Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play... but it will be investigated, and no doubt punished, because money wins... and corrupt money wins even more!

lucky the fellas that made the banner don't live over there... or else it wouldn't just be a slapped wrist they receive.... it would be a *handless one!

*I know that's not strictly 100% accurate... but for the sake of a wrist reference.... go with it!

Fair play... but it will be investigated, and no doubt punished, because money wins... and corrupt money wins even more!

lucky the fellas that made the banner don't live over there... or else it wouldn't just be a slapped wrist they receive.... it would be a *handless one!

*I know that's not strictly 100% accurate... but for the sake of a wrist reference.... go with it!
Try, '...they'd soon be whipped into shape.'?

One off the wrist?

I think the investigation will be dropped as no crime has been committed. The worse thing the Saudis want is this going to court and being proved fair comment.

I think the investigation will be dropped as no crime has been committed. The worse thing the Saudis want is this going to court and being proved fair comment.

"Following an assessment, officers have concluded that no offences have been committed," said Croydon police. "No further action will be taken."

Quite right too.

"Following an assessment, officers have concluded that no offences have been committed," said Croydon police. "No further action will be taken."

Quite right too.
5 months to get a massive anti-Saudi tifo sorted for the South stand...where do we donate?

Q

Quite right too.
This now means the banner and others like it can be shared across the country and the opposite affect has been achieved. Another own goal from the geordies

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman is a “psychopath” who once plotted to kill the Gulf state’s King with a poisoned ring, a former top spy has claimed in an explosive TV interview.

Saad al-Jabri, who is currently living in exile in Canada, also said he fears for his own life as he believes that Mohammad bin Salman, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, wishes to assassinate him.

Speaking to CBS' 60 Minutes programme, Mr Jabri claimed that during a 2014 meeting with Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, another Saudi royal, the Crown Prince threatened to murder King Abdullah.

"He told him 'I want to assassinate King Abdullah. I get a poison ring from Russia. It's enough for me just to shake hand with him and he will be done," Mr Jabri claimed.

Before fleeing the country, Mr Jabri had served as an aide to Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, who was ousted as heir to the throne in 2017 by the Crown Prince.

Saudi Arabia has flatly denied the claims, which it dismissed as fabrications from a "discredited former government official" in a statement to 60 Minutes.

In the same interview, Mr Jabri issued an unprecedented public appeal to the Biden administration to help secure the release of his children, who have been jailed in Saudi Arabia.

"I have to speak out. I am appealing to the American people and to the American administration to help me to release those children and to restore their life," an emotional Mr Jabri said.

Mr Jabri said he had recorded a video revealing more information about the allegations and threatened to release it to the public.

He added that he expected "to be killed one day because this guy will not rest off until he sees me dead," referring to the Crown Prince.

In August 2019, Mr Jabri filed a 107-page lawsuit in the United States alleging that the Crown Prince "dispatched a "hit squad" to kill him in October 2018 and that Canadian authorities foiled the attempt. Saudi Arabia has also rejected those allegations.

Last year, a Saudi court jailed two of Mr Jabri's adult children for money laundering and conspiracy to escape the kingdom unlawfully, charges they deny.

In his first interview since leaving the kingdom, Mr Jabri also claimed the Crown Prince has "no empathy," and that the 36-year-old leader is a threat to the people of Saudi Arabia, Americans and the rest of the world.

Crown Prince Mohammed - who chairs the investment fund that controversially took a controlling stake in Newcastle United this month - is already mired in a scandal over the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist who was killed in Saudi Arabia's Istanbul consulate.

The CIA has publicly accused the Crown Prince of ordering the murder, though he vehemently denies this.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman is a “psychopath” who once plotted to kill the Gulf state’s King with a poisoned ring, a former top spy has claimed in an explosive TV interview.

Saad al-Jabri, who is currently living in exile in Canada, also said he fears for his own life as he believes that Mohammad bin Salman, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, wishes to assassinate him.

Speaking to CBS' 60 Minutes programme, Mr Jabri claimed that during a 2014 meeting with Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, another Saudi royal, the Crown Prince threatened to murder King Abdullah.

"He told him 'I want to assassinate King Abdullah. I get a poison ring from Russia. It's enough for me just to shake hand with him and he will be done," Mr Jabri claimed.

Before fleeing the country, Mr Jabri had served as an aide to Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, who was ousted as heir to the throne in 2017 by the Crown Prince.

Saudi Arabia has flatly denied the claims, which it dismissed as fabrications from a "discredited former government official" in a statement to 60 Minutes.

In the same interview, Mr Jabri issued an unprecedented public appeal to the Biden administration to help secure the release of his children, who have been jailed in Saudi Arabia.

"I have to speak out. I am appealing to the American people and to the American administration to help me to release those children and to restore their life," an emotional Mr Jabri said.

Mr Jabri said he had recorded a video revealing more information about the allegations and threatened to release it to the public.

He added that he expected "to be killed one day because this guy will not rest off until he sees me dead," referring to the Crown Prince.

In August 2019, Mr Jabri filed a 107-page lawsuit in the United States alleging that the Crown Prince "dispatched a "hit squad" to kill him in October 2018 and that Canadian authorities foiled the attempt. Saudi Arabia has also rejected those allegations.

Last year, a Saudi court jailed two of Mr Jabri's adult children for money laundering and conspiracy to escape the kingdom unlawfully, charges they deny.

In his first interview since leaving the kingdom, Mr Jabri also claimed the Crown Prince has "no empathy," and that the 36-year-old leader is a threat to the people of Saudi Arabia, Americans and the rest of the world.

Crown Prince Mohammed - who chairs the investment fund that controversially took a controlling stake in Newcastle United this month - is already mired in a scandal over the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist who was killed in Saudi Arabia's Istanbul consulate.

The CIA has publicly accused the Crown Prince of ordering the murder, though he vehemently denies this.
Watched that interview last night. Just insane that the EPL has zero qualms with this guy taking over a club and pumping it full of cash so it becomes one of the "brands" of the league.

But he's got a nice white female stooge partner.

The commission of Culture and Sports of the European Parliament have proposed hat no foreign investor can buy more than 49% of European clubs shares.

The commission of Culture and Sports of the European Parliament have proposed hat no foreign investor can buy more than 49% of European clubs shares.

5e37e3ee6fa88_eczd17makjd41__700.jpg

Good to see some progressive organisations not letting this go, calling out PL /Newcastle hypocrisy, the ridiculous argument of GB influencing SA for the good, plus Kick It Out declining to comment. The latter seem all over the place with this. Also, that geordie pointing at seagulls has been nicked.

Perhaps you are right. But actions / words are certainly inconsistent. An example could be Mr Liberal poster boy Blair. He’s kept taking money from the Saudi’s despite Khashoggi. I am certain his arguments are the same as some I have heard, because only a few weeks ago he was digging the same rulers out for 9/11.

If I recall correctly Corbyn banned the Saudi’s from attending the Labour party conference a few years ago, prompting a petulant backlash. That was at least a stand against them.

Well, it's not really a "stand" compared to the other company he keeps himself, is it

...so the 'foreign investor' sets up an eligible company, with eligible directors, ploughs money into it and buys the club that way?

Back
Top Bottom