Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fangif1.gif

150415100203-newcastle-utd-gal-1-super-169.jpg

tenor-18.gif

It is only a matter of time before they start calling everyone racist.

Interestingly, I was just in Newcastle. I had been twice before on a night out and when passing through; but this time I got to see the city in the day time.

Some thoughts on the place: It is tiny but I think everything is small coming from London. The bridge cutting through the city is a sight to behold. The thousands of seagulls that have made it their home is amazing, if not a little dystopian. If any of you have played Bloodbourne, it sort of reminds me of that. They are much more nervous about the virus as well. Everything is about a month behind us. Very few restaurants are open although I had an incredible indian meal at a place called Simla. There are certainly parts of Newcastle that are pretty; the quayside and the areas around monument for example, but most of it is a bit of a wasteland. Again though, the geordies seemed on edge, and when they heard my accent, I could sense the fear and resentment. So, it was a strange trip but I like the place.
Any good chip shops? (Asking for a friend...)

:roseunsure:

It is only a matter of time before they start calling everyone racist.

Interestingly, I was just in Newcastle. I had been twice before on a night out and when passing through; but this time I got to see the city in the day time.

Some thoughts on the place: It is tiny but I think everything is small coming from London. The bridge cutting through the city is a sight to behold. The thousands of seagulls that have made it their home is amazing, if not a little dystopian. If any of you have played Bloodbourne, it sort of reminds me of that. They are much more nervous about the virus as well. Everything is about a month behind us. Very few restaurants are open although I had an incredible indian meal at a place called Simla. There are certainly parts of Newcastle that are pretty; the quayside and the areas around monument for example, but most of it is a bit of a wasteland. Again though, the geordies seemed on edge, and when they heard my accent, I could sense the fear and resentment. So, it was a strange trip but I like the place.
Take time to listen to a Geordie talking. If you can understand what they're saying, it will be only a matter of time before they start banging on about 'The biggest this' or "the most amazing' that or 'the most incredible something'. Everything has to be the most extreme (including their football team which is the most crap football team the universe has ever seen, or is ever likely to see, with the worst owner in the solar system.)
I've spent several amusing minutes listeng to Geordies bragging.

Barcode on TS news just now: (paraphrasing) "If not an Arab state, who's gonna spare us the relegation battles and take us back to the big-time...?"

Back? :kanehand:

Back to that Steve Wraith div.... Let's say without looking into why the deal was refused by the EPL, they later buckle to fan pressure and the club subseuqently gets dragged through the dirt.... 100% guaranteed they would then double back and blame the powers that be for not protecting them.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Crying barcodes on TS tonight has been top bantz....

"We don't expect the big time; we just wanna compete.... Look at Everton... We just want to gradually build and climb the league"

[Everton since 2016: 550m spent... Managerial merry-go-round..... Lucky to scrape top 10... Finished 5 points above Newcastle. ]

Completely ignoring the kind of growth we've shown and how we made it.... Why not envy Burnley? ....You think they're craving Levynomics or Dyche in the hot-seat? Bollocks they are!

.....It's all about spending money, not progressive ownership (Despite the more modest, somber "all we want" stuff).

I don’t dislike Newcastle. They’ve always drawn good crowds and have had some great players over the years.

Glad they’re not becoming another souped up club jumping the queue. Hard to begrudge the success of United or Liverpool given their foundations, but Chelsea, City, or Newcastle might as well be QPR.

I don’t dislike Newcastle. They’ve always drawn good crowds and have had some great players over the years.

Glad they’re not becoming another souped up club jumping the queue. Hard to begrudge the success of United or Liverpool given their foundations, but Chelsea, City, or Newcastle might as well be QPR.
The thing that annoys me the most about Newcastle fans is that they seem to have this thought that they should be a top club, but without the history to back that up, they literally have won nothing (aside from old Second Division and Championship) in 51 years, and they royally blew their chance at the title in 1995/96.

Back
Top Bottom