Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't blame the geordies for complaining. The glory days of that fairs Cup win 50 years ago and crowds of 20,000 seem a lifetime ago.

One tilt at the league 25 years ago has gone to their heads.

Bunch of sanctimonious tossers... Like Liverpoool but without the trophy cabinet.

Bunch of sanctimonious tossers... Like Liverpoool but without the trophy cabinet.
Have you ever noticed that when a Geordie's talking, everything has to be the most extreme?

Eg., (in a Geordie accent)... "IWhy aye man, ah were in the water joost naah and I tell ya no lie, I seen the biggest (insert your own noun) known ta man. I were that scared I dun tha most massive (insert your own noun) in tha universe. etc etc etc"

Look out for it - it's highly entertaining. They are prone to exaggeration.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed that when a Geordie's talking, everything has to be the most extreme?

Eg., (in a Geordie accent)... "I were in the water joost naah and I tell ya no lie, I seen the biggest (insert your own noun) known ta man. I were that scared I dun tha most massive (insert your own noun) in tha universe. etc etc etc"

Disappointed there’s no “why aye man” in there 😉😂

Eg., (in a Geordie accent)... "I were in the water joost naah and I tell ya no lie, I seen the biggest (insert your own noun) known ta man. I were that scared I dun tha most massive (insert your own noun) in tha universe. etc etc etc"

Unlike elsewhere on the World Wide Web, which is well-known for its carefully-chosen, measured language

Lucky Newcastle, looks like they’re about to get enjoyable football and success! I’m sure the fans are buzzing.
This is a pretty cringe-worthy take. This sort of thing is bad for football, these oppressive evil regimes buying clubs and pumping them full of artificial cash.

Still don't expect this is going through. The Saudis buying Newcastle would be the most bizarre instance of this. Its bloody Newcastle. There's at least a dozen better football brands to buy.

Disappointed there’s no “why aye man” in there 😉😂
There is now - Why aye man, Ah've never ever disappointed a lady, not once, in over 3 million thousand interactions across the world and beyond, and ah divvent intend ta start now, man.

This is a pretty cringe-worthy take. This sort of thing is bad for football, these oppressive evil regimes buying clubs and pumping them full of artificial cash.

Still don't expect this is going through. The Saudis buying Newcastle would be the most bizarre instance of this. Its bloody Newcastle. There's at least a dozen better football brands to buy.

Debatable. Owners who care about the football side of things and provide a challenge to the traditional big clubs, whilst hugely developing the local area of the teams they take over? I'm sure Newcastle fans would prefer that to a leech like Mike Ashley sucking the club dry.

And billionaires are nearly all to a man corrupt and morally vacuous individuals who would do anything for profitability, so some more terrible people as owners will fit right in. All this 'artificial cash' will be part of all the major clubs in some way or another. None of these owners care where it comes from, Mike Ashley especially doesn't. As far as most Newcastle fans are concerned they'll be swapping one terrible person who doesn't care one bit for the club, for a group of terrible people who do care.

Eg., (in a Geordie accent)... "IWhy aye man, ah were in the water joost naah and I tell ya no lie, I seen the biggest (insert your own noun) known ta man. I were that scared I dun tha most massive (insert your own noun) in tha universe. etc etc etc"

Ah divint ken pet!

Debatable. Owners who care about the football side of things and provide a challenge to the traditional big clubs, whilst hugely developing the local area of the teams they take over? I'm sure Newcastle fans would prefer that to a leech like Mike Ashley sucking the club dry.

And billionaires are nearly all to a man corrupt and morally vacuous individuals who would do anything for profitability, so some more terrible people as owners will fit right in. All this 'artificial cash' will be part of all the major clubs in some way or another. None of these owners care where it comes from, Mike Ashley especially doesn't. As far as most Newcastle fans are concerned they'll be swapping one terrible person who doesn't care one bit for the club, for a group of terrible people who do care.
Do you understand anything about the Saudis? Do you care?

They butchered a journalist in a Turkish embassy, among most recent things.

There are more important things in the world than fucking football. Welcoming scum of their ilk into the sport is disgusting. That goes for Mansour and the Qataris as well. They're all slave owners guilty of numerous human rights crimes. They aren't corrupt - they're evil.

Do you understand anything about the Saudis? Do you care?

They butchered a journalist in a Turkish embassy, among most recent things.

There are more important things in the world than fucking football. Welcoming scum of their ilk into the sport is disgusting. That goes for Mansour and the Qataris as well. They're all slave owners guilty of numerous human rights crimes. They aren't corrupt - they're evil.

Yes, they're terrible people. As are all billionaires. Most said billionaires will be doing business with them happily, so I'm not going to draw an arbitrary line of morality and decide they're terrible, but those who happily profit from other people's suffering over here are fine. The country we live in (Unless you're not British) sells arms on the regular to them, but we draw the line at letting them run football clubs?

The Saudis and their regimes are a symptom of a far greater disease. Genuine discussion/action on that is great, but the outrage that football fans (not you in particular..) seem to only feel when they take over a rival team, doesn't interest me much. It's shallow outrage.

Yes, they're terrible people. As are all billionaires. Most said billionaires will be doing business with them happily, so I'm not going to draw an arbitrary line of morality and decide they're terrible, but those who happily profit from other people's suffering over here are fine. The country we live in (Unless you're not British) sells arms on the regular to them, but we draw the line at letting them run football clubs?

The Saudis and their regimes are a symptom of a far greater disease. Genuine discussion/action on that is great, but the outrage that football fans (not you in particular..) seem to only feel when they take over a rival team, doesn't interest me much. It's shallow outrage.
I've stated on numerous occasions that if the Saudis or a similar regime took over Spurs, I'd cut all ties with the club. Its despicable to allow them into the sport.

And I'm highly against our (in my case the US, but the west in general) dealing them arms, particularly given the horrors they're using those arms to perpetrate in Yemen. If there were more I could do to effect that, other than my vote and my time trying to communicate that to legislators, I would.

Sport is a rather arbitrary place to take a stand, but its a place to start.

I've stated on numerous occasions that if the Saudis or a similar regime took over Spurs, I'd cut all ties with the club. Its despicable to allow them into the sport.

And I'm highly against our (in my case the US, but the west in general) dealing them arms, particularly given the horrors they're using those arms to perpetrate in Yemen. If there were more I could do to effect that, other than my vote and my time trying to communicate that to legislators, I would.

Sport is a rather arbitrary place to take a stand, but its a place to start.

For me if a stand was going to be made, it would be against the atrocities committed with weapons we help provide. That should be more than outrageous enough for people to petition the government for action, but people see that and things blow over in a week. Then you can work on cutting off their income, but again .. it won't happen.

With that being the case, I struggle to get outraged when they buy another football club. They have their fingers in far more important/worrying pies. I like Newcastle as a club and know some of their fans, they'll be happy to see the team released from Ashley and do well.

I've altogether become pretty apathetic towards it all. I can only salute you for your principles.

Back
Top Bottom