Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane's got 3yrs, everything is on our side to keep him because of this. Even if he does a Bale and refuses to train and hands in a transfer request (I honestly don't see him doing this) he will only be sold for a huge fee, which only approx 3 clubs could possibly afford to pay with or without the COVID implications.

But if you were one of those Clubs with that amount of money you'd surely go with Haaland because he's so much younger. It goes without saying that only 1 of the 3 can land him, so forces the hand of the other two. Utd whilst being a huge Club is simply not the draw for Kane, not from a footballing sense, if Spurs had a Poch'esq manager at the helm we'd be above them again, I'm sure Kane will feel this too. The one thing they have going for them regarding Kane is his image, he's the England captain and that will be a hand-in-glove marketing/profile opportunity that will carry some gravitas for sure. I'm also certain he has his eye on the PL all-time goalscorers record, which would add weight back towards City, who let's face it are to dominate the game for easily the next decade.

With the right manager, Spurs will be there or thereabouts, certainly top 4, absolutely not getting anywhere near City, to be a bonafide top 4 team (consistently good performances, underpinned with a style of football that has the oppo looking at the next fixture for points rather than the current game) than he'll feel silverware is a genuine possibility.

I honestly don't see him leaving, his contract has handcuffed him to the club. Beyond that anyone guess.

If you don't get CL football and if Mourinho stays, Kane's decision will be easier. Like I said, I hope he stays, even if that does mean the top talent is spread over more teams meaning a tougher season for clubs like mine. Plus, with all due respect, he's more likely to break Big Al's record at Man city than he is at Spurs.

What about Alli and Son? I mean I say Alli, like he'd be a big miss, but it seems like his star has faded? I could see plenty of teams interested in Son, not least the Champions... existing and elect.

If you don't get CL football and if Mourinho stays, Kane's decision will be easier. Like I said, I hope he stays, even if that does mean the top talent is spread over more teams meaning a tougher season for clubs like mine. Plus, with all due respect, he's more likely to break Big Al's record at Man city than he is at Spurs.

What about Alli and Son? I mean I say Alli, like he'd be a big miss, but it seems like his star has faded? I could see plenty of teams interested in Son, not least the Champions... existing and elect.
If Jose remains they will all be pushing to leave.

Another massive issue though, as a direct result of Jose's shitness players valuations have absolutely nose-dived, this may well determine if we could/would be prepared to sell with a drop of 75% on their value.

It's another reason why he should be sacked now. Change the mood, play some younger kids (some of them are excellent), have these players feel loved again, get their confidence up. Fuck this season off, just play with freedom and fun. Think this will have a bigger impact on next season than sticking with the dinosaur.

If Jose remains they will all be pushing to leave.

Another massive issue though, as a direct result of Jose's shitness players valuations have absolutely nose-dived, this may well determine if we could/would be prepared to sell with a drop of 75% on their value.

It's another reason why he should be sacked now. Change the mood, play some younger kids (some of them are excellent), have these players feel loved again, get their confidence up. Fuck this season off, just play with freedom and fun. Think this will have a bigger impact on next season than sticking with the dinosaur.
this is where I think the German teams have the right idea by having the fans have a stake in the club. If you have a stake, you have a voice. I can't think of many Spurs fans who would have wanted Pochettino replaced by Mourinho. Their voice in the discussion may not have pointed to the perfect man, but they could have at least steered your club away from employing a man who's best days are long, long behind him.

Same's true at our club, at Palace and so on. We, the match-going fans can see more about what's best for the club than a lot of the pencil pushers who's focus is the bottom line.

this is where I think the German teams have the right idea by having the fans have a stake in the club. If you have a stake, you have a voice. I can't think of many Spurs fans who would have wanted Pochettino replaced by Mourinho. Their voice in the discussion may not have pointed to the perfect man, but they could have at least steered your club away from employing a man who's best days are long, long behind him.

Same's true at our club, at Palace and so on. We, the match-going fans can see more about what's best for the club than a lot of the pencil pushers who's focus is the bottom line.
Meh

I'd say the vast majority wanted Jose in because "he's a born winner!"!!!!! Same with Bale being back, they headed off to the Training Ground to greet him!!!!

There's a lot of revisionism going on, same people who wanted him in and posted about his greatness are now screaming at Levy for being a cunt for hiring him!!! I mean fucking hell!!!

Fans are fucking useless at understanding how the game is played or how/who can have them playing it. Timelines are completely ignored too, "we should have sold all of our players and replaced them, Levy and our recruitment dept no fuck all about football" but whilst all of our players were ripping up the league they were screaming at Levy every time Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Toby, Rose, Dier, whoever was linked with a rival club in the papers and apparently we were a selling club.

I'm not opposed to a change of structure (will never happen here) but fans are just as problematic as the manager at times. I stood outside Alan Sugar's house chucking eggs at his car during the courtroom battles with Venables, turns out the man I wanted in was nicking money out the backdoor of the club!

There really isn't an answer that works IMO. But we can as supporters stick to some basic principles:
1. Fit and proper owners (no murders, money launderers, and sports washers should down clubs).
2. No sale of Club assets like training grounds or grounds with fan approval - replacements approved
3. Open transparent comunication
4. Fair ticket pricing
5. More fan interaction and engagement that's not an advert for merch.

Meh

I'd say the vast majority wanted Jose in because "he's a born winner!"!!!!! Same with Bale being back, they headed off to the Training Ground to greet him!!!!

There's a lot of revisionism going on, same people who wanted him in and posted about his greatness are now screaming at Levy for being a cunt for hiring him!!! I mean fucking hell!!!

Fans are fucking useless at understanding how the game is played or how/who can have them playing it. Timelines are completely ignored too, "we should have sold all of our players and replaced them, Levy and our recruitment dept no fuck all about football" but whilst all of our players were ripping up the league they were screaming at Levy every time Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Toby, Rose, Dier, whoever was linked with a rival club in the papers and apparently we were a selling club.

I'm not opposed to a change of structure (will never happen here) but fans are just as problematic as the manager at times. I stood outside Alan Sugar's house chucking eggs at his car during the courtroom battles with Venables, turns out the man I wanted in was nicking money out the backdoor of the club!

There really isn't an answer that works IMO. But we can as supporters stick to some basic principles:
1. Fit and proper owners (no murders, money launderers, and sports washers should down clubs).
2. No sale of Club assets like training grounds or grounds with fan approval - replacements approved
4. Fair ticket pricing
All sensible suggestions. Especially given gate receipts make up less and less of a club's income.

Meh

4. Fair ticket pricing

Excellent post. 👍

I am shocked that a billionaire is a Tory. Not like Wor Mike. Salt of the earth is he, man of the people, sings The Red Flag to himself as he gives alms to the poor.
Not sure your looking down the right end of the telescope here. Its not about his political leanings just the access he has been granted and influence exerted. It would stink just as bad if it were a Corbyn Labour government. And we have the cheeck to call Nigeria bent. They are totally armatures compared with the UK

This would be bad for us, the last thing we need is another oil-rich club spunking their money on players.
Its dead mate. I think it's no longer in their interests. It died when the perspective new chairman arranged a chainsaw and some body bags for a journalist. The blokes widow has publicly called on Newcastle fans to not allow it. Johnson up to the eyes in shit he can take any more either. We have other more pressing threats, Levy either finds investment from Lewis or an external backer or gets a naming deal or we are up shit creek.

Last edited:
Not sure your looking down the right end of the telescope here. Its not about his political leanings just the access he has been granted and influence exerted. It would stink just as bad if it were a Corbyn Labour government. And we have the cheeck to call Nigeria bent. They are totally armatures compared with the UK
I'm filing it under 'Nothing new here'.

Its dead mate. I think it's no longer in their interests. It died when the perspective new chairman arranged a chainsaw and some body bags for a journalist. The blokes widow has publicly called on Newcastle fans to not allow it. Johnson up to the eyes in shit he can take any more either. We have other more pressing threats, Levy either finds investment from Lewis or an external backer or gets a naming deal or we are up shit creek.
Nowt to do with murder, war crimes, human rights violations, or anything other than the state sanctioned piracy of the Premier League's product.

They're still sniffing around, but they'd basically need to be guaranteed it'd go through for them to publicly get involved again.

Back
Top Bottom