle (A) 11 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't remember this much navel-gazing when we beat Newcastle on the first day of the season last year, and I recall that being a far poorer overall performance that we were a lot more fortunate to come away with the win from. The negativity of this place can do your head in sometimes, it really can.

I'd rather have him at the club, than you as a supporter. And, awful person?? Grow up

Your blind acceptance of anything he has done as acceptable or even right and your outright refusal to criticise his behaviour because he plays for Spurs is in my view an example of something very wrong with football fans. Of course, it is very common amongst Liverpool fans but there are people like that in all clubs. In short - being a goodish footballer playing for your football club does not excuse his behaviour or mean that he is above criticism.

In the same way, the bullying of people that don't share your view, is the sort of thing that I might expect at West Ham. Naively I thought Spurs are a little better than that. I thought we were a little more diverse, a little more intelligent, a little sophisticated. Obviously not. We are same as West Ham. We just think we are better.

I think we should aim higher.

Your blind acceptance of anything he has done as acceptable or even right and your outright refusal to criticise his behaviour because he plays for Spurs is in my view an example of something very wrong with football fans. Of course, it is very common amongst Liverpool fans but there are people like that in all clubs. In short - being a goodish footballer playing for your football club does not excuse his behaviour or mean that he is above criticism.

In the same way, the bullying of people that don't share your view, is the sort of thing that I might expect at West Ham. Naively I thought Spurs are a little better than that. I thought we were a little more diverse, a little more intelligent, a little sophisticated. Obviously not. We are same as West Ham. We just think we are better.

Yeah...you're an idiot.

Bye

Shut up you massive helmet.

Are his past transgressions worthy of eternal condemnation?

I understand the pessimism on here due to Imo a poor transfer window, I would love to have us winning or challenging for the title right up to the last week of the season. There is no harm in dreaming/hoping that this could be so, after all To dare is to do.

However I think we need to be realistic when judging performances especially at the start of the season. I agree that it wasn't the polished performance we are all hoping to see and my heart was in my mouth every time Newcastle attacked down our right hand side, but guys it's the first week, many of our key players have been unable to participate in pre season due to their involvement in the World Cup( btw, who'd have thought we would have been the team with the most players in the latter stages of the World Cup, just shows how far we have come) and we still have a few injuries, this I believe will mean that we will not be match fluent until start of September, when if not before Harry will start banging in the goals. Jan and Lloris played very well and it's nice to see Dele making his ghosting runs again. Imo we should gratefully take the 3 points, and as many likeminded fans on here have done, identify the issues that need improvement (positional defending, accurate forward passing), but also realise most of the issues will be remedied over the next few weeks when the team has had time to gel. So in the meantime getting positive results now is so important to make sure we don't lose touch of top 4.

A draw would have been a fair result . I feel for you having such an odious owner . A parasite who has sucked the soul out of the club.
I'm surprised you haven't rebelled/protested far more aggressively as nothing will be resolved while he stays .
An observation, many of the supporters were highly overweight,
May be comfort in food has led to apathy .
Good luck .

I think a lot of the anger is softened by the support of the manager and team. Had McClaren still been in charge with Lee Bowyer and Sissoko types filling the team sheet we'd be more aggressive. Should we be bottom 4 come December there may be more... headline grabbing action.

I didn't think your support was that bad. Home atmosphere is dead in the prem anyway, except for Huddersfield and anyone who's got a derby/big game. Even Huddersfield's support will get worse if they survive a few more seasons. I applauded you lot when you were singing "you fat cockney bastard, we want you to go" at the end, what a cunt he is.

Always enjoy a trip up to Newcastle.

Have to say the pedant in me baulks at the Cockney bit, but what're you gonna do?

Hello Fishy!! Nice to see you back.

Another season of joy at the Toon I see....
Y75t46V.gif
If ever we get shot of the fat cunt, the celebrations on Tyneside will be a sight to see, I mean a sight to see.

Totally agree with you about Toby

Yesterday highlighted his worth

Love Sánchez but not quite there yet and has a lot to learn

Sanchez definitely learn alongside two of the best. No issues with his performance as such. Back 3 is better for us especially to tighten up games like that. We may as well sell him abroad if he isn't going to put on in games. We just need to figure out what we are doing with him or it just makes the failure to sign a centre back even more ridiculous as we can sell now but not buy...

He's apologised for his mistake and, as far as I'm aware, he hasn't repeated the offense. That is good enough for me and should be for you as well.

He's apologised for his mistake and, as far as I'm aware, he hasn't repeated the offense. That is good enough for me and should be for you as well.

Hmmm.

You are telling me that I should accept his equivocal apology and his attempt to minimise his actions and just get on with it.

Hmmm.

You are telling me that I should accept his equivocal apology and his attempt to minimise his actions and just get on with it.
I was going to post a sarcastic comment about your comprehension skills but stopped myself when I realised that English probably isn't your native tongue, so sorry for even going there.

Equivocal means that it can be interepreted in more than one way. I'm not sure what you meant by minimising his actions, but you should definitely just get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom