Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion, they are both dipsticks of the highest order.
Remember the clip with Owen playing against a 14 year old keeper and celebrating goals as if he won the world cup, with Neville Southall calling him out.
With regards to Shearer, he's starting to put the boot into Harry, as he's scared of losing his PL status as top scorer.

Great point mate...how come this money wasn't made available to him ? It really is sadly becoming a joke of a club run by someone who doesn't give a shit. To deny Rafa Benitez funds and then give Steve Bruce a budget defies logic.
Wasn't just funds Benitez was denied, it was control. He wanted Rondon for c£16m, to keep Perez and so on. He wanted to spend money on the academy and the training facilities (not updated since Ashley took over 12 years ago.) but that was refused as well.

Joelinton is all right, not sure if he's worth £40m and cannot play in the systems that Bruce has tried. Needs a #10 playing near him, or Big Andy. But we can't play 2 up top, or three attacking midfielders because we don't have the defensive midfield or wide defenders to allow that.

More rumours of a takeover rumbling on, but few are genuinely taking it seriously.

WTF??

FLOYD MAYWEATHER'VERY INTERESTED'In Buying Newcastle United

3/9/2020 6:34 AM PT

Floyd Mayweather
is interested in buying a major share of a Premier League soccer team -- and just discussed it publicly at a media event in the UK.

For years, the boxing star has flirted with the idea of purchasing an ownership stake in Newcastle United F.C. -- currently owned by British billionaire Mike Ashley.

But, when Floyd sat down for a fan Q&A in Newcastle on Sunday, the moderator asked Floyd straight-up about a possible deal.

"You're very, very interested in buying Newcastle United," the moderator asked Floyd.

"In the U.S. we call it soccer, but the Newcastle football team is an unbelievable team," Floyd said ... "a hell of a team."

He then smiled and told the crowd, "If the people want me to buy the Newcastle team, let me know!"

Cheers erupted. Floyd smiled.

We called up Floyd's people after the event to find out if he's being serious. We were told Floyd IS, in fact, interested in buying a stake in the team ... but so far, no official negotiations have taken place.

Newcastle United is currently in 13th place in the Premier League -- they've only won 1 out of their last 5 games. Maybe Floyd can help turn 'em around?

Floyd has reportedly made around $1 BILLION in his boxing career -- and apparently, he's already bought more cars, jets and jewelry than you could imagine.

So, ownership next?

A Newcastle United takeover has taken a step closer after new documents show that owner Mike Ashley has entered into a charge agreement with potential buyer Amanda Staveley.
By Alistair Magowan, Dan Roan and Laura Scott
BBC Sport
  • 26 minutes ago
Financier Staveley is leading a bid which involves Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund and the Reuben Brothers.

It is understood to be worth £300m.

The 31-page charge agreement lodged at Companies House lays the legal groundwork for a potential deal to be completed.

Might cost an extra £150m in 12 months time?
I think the key to me is why would you buy Newcastle right now. They aren't exactly prime candidates to come out of this in a more stable position. Ashley is the sort that could go near tits up thanks to this and you could buy them in the winter for next to nothing.

More over, many more attractive and lucrative clubs will surely struggle financially due to transfer/wage overspending coupled with the COVID shut down. Why continue to pursue a Renault when you have reason to expect a Jaguar will end up doing a fire sale soon?

I think the key to me is why would you buy Newcastle right now. They aren't exactly prime candidates to come out of this in a more stable position. Ashley is the sort that could go near tits up thanks to this and you could buy them in the winter for next to nothing.

More over, many more attractive and lucrative clubs will surely struggle financially due to transfer/wage overspending coupled with the COVID shut down. Why continue to pursue a Renault when you have reason to expect a Jaguar will end up doing a fire sale soon?

Untitled-design-2-1-1024x683.jpg

71% of Newcastle's revenue is derived directly from PL broadcasting payments. The very revenue stream which has been closed off by corona, and whose prospects for return any time "soon" look bleak.

Just can't see buying now being a smart move.

I still think it is another hoax engineered by fatty. On the guardian football page for the latest article it has a bunch of similar articles linked below. Almost all are the same going back three years.

The usual cycle goes that fatty doesn't want to spend any money on transfers or gets some bad press. He then goes through the motion of selling the club. The fans who were about to riot then put on their best behavior so as to not fuck it up.

With Sunderland fucking it up till they die and Leeds doing a Leeds, Newcastle are an enterprise to be milked up north. Perhaps covid will be the final straw for fatty to loosen his grip but I doubt it. I think he is just deflecting the heat from furlough nonsense. Especially now that Levy changed his mind.

Back
Top Bottom