Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How the Premier League has allowed a club to be owned by people who won't participate in the league's initiatives is a disgrace.

Their matches should not be televised and they should never be allowed to be promoted back into the league after their relegation this season.

I don't get pissed off by much but this is disgusting.

The lack of support on this issue by NUFC, doesn't surprise me, but how the PL sat by and did nothing sends a dangerous message.

I hope they get fucking relegated, but this is on the Premier League.

47921560.JPG

47921563.JPG

Saudi Arabia announce the construction of a new futuristic city called Neom. Neom will consist of one huge building stretching 170km, towering 500m, with a width of 200m. 9 million people are expected to live here. The project will be 100% green and expected to cost hundreds of billions in construction fees. experts are skeptical about the tenability of this project.

That being said, I think it's likelier that Neom is built than Newcastle becoming a big club.

47921560.JPG

47921563.JPG

Saudi Arabia announce the construction of a new futuristic city called Neom. Neom will consist of one huge building stretching 170km, towering 500m, with a width of 200m. 9 million people are expected to live here. The project will be 100% green and expected to cost hundreds of billions in construction fees. experts are skeptical about the tenability of this project.

That being said, I think it's likelier that Neom is built than Newcastle becoming a big club.
And I still wouldn't go there.

47921560.JPG

47921563.JPG

Looks like something out of Judge Dredd!

Looks like something out of Judge Dredd!
I was trying to make a cute joke about Newcastle, but if we're being serious, you can rest assured this city will never be built. Designs for this kind of city already surfaced in the 1960s and, while interesting on paper, are inherently flawed in their approach to social reality.

Take the utopian designs by Soleri
00547c6118e94edb50e012bea647c07d.jpg

1*rVRIN8q29kT4gDfB5UELyw.jpeg

soleri_babel.jpg

These mega structures were supposed to house tens of thousands in a sustainable way. In reality they're impossible to maintain and life there would be hellish a bit like living in the remote stations on The Expanse

I was trying to make a cute joke about Newcastle, but if we're being serious, you can rest assured this city will never be built. Designs for this kind of city already surfaced in the 1960s and, while interesting on paper, are inherently flawed in their approach to social reality.

Take the utopian designs by Soleri
00547c6118e94edb50e012bea647c07d.jpg

1*rVRIN8q29kT4gDfB5UELyw.jpeg

soleri_babel.jpg

These mega structures were supposed to house tens of thousands in a sustainable way. In reality they're impossible to maintain and life there would be hellish a bit like living in the remote stations on The Expanse
Hey, it worked for Le Corbusier.

His big estates are ugly af as I see it. But they were self-sustaining. He had a modernist attitude, or maybe he was the modernist attitude, so the utopian genre is alien to that aesthetics
It was more the point that his idealism wasn't remotely practical.

Sant'Elia is another example, though I'll let him off as he was shot in the head before his fantastical designs were found out.

It's like something from that film, The Tower. These kind of things used to appear in Popular Mechanics magazine. There's more chance of the Moller Skycar being mass produced.

47921560.JPG

47921563.JPG

giphy.gif

As thick as pigshit as he is, he could well be right on this one occasion. Seems players just don’t want to go there.

They're going to have to break the bank on overage donkies first. With each iteration of doping clubs, it becomes progressively more expensive/difficult. Good players can get paid stupid wages by City, PSG, etc. They're going to have to prove they're committed to spending stupid sums.

47921560.JPG

47921563.JPG

Broadwater Farm.

They're going to have to break the bank on overage donkies first. With each iteration of doping clubs, it becomes progressively more expensive/difficult. Good players can get paid stupid wages by City, PSG, etc. They're going to have to prove they're committed to spending stupid sums.

At the moment it doesn’t look like they fancy doing that. I wonder if that approach will change towards the end of the window. For example, if they don’t get another striker in I can’t see them finishing top half. Chris wood is a donkey and Wilson can’t stay fit. They need another striker from somewhere.

At the moment it doesn’t look like they fancy doing that. I wonder if that approach will change towards the end of the window. For example, if they don’t get another striker in I can’t see them finishing top half. Chris wood is a donkey and Wilson can’t stay fit. They need another striker from somewhere.
Think part of it is that we don't want to set precedent for paying over the odds frivolously. We've got to appear to be tough negotiators and willing to walk away from deals.

Still confident we'll get another 2 players in before the window closes and that at least one of them will be for a decent sized fee.

I don't want to start the season with just Wilson and Wood up front.

Back
Top Bottom