Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least that would be more explosive with more shots.
Thanks for trying.

giphy.gif

Perhaps you are right. But actions / words are certainly inconsistent. An example could be Mr Liberal poster boy Blair. He’s kept taking money from the Saudi’s despite Khashoggi. I am certain his arguments are the same as some I have heard, because only a few weeks ago he was digging the same rulers out for 9/11.

If I recall correctly Corbyn banned the Saudi’s from attending the Labour party conference a few years ago, prompting a petulant backlash. That was at least a stand against them.

Blair is hardly the ideal example to be proving your point with here.

........Your lib-bashing tone here just seems a bit silly and opportunistic tbh.

It's not part of the Sunni religion, it's an offshoot that believes all other Muslims are the enemy because they do not follow the same teachings ( including other Sunnis).

It's a bit like saying the IRA is part of the Catholic religion.
Thanks for the correction and happy to be corrected ( have gone back to amend)

Re IRA - that has both both catholic and protestant members, the majority Catholic is based around populations number rather than religion.

Thanks for the correction and happy to be corrected ( have gone back to amend)

Re IRA - that has both both catholic and protestant members, the majority Catholic is based around populations number rather than religion.
Very very very rare you would find a protestant in the IRA. Its origins in the late 19th century might have had some poorer protestants but later wars and the northern troubles its 99.9% catholic

Very very very rare you would find a protestant in the IRA. Its origins in the late 19th century might have had some poorer protestants but later wars and the northern troubles its 99.9% catholic
Possibly rare, but maybe not as rare as one may think ?

From what I recall there are various incarnations of the IRA(IRB being the earliest form) across the past couple hundred years. And one of the earlier (pre 1922 version) certainly had Protestant membership - in what numbers ? Who knows for sure.

But a high profile example would be Markievicz who converted to Catholicism after the Easter Rising ( born into wealth in England)

The later Provisional IRA (active during the troubles ) was, it was claimed, formed with some involvement of Protestants from the Irish republic. Although that would not act as an indication as to what % were this or that religion of course. The intent of the IRA ( and this is highly debatable) was an independent/reunited Ireland. That goal can transcend religion. In theory at least.

Probably best to move this debate elsewhere as it’s sod all to do with Spewcastle. 👍

Last edited:

Well done to the banner people.

Apparently the police are 'investigating' this banner. Why? It's just a visual depiction of what everyone knows and is saying.
If the police/CPS take any action against this banner, it will be even more of a waste of public money than it already is.
Whatever happened to freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest? I suppose the Saudi Murderers have bought that from us too, have they?

I don't think it would be easy to buy Real or Barca (even though Barca is a dumpster fire right now). So the EPL is an easier and better investment than other leagues. Think it is as simple as that.

My bro works in SA and he says there is a real shift towards more tolerance, mainly due to the new guy we are loving to hate right now. So, I'd take everything we hear with a pinch of pure sodium. They are still basically 500s Britain, but it won't take 500 years to catch up.
I think you missed a zero out

Well done to the banner people.

Apparently the police are 'investigating' this banner. Why? It's just a visual depiction of what everyone knows and is saying.
If the police/CPS take any action against this banner, it will be even more of a waste of public money than it already is.
Whatever happened to freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest? I suppose the Saudi Murderers have bought that from us too, have they?
The irony being the last line in the accompanying statement

Hypothetically... had Newcastle been taken over by a Nigerian Billionaire, would it be OK for the locals to 'black up' and dress in traditional tribal wear??

...nah, thought not!

Back
Top Bottom