Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Id be intrigued to here what your counter points are?

They are Newcastle a yo yo club
We're not a yo-yo club. Yo-yo club - Wikipedia
Between 2002 and 2010 West Brom were promoted to the Premier League four times and relegated back to the second tier three times, and 2011 was the first year since 1999 that they were not involved in either a promotion or a relegation battle, in most cases right up to the last match of the season. That's a yo-yo club. We've only been relegated 3 times in 40 years. That's a pretty shit yo-yo. Hell, Man City have been relegated 5 in the last 40, are they also a yo-yo? No, of course they aren't.

they have Steve Bruce and Pardew type managers
...and Sir Bobby Robson, and Sir Kenny Dalglish, and Benitez... I remember a time when Tottenham Hotspur were appointing Jacques Santini, Juande Ramos, Tim Sherwood...

Also, bear in mind the man who owns Newcastle United signs off on the management, not the fans.

and have never been a significant force in the game aside from a few years of gross overspending in the late nineties
Only English 8 teams have more trophies than Newcastle United.
for them to turn their noses up at Poch just shows what a delusional bunch of morons they are.
Who's 'turning their nose up at Poch'? a few gobshites on twitter? He'd be an unreal appointment. But I'd be shocked if Pochettino would want to join a Newcastle side that, even with a takeover, won't be challenging for serious honours for a good few years.

Between 2002 and 2010 West Brom were promoted to the Premier League four times and relegated back to the second tier three times, and 2011 was the first year since 1999 that they were not involved in either a promotion or a relegation battle, in most cases right up to the last match of the season. That's a yo-yo club. We've only been relegated 3 times in 40 years. That's a pretty shit yo-yo. Hell, Man City have been relegated 5 in the last 40, are they also a yo-yo? No, of course they aren't.

...and Sir Bobby Robson, and Sir Kenny Dalglish, and Benitez... I remember a time when Tottenham Hotspur were appointing Jacques Santini, Juande Ramos, Tim Sherwood...

Also, bear in mind the man who owns Newcastle United signs off on the management, not the fans.

Who's 'turning their nose up at Poch'? a few gobshites on twitter? He'd be an unreal appointment. But I'd be shocked if Pochettino would want to join a Newcastle side that, even with a takeover, won't be challenging for serious honours for a good few years.

8th most successful club is bollocks for start. Your last trophy wasn't even s real trophy either, your Derby is the shittiest most irrelevant derby in football and all your fans are big fat wankers called spoogy.

Great counter points. But I have to ask a question about the very first word. "We're"

Why are you on a spurs forum? Not having a go. Just wondering.

This is going to happen, the Saudis chuck this government a lot of money for weapons etc, at some point, even if the PL Panel are minded to knock it back for the streaming shit, they will get leaned on by the government.

This is going to happen, the Saudis chuck this government a lot of money for weapons etc, at some point, even if the PL Panel are minded to knock it back for the streaming shit, they will get leaned on by the government.

Never a doubt in my mind..... The media will get behind it too (Look how much they gush over Abramovic & Mansour).... All the spending = column inches and content.

Never a doubt in my mind..... The media will get behind it too (Look how much they gush over Abramovic & Mansour).... All the spending = column inches and content.

To be honest, I'm not sure the media has ever gushed over Mansour really, not the serious media, and they haven't gushed over Abramovic for a long long time (that I remember). And I'm not sure the Saudi's will find too many friends in the media (the ones they haven't invested in anyway) either. But I think the there will be those at the PL that will have always seen the upside of this investment coming the the PL (especially now, Brexit and COVID ravaged economy) rather than going elsewhere, they won't take much leaning on. I think the delay has been them wanting to be seen to think about it really really hard....the answer was never going to be no though.

The other thing that might be holding this up is not just the morality of awarding the Saudis membership to the PL in the face of the streaming issue - it's that they may be some serious negotiations need to take place between Qatar/PL/Saudis or/and the PL needing to take some very serious legal advice, because the Qataris are really not going to be happy about the fact that they are paying 500m for the license to broadcast the PL and the PL have failed to close down an infringement of those rights by their (geo)political enemies, despite having proof, which devalues that license - and now they have awarded that same entity the right to buy into the PL, they are going to be fucking furious. And rightly so. I would imagine their lawyers are looking at all the angles possible on this one. Intellectual property and digital piracy is a fucking complex beast, especially when it's multi-jurisdictional, and especially when it's in the Middle East where laws are not standardised so much - but I would think they have some real scope to be very fucking pissed if this goes through, they may have already made noises of this nature and the PL are needing to figure out what this could open them up to legally - or trying to negotiate three ways - the last thing they want right now is a 500m law suit from Qatar.

To be honest, I'm not sure the media has ever gushed over Mansour really, not the serious media, and they haven't gushed over Abramovic for a long long time (that I remember).

Maybe not in terms of direct adulation for them as individuals, no... But the gushing about the squads they have assembled and the trophies they've hauled is pretty universal and without caveat. Like I say, the more spending and super-stars signings made they more they have to riff about; the more they have to stir rumours and speculate about.... The less analysis and quality punditry they have to conjure.

And I'm not sure the Saudi's will find too many friends in the media (the ones they haven't invested in anyway) either. But I think the there will be those at the PL that will have always seen the upside of this investment coming the the PL (especially now, Brexit and COVID ravaged economy) rather than going elsewhere, they won't take much leaning on. I think the delay has been them wanting to be seen to think about it really really hard....the answer was never going to be no though.

I get where you're coming from both above and below, but in terms of the media; ultimately blind eyes will be turned. Why should it be any different from City, Chavs PSG and so on....?

The other thing that might be holding this up is not just the morality of awarding the Saudis membership to the PL in the face of the streaming issue - it's that they may be some serious negotiations need to take place between Qatar/PL/Saudis or/and the PL needing to take some very serious legal advice, because the Qataris are really not going to be happy about the fact that they are paying 500m for the license to broadcast the PL and the PL have failed to close down an infringement of those rights by their (geo)political enemies, despite having proof, which devalues that license - and now they have awarded that same entity the right to buy into the PL, they are going to be fucking furious. And rightly so. I would imagine their lawyers are looking at all the angles possible on this one. Intellectual property and digital piracy is a fucking complex beast, especially when it's multi-jurisdictional, and especially when it's in the Middle East where laws are not standardised so much - but I would think they have some real scope to be very fucking pissed if this goes through, they may have already made noises of this nature and the PL are needing to figure out what this could open them up to legally - or trying to negotiate three ways - the last thing they want right now is a 500m law suit from Qatar.

Yeh, this is a mess for sure, but money will eventually talk.

Great counter points. But I have to ask a question about the very first word. "We're"

Why are you on a spurs forum? Not having a go. Just wondering.
Always interesting to read what other fans think about the NUFC stories. There's often some opinions that don't crop up in the Newcastle messageboard/twitter bubble and while one or two Tottenham fans use the appearance of a fan of another club to trot out some tired cliches in a transparent attempt to wind you up, on the whole the responses are pretty balanced.

Don't always get a warm welcome mind, for whatever reason there's a real animosity towards Newcastle Utd from Everton fans, some Villa fans, etc.

Always interesting to read what other fans think about the NUFC stories. There's often some opinions that don't crop up in the Newcastle messageboard/twitter bubble and while one or two Tottenham fans use the appearance of a fan of another club to trot out some tired cliches in a transparent attempt to wind you up, on the whole the responses are pretty balanced.

Don't always get a warm welcome mind, for whatever reason there's a real animosity towards Newcastle Utd from Everton fans, some Villa fans, etc.

Fair enough.

In regards to Evertonians I have mused about them before. They run around at away matches trying to start trouble (The Millwall game last year for example) and love to chat shit like they are the hard men but they are missing a real trick here. There is an over abundance of hatred for the dippers that all Everton fans need to do is not be cunts and they would become pretty popular pretty quickly.

Fair enough.

In regards to Evertonians I have mused about them before. They run around at away matches trying to start trouble (The Millwall game last year for example) and love to chat shit like they are the hard men but they are missing a real trick here. There is an over abundance of hatred for the dippers that all Everton fans need to do is not be cunts and they would become pretty popular pretty quickly.
You're forgetting the fact that they are scouse

Fair enough.

Completely agree. They've a real chip on their shoulder and believe (perhaps because of the media?) that fans of other clubs like Liverpool. Proper angry little man syndrome.

Completely agree. They've a real chip on their shoulder and believe (perhaps because of the media?) that fans of other clubs like Liverpool. Proper angry little man syndrome.

We have Everton fans on this very forum....

Them > you tbh.

You and your lot are just The Dippers without the trophy cabinet (which on a certain level makes you even worse).

Back
Top Bottom