Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those of you on Twitter put into search #nufctakover!! It is filled with hundreds of Saudi bots!! The propaganda they are ramping is eye-opening. (Wonder how many of the City bots are countering them, the bot armies, queue "When two tribes go to war" song and a montage of club footage).

For those of you on Twitter put into search #nufctakover!! It is filled with hundreds of Saudi bots!! The propaganda they are ramping is eye-opening. (Wonder how many of the City bots are countering them, the bot armies, queue "When two tribes go to war" song and a montage of club footage).
It's mental, accounts only opened a few months ago and their timeline is purely NUFC and Saudi. One calling themselves @katestewart22 is relentless, and you've got thirsty dangers trying to flirt with a propaganda bot.

It's never straightforward with Newcastle is it? Ashley to the Saudis. Couldn't have just been some American Tech billionaire, could it? Nooo had to be the investment arm of an oppressive regime. ffs.:avbcringe:

It's mental, accounts only opened a few months ago and their timeline is purely NUFC and Saudi. One calling themselves @katestewart22 is relentless, and you've got thirsty dangers trying to flirt with a propaganda bot.

It's never straightforward with Newcastle is it? Ashley to the Saudis. Couldn't have just been some American Tech billionaire, could it? Nooo had to be the investment arm of an oppressive regime. ffs.:avbcringe:
The one person that is getting it in the neck more than anyone is Miguel Delaney, all because he has written a piece(s) on how much he is against the regime. The whatabout lads all duly pile in whilst biging up the Saudi's at the same time, just what they want.

I haven't paid any attention to Marseille this season but by all accounts, they are very good to watch!

I had plenty of time for AVB. He had to fight Sherwood behind the scenes and Ashton in press conferences. Two nasty individuals. He didn’t have much chance. Even less if you chuck in the professionalism of some of the playing squad. Saying that, the football wasn’t the best, but neither was it under Poch for the first 9 months.

I had plenty of time for AVB. He had to fight Sherwood behind the scenes and Ashton in press conferences. Two nasty individuals. He didn’t have much chance. Even less if you chuck in the professionalism of some of the playing squad. Saying that, the football wasn’t the best, but neither was it under Poch for the first 9 months.
Very encouraged by his first season. First time as a Spurs fan since the 80's I would feel safe that we would get a win (usually 2-1), there was none of this beating team 'x' 4-0 one week then the following week getting beat at home to a shit Sunderland or whoever.

I think he's a good manager, by that I mean he gets his idea's over to the team how he wants them to play, there's no winging with bluster and passhun, he drills the team well and they respond by executing that plan in games.

That said that 2nd season of his was one of the most bored I've ever been watching football, straight out of the Jose book of tactics (also see his other proteges like Karanka, boring as fuck). I agree that he was treated like shit by the press, especially the crayon writer Ashton, who's a nasty piece of shit.

Overall I was glad he went. The stadium was quiet, just a gentle hum of people sat next to each other talking about the weather or what they had for dinner the night before.

Very encouraged by his first season. First time as a Spurs fan since the 80's I would feel safe that we would get a win (usually 2-1), there was none of this beating team 'x' 4-0 one week then the following week getting beat at home to a shit Sunderland or whoever.

I think he's a good manager, by that I mean he gets his idea's over to the team how he wants them to play, there's no winging with bluster and passhun, he drills the team well and they respond by executing that plan in games.

That said that 2nd season of his was one of the most bored I've ever been watching football, straight out of the Jose book of tactics (also see his other proteges like Karanka, boring as fuck). I agree that he was treated like shit by the press, especially the crayon writer Ashton, who's a nasty piece of shit.

Overall I was glad he went. The stadium was quiet, just a gentle hum of people sat next to each other talking about the weather or what they had for dinner the night before.

All the players said and have said since they he put on the best training sessions they’ve experienced. Always something new and challenging in different ways. So I think they liked him.

I remember a story where he was undermined by adebayor at training when he refused to take off his cap. They had a blazing row. AVB went to Levy to complain and wanting the player sold and the chairman backed the player over the manager That was the beginning of the end for him.

Fortunately for us and Poch when there was the mutiny under him levy had learnt his lesson and backed the manager. Who knows what might of happened had he done that under AVB and sherwood hadn’t been pushing for his job aided and abetted by his mates in the press (Ashton, Wallace etc).

All the players said and have said since they he put on the best training sessions they’ve experienced. Always something new and challenging in different ways. So I think they liked him.

I vaguely recall that we kept shipping late goals. So when the boys were walking off the training pitch to hit the showers he would have them do rapid fire exercises to keep them from switching off too soon.

Shame all we did was pass round the box during the game.

I remember a story where he was undermined by adebayor at training when he refused to take off his cap. They had a blazing row. AVB went to Levy to complain and wanting the player sold and the chairman backed the player over the manager That was the beginning of the end for him.

Fortunately for us and Poch when there was the mutiny under him levy had learnt his lesson and backed the manager. Who knows what might of happened had he done that under AVB and sherwood hadn’t been pushing for his job aided and abetted by his mates in the press (Ashton, Wallace etc).
He was right to get the sack IMO.

The football was some of the most boring I ever had to encounter but when rightly he was told to make it more exciting it was clear that he was instructed to do so because he changed our formation and sat us deeper by 20yrs or so in an effort to create more space, we got spanked. He could only play one way, all of his excellent drills and tactics were based on 4-2-3-1, keeping possession of the ball, pushing high up the pitch (so too was Karanka's two pees from the same boring pod) but the flaw was it wasn't high risk, we rarely penetrated a parked bus, we suffered a semi-circle of doom where the ball went from one touchline to the other, quite slowly. We never overloaded the oppo say in the RB area, his modus operandi was to not lose the ball, don't commit, play it safe, keep the ball. When we did win it was rarely by more than 1 goal (think he only got us to score more the 3 goals 5 times in his whole time and all those came in his first season, his best win I think was against Utd away 2-3).

I'd say Levy 100% backed his manager with £100m spent on 7 new signings.

He was right to get the sack IMO.

The football was some of the most boring I ever had to encounter but when rightly he was told to make it more exciting it was clear that he was instructed to do so because he changed our formation and sat us deeper by 20yrs or so in an effort to create more space, we got spanked. He could only play one way, all of his excellent drills and tactics were based on 4-2-3-1, keeping possession of the ball, pushing high up the pitch (so too was Karanka's two pees from the same boring pod) but the flaw was it wasn't high risk, we rarely penetrated a parked bus, we suffered a semi-circle of doom where the ball went from one touchline to the other, quite slowly. We never overloaded the oppo say in the RB area, his modus operandi was to not lose the ball, don't commit, play it safe, keep the ball. When we did win it was rarely by more than 1 goal (think he only got us to score more the 3 goals 5 times in his whole time and all those came in his first season, his best win I think was against Utd away 2-3).

I'd say Levy 100% backed his manager with £100m spent on 7 new signings.

I agree on your view on the the tactics definitely.

AVB was a bit unrealistic with his purchases as I remember. He wanted Hulk but he was massively pricey. He wanted Moutinho, we did try but didn’t get it done. He wanted Oscar but Chelsea did us like they always do by offering more money. So yeah he backed his manager with those purchases but AVB wanted more. Managers always do.

I agree on your view on the the tactics definitely.

AVB was a bit unrealistic with his purchases as I remember. He wanted Hulk but he was massively pricey. He wanted Moutinho, we did try but didn’t get it done. He wanted Oscar but Chelsea did us like they always do by offering more money. So yeah he backed his manager with those purchases but AVB wanted more. Managers always do.
Basically Levy is a cunt each manager is fighting with one hand Tied behind their backs.

Back
Top Bottom