Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at all their sponsorship deals (and now the trans-league player farming system the have in place).... I assume Saudi Upon Tyne FC can do similar to exploit the rules.... Pay a few fines to help jumpstart the whole process top perhaps.... Unless you think FFP is rock solid?
No definitely not rock solid, but more of a hindrance than City started out with, plus the main aim of it seems to be to preserve the status quo so maybe they'll find themselves under greater scrutiny? Maybe they will just buy their way to 'glory', it's certainly possible, but not definite, hopefully they can't manage it.

No definitely not rock solid, but more of a hindrance than City started out with, plus the main aim of it seems to be to preserve the status quo so maybe they'll find themselves under greater scrutiny? Maybe they will just buy their way to 'glory', it's certainly possible, but not definite, hopefully they can't manage it.

Hopefully, yes.... But they won't be in this just to be the next Everton.

#SportsWashing

Last edited:
The one person that is getting it in the neck more than anyone is Miguel Delaney, all because he has written a piece(s) on how much he is against the regime. The whatabout lads all duly pile in whilst biging up the Saudi's at the same time, just what they want.
Mr Delaney is making a lot of noise re: the takeover. Saying it's appalling, saying Newcastle fans should boycott, protest and so on. He was at the Man City fans when they were bought by Mansour as well. His criticism of the regimes is absolutely fair, his criticism of the fans is not. Can't think why Manchester United fan Miguel Delaney would be like this...

Mind, he was/is eerily quiet about the paper he writes for being owned by Ex-KGB oligarchs, and a Saudi billionaire. Was also pretty ambivalent about Manchester United striking a major deal with the Saudis.

This isn't whataboutery, it's just pointing out rank hypocrisy. He expects the fans to protest the potential new owners, but he doesn't protest the owners of his paper? He could change employer more easily than we could change allegiances. But, he gets attention, he gets clicks, so I guess he's doing his job.

Fucking muggy Newcastle fans will be up their for cuntishness with Liverpool if this goes thru, already heard the cunts saying they don't want Poch cos he doesn't win enough trophies !, most delusions fans on the planet towards the standing of their football club and their City.

Look at all their sponsorship deals (and now the trans-league player farming system the have in place).... I assume Saudi Upon Tyne FC can do similar to exploit the rules.... Pay a few fines to help jumpstart the whole process top perhaps.... Unless you think FFP is rock solid?
This is something I've heard rumours about. Talking about linking up with clubs in the MLS, South America, etc.

Doesn't sit well with me... I'm fine with the idea of feeder clubs as an impermanent deal. But to have "City Football Group" style franchises around the world offends this commie pinko heart of mine.

This is something I've heard rumours about. Talking about linking up with clubs in the MLS, South America, etc.

Doesn't sit well with me... I'm fine with the idea of feeder clubs as an impermanent deal. But to have "City Football Group" style franchises around the world offends this commie pinko heart of mine.

Still, a grimey FA Cup win and a post-Pride boogie to Kylie classics in a gay bar in Brighton will no doubt cleanse your conscience.

#SportsWashing

No but if they are going to have this unlimited money i can understand the fans wanting a manager that has proved he can win things

They are Newcastle a yo yo club , they have Steve Bruce and Pardew type managers and have never been a significant force in the game aside from a few years of gross overspending in the late nineties , for them to turn their noses up at Poch just shows what a delusional bunch of morons they are.

They are Newcastle a yo yo club , they have Steve Bruce and Pardew type managers and have never been a significant force in the game aside from a few years of gross overspending in the late nineties , for them to turn their noses up at Poch just shows what a delusional bunch of morons they are.
So much of this post is wrong, I barely know where to start. But I'm guessing this isn't a considered view, and more a bit of tribalism.

How would trans-league player farming work? The Northeast has produced more international players than any part of the country except London but they seem to have royally fucked up their youth football up there.

Why Newcastle United's Academy system seems desperate for a revamp

Is the idea that talent from the area gets farmed to development clubs elsewhere or is it the opposite, that Newcastle is the farm for foreign talent to be sold on?

How would trans-league player farming work? The Northeast has produced more international players than any part of the country except London but they seem to have royally fucked up their youth football up there.

Why Newcastle United's Academy system seems desperate for a revamp

Is the idea that talent from the area gets farmed to development clubs elsewhere or is it the opposite, that Newcastle is the farm for foreign talent to be sold on?

It's more about being able to exploit FFP and other loopholes that exist outside of the EPL or other leagues..... e.g. undervaluing players when 'selling' them from club A to club B, recruitment rules surrounding young players etc.

City aren't concerned with improving youth development in Manchester in itself.

Mr Delaney is making a lot of noise re: the takeover. Saying it's appalling, saying Newcastle fans should boycott, protest and so on. He was at the Man City fans when they were bought by Mansour as well. His criticism of the regimes is absolutely fair, his criticism of the fans is not. Can't think why Manchester United fan Miguel Delaney would be like this...

Mind, he was/is eerily quiet about the paper he writes for being owned by Ex-KGB oligarchs, and a Saudi billionaire. Was also pretty ambivalent about Manchester United striking a major deal with the Saudis.

This isn't whataboutery, it's just pointing out rank hypocrisy. He expects the fans to protest the potential new owners, but he doesn't protest the owners of his paper? He could change employer more easily than we could change allegiances. But, he gets attention, he gets clicks, so I guess he's doing his job.
I think he's been absolutely fair with both sets of fans mate.

I agree with his take 100% I'm afraid.

:dierpochhug:

Yes it is.....

Back
Top Bottom