Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not disputing that, and techinically the decision is right by the letter of the law, but wasn;t the bloke lifting his arm to protect his face from a boot? If he's kept it down, well talk about taking one for the team

Woods completely misses the ball, which tells me he probably wasn't going to kick Doherty in the face.

I thought Winks was so so poor today.

he was walked past on 3 different occasions without laying a glove. People say he can pass, but he gave the ball away constantly vs Bouenmouth.

you see Shelvey today, he can pass! Until we get in a CM who can hold on to the ball and pass it well we won't get anywhere, and neither Winks or Sissoko is that player.

Someone like Thiago would be perfect, but he'd never come.

Can we get a bit of love for Bergwin's cross few more of them and Harry will start exerting pressure on him to start. I also had a bit of a fancy that we could drop Aurier and play Bergwin, he is robust tracks back as well as Serge but has way better delivery if Sissoko is doing the same defensive sitting job for him I think we would be better. Anyone elsethink he could play wing back?

I would love to see him get more of a run in the side to see what he has. I think his movement and intelligence are there.

Have a watch of our third (breakaway) goal. Lamela, who's no Linford Christie, starts off behind Bergwijn, then blasts past him to get on the pass from Kane, while Bergwijn just seems to waddle in treacle. Considering this is a guy purchased exactly for this kind of moment, explosive, direct. It was weird to see. And he'd only been on the pitch 30 minutes.

How much can we realistically get for Son? Or even Kane? I'd rather we sell Son rather than Kane, but Kane seems to be the type to willingly leave because we didn't get top 4 so I don't know. I absolutely love Son, he is a great player and a gentleman, but I feel he's gotta make way in the new season.

How much can we realistically get for Son? Or even Kane? I'd rather we sell Son rather than Kane, but Kane seems to be the type to willingly leave because we didn't get top 4 so I don't know. I absolutely love Son, he is a great player and a gentleman, but I feel he's gotta make way in the new season.
So.. Also very pleased with the 3 points and our first away win since February?

Have a watch of our third (breakaway) goal. Lamela, who's no Linford Christie, starts off behind Bergwijn, then blasts past him to get on the pass from Kane, while Bergwijn just seems to waddle in treacle. Considering this is a guy purchased exactly for this kind of moment, explosive, direct. It was weird to see. And he'd only been on the pitch 30 minutes.
Also on a similar note, I remember reading a post earlier in the thread praising Kane for being ready to poach a tap-in from Lamela's shot (don't remember who or I'd quote them). I thought that comment was selling Kane rather short.

He didn't just score a tap-in; he made that goal. If Lamela had scored, it would've been Kane's assist (and not one of those poxy meme assists like the famous Ben Davies worldy). He did doubly well to follow it in, react quickly to a rebound with a sort of half-diving header, and beat his man (painfully) to score.

Can we get a bit of love for Bergwin's cross few more of them and Harry will start exerting pressure on him to start. I also had a bit of a fancy that we could drop Aurier and play Bergwin, he is robust tracks back as well as Serge but has way better delivery if Sissoko is doing the same defensive sitting job for him I think we would be better. Anyone elsethink he could play wing back?
I made the argument recently that the lack of quality crossing was making Kane and Son more reluctant to waste the energy and take the injury risk going full hog to get on the end of them. I hope to see a lot more goals like the one today because this squad definitely has players capable of scoring from crosses/headers. (I'd say "especially Kane" but what's the point? What isn't he great at scoring? Direct FKs basically.)

Also on a similar note, I remember reading a post earlier in the thread praising Kane for being ready to poach a tap-in from Lamela's shot (don't remember who or I'd quote them). I thought that comment was selling Kane rather short.

He didn't just score a tap-in; he made that goal. If Lamela had scored, it would've been Kane's assist (and not one of those poxy meme assists like the famous Ben Davies worldy). He did doubly well to follow it in, react quickly to a rebound with a sort of half-diving header, and beat his man (painfully) to score.

Yeah. Lamela did well with some trickery over the ball to get space, but the build up dribble and pass by kane, followed up with staying onside and beating the defender to the ball on a rebound (after running half the pitch) made that goal all his.

I honestly wouldn't mind sissoko at rb and Bergwine at RM. It just seems such an obvious thing to do...

Back
Top Bottom