Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aye he does, and is really touchy about it apparently.

fwiw I thought you weren't very good yesterday and getting shot of Mourinho surely must be a priority. The fluent high intensity game that was enjoyable to watch has gone and the new style isn't getting the best out of anyone in a Spurs shirt.

You deserved the win chiefly because we were terrible in defence and profligate up front. Our tactic appears to be a deep passive defensive block, then get it to Saint Maximin and pray he can do something to get past 3-4 players.
You looking forward to seeing the back of Steve Bruce?

I wouldn't want that Voldemort-headed cunt Shelvey within two hundred miles of a Spurs shirt.

What is it that gets into people, convincing them that bang-average journeymen are the missing piece of the puzzle? It's like how people used to pipe up every transfer window that Shane Long "could do a job for us". Assuming that job isn't working on the turnstiles, you have to wonder what some of our fans are on.

There's a pretty obvious reason these donkeys play for shit teams
The scary thing is that both Shane Long and Shelvey would improve us

You looking forward to seeing the back of Steve Bruce?
We're not there yet. If the takeover doesn't happen, he'll be manager next season at least and I genuinely fear that we'll be in danger of relegation with this cabbage in charge.

I want shot because he's out of his depth and he's not the victim he's painted by his mates in the media. When we went on a little run, all we heard is how much better he was doing than Benitez, when he really wasn't.

Pundits consistently contradicting themselves to show support for their mate. These are genuine quotes from the same pundit for the Man City game (where we were humped 5-0)
"Look at the goals they've scored!" "They don't look like scoring"
"See how he's sorted their defence!" "This could be a cricket score",
"If they're taken over he should get money to spend!" " Joelinton does not look a £40m player"

The football has been shite, the injuries are stacking up and the excuses are flowing.

We're not there yet. If the takeover doesn't happen, he'll be manager next season at least and I genuinely fear that we'll be in danger of relegation with this cabbage in charge.

I want shot because he's out of his depth and he's not the victim he's painted by his mates in the media. When we went on a little run, all we heard is how much better he was doing than Benitez, when he really wasn't.

Pundits consistently contradicting themselves to show support for their mate. These are genuine quotes from the same pundit for the Man City game (where we were humped 5-0)
"If they're taken over he should get money to spend!" " Joelinton does not look a £40m player"

The football has been shite, the injuries are stacking up and the excuses are flowing.

....But that liquid Rafa football, eh? :harrysmile:

Better managers than Bruce have been pumped away to City; that's scant reflection on the season he's had.... 2-2 at home weren't bad for starters.

Face it; without the dirty money; Bruce is a perfectly acceptable manager for your lot.

As for Joelinton: You lot have moaned for years about Ashley and co. being behind any trf fuck ups you've made; now it suits to blame Bruce he's the one with autonomy.... Pfffffff.....:harryhmm:

How do you rate Saint-Maximin?

Can't agree with that, I think Erik would have been an absolute star if it hadn't been for his injuries.
Sorry to disagree but doesn't that prove my point ?
He would be better in Italian or German football which is less demanding than our more physical game ? He has never shirked a challenge but his body has let him down.
My point is, if we can still get some reasonable money for him, should we move on and buy a Hojberg ?
Didnt get to watch tonight. Was it 4-4-2 again?
No more all over the show but defence was better

How do you rate Saint-Maximin?

Really good, if we're not bought by the Saudis he'll be off for good money before too long.

Decision making has improved after the break, clear to see he's got the pace, power and skillset to be a very good Premier League player. Stick him in a better team and he'd have more assists and goals.

Really good, if we're not bought by the Saudis he'll be off for good money before too long.

Decision making has improved after the break, clear to see he's got the pace, power and skillset to be a very good Premier League player. Stick him in a better team and he'd have more assists and goals.

So who gets praise for that signing then? ....Ashley or Bruce?

Nggghhhh.... Awkward.

Back
Top Bottom