Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In a nutshell, you want 'Everton', not 'Burnley'... You've confirmed this over and over..... Yet there's nothing to envy in Everton apart from their ability to waste money; no vision, no style of football, no managerial stability.
This. And I am an Everton fan.

For the love of crap, no, you do not want to be like us, we're still trying to get rid of all our crap signings from the Koeman era and Ancelotti hasn't made much of a difference, unlike Arteta who came in at the same time and got the goonz into Europe AND winning a trophy.

Newcastle and their fans didn't deserve this. Disgraceful by the Premier League. 4 fucking months on hold doing nothing with owner that doesn't give a fuck. Must be the worst.
Alternatively, the prospective owners could have provided the requested information in terms of the planned structure and Governance of the club...

Oh...

After recent events leading to the unsuccessful takeover attempt of Newcastle United, this petition aims to engage the United Kingdom (UK) government in establishing an independent investigation into the English Premier League (EPL) takeover process and Richard Masters who was fundamental in orchestrating the deal.

Oh...

After recent events leading to the unsuccessful takeover attempt of Newcastle United, this petition aims to engage the United Kingdom (UK) government in establishing an independent investigation into the English Premier League (EPL) takeover process and Richard Masters who was fundamental in orchestrating the deal.

Newcastle-fan-belly.jpg

"We demand answers!!!!"

"Murderous, oppressive, homophobic state with strong links to piracy of the EPL product..... Yeh, but what else. " :pocheyes:

Last edited:
Oh...

Are they really that fucking stupid.

Do they not think the fact that the buyers being found guilty by the WTO of being linked to the theft of millions of pounds of intellectual property belonging to the PL and their customers might have something to do with it, and that the PL are faced with the conundrum of potentially having to litigate against an entity that has applied to purchase one of it's members?

Why the fuck would we spend tax payers money so stupid fucking Newcastle fans could get their head round this.

Oh...

These people are so thick. The people who will be most against this petition will be the Saudis.

Newcastle-fan-belly.jpg

"We demand answers!!!!"

"Murderous, oppressive, homophobic state with strong links to piracy of the EPL product..... Yeh, but what else. " :pocheyes:
Have I missed something? Has the PL announced that they rejected the bid? As far as I can see the bid was pulled by the Saudis. Maybe they should explain why they pulled out. I suspect because it would have been hugely embarrassing for the PFI and MBS to fail a directors and owners test and would have jeopardised their sportwashing aims.

I'm aware that lots of investment went into an area around the ground, by far the biggest beneficiaries have been the football club with it's training complex. But I believe there was also some shite house that got demolished and new flats and houses(?) put up too. I don't know enough about the types of homes that were built and what percentage of them were "affordable" or indeed what happened to the occupants living in the original homes that were pulled down. Being a cynic on these matters it wouldn't surprise me one iota that the original occupants were shoved away from the area, whilst a new upwardly mobile bunch moved in.

Imagine having to be beholden to Hitler and feeling grateful for his investment that enabled you to live in a nice flat with a balcony???

I've been to the waterfront at Old Trafford which was uninhabited a decade ago is now home to the BBC and many other businesses and shiny new offices and flats and hotels.
You're not wrong that the apartments put up would likely have been out of the price range of the original residents and I don't know enough about what happened to them to say they're better off (I doubt it). But the area around the ground has had money pumped into it. As such it's created jobs that didn't exist there before. Not to mention the project and construction work undertaken. Then of course there's the intangible effect of businesses attracted to the area off the back of Man City's successes.

I know that the Reuben Brothers mentioned a plan to redevelop Newcastle, which could well be bluster, but that plan is on the back burner now because the takeover fell through.

I'd love to see my city rejuvenation funded by the government to the same degree as was rumoured to be planned by the Saudis and Reubens, I'd love my club to be owned by an altruistic Geordie whose wealth would make Mansa Musa blush, but it's not gonna happen.

They’re not a top club with any history of success, but they’re definitely big in terms of local popularity.

I agree with your point that they’re not or should not be considered a top club, but they are definitely well supported. I now live in Bristol and it’s clear that Bristol City have a huge following. Right now they would sell out a 40k stadium if they had one, so I think there are ‘big’ clubs under the radar that are more deserving of attention than others.

Newcastle will never struggle for support.
Agree 100% about Barcodes, they are a genuine sleeping giant, if they'd ever got their act together they'd have won loads of titles in the last 30-40 years. Imagine a team with Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne in it - and not having to spend a penny in transfer fees either!!!! Scandalous that their last proper cup was in the 1950's.

Bristol City though - really? My son was there for 3 years studying and never said anything about that level of support. Against that, it is the biggest English conurbation for miles around, and because it's a rugby mad part of the world there's no decent football team in their catchment area. I would struggle with 40,000 crowds, though, seems a bit of a stretch.

Premier League owners' test should be overhauled - Amnesty International

By Dan Roan
BBC sports editor
  • 6 minutes ago
The Premier League has been urged to "overhaul" its owners' and directors' test by Amnesty International.

Amnesty described current regulations as "hopelessly unsuited" to proper scrutiny of potential buyers of clubs.

This all makes me wonder - how did Man City’s owners get approved?

For starters, they hadn’t just been found by a WTO investigation to be actively and very visibly stealing the PL’s and one of their biggest client’s intellectual property. And not only stealing it, but taking the - beoutq - piss whilst doing it.

I’m guessing they also answered the questionnaire better about who the key personnel running the club would be?

They also hadn’t just very publicly carried out the state ordered murder and dismembering of a high profile journalist at one of their own embassy's.

Last edited:
Have I missed something? Has the PL announced that they rejected the bid? As far as I can see the bid was pulled by the Saudis. Maybe they should explain why they pulled out. I suspect because it would have been hugely embarrassing for the PFI and MBS to fail a directors and owners test and would have jeopardised their sportwashing aims.

The Saudis pulled out because buying a team to improve your PR and then not being able to show their matches in your country just doesn't make sense

The very reason they wanted to buy a PL club is the reason they can't/won't

Back
Top Bottom