Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate the cunt, but Shearer was a great striker. His record speaks for itself & the magnificent Harry Kane still has a long way to go to beat his goal scoring record. I’m pretty sure Harry will do it if he stays in the PL (with us) but when you look at Shearer’s record, it’s a mighty achievement to have posted that number in the top league.

Good sign for our first game! The Toon are in the shit.

Rafael Benitez: Everything is going wrong

Rafael Benitez has warned Newcastle fans to prepare for the worst after seeing his side thrashed 4-0 by Braga.
A second-half four-goal blitz condemned the Magpies to a heavy defeat that their manager said should serve as a wake up call.

“We did not do things the way we have to. Ten days before the start of the season now and this is wake up call,” the former Real Madrid boss said.

“We have to realise we can’t make these mistakes. Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch.”

When asked to clarify his comments – and specify whether it related to recruitment – the 58-year old said simply:

" Everything."
Newcastle finished an impressive 10th on their return to the Premier League last season despite what Benitez saw as a lack of investment in the playing staff.

The Magpies have spent just over £13 million on transfers during the close season, with Mikel Merino, Martin Dubravka, Fabian Schär and Sung-yong Ki joining on a permanent basis.

Benitez is said to be pushing for further investment and made his unhappiness clear post-match.

" I said two months ago what we needed, and 10 days before the start of season we still are where we are. There’s 4/5 players we thought we could bring but we haven’t."
“Am I optimistic, thinking that in ten days, we can do what we didn’t do in two months? I don’t think so. But, still, I think it’s obvious we need people, we need bodies.

“We have been talking for a while about players. I think it’s the time to act, more than talk.

“As I say things aren’t going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection. We were poor and we made too many mistakes.

“We have to wake up - that’s it.”

Newcastle begin their Premier League campaign August 11 with a home fixture against Tottenham.

They also tried to get rid of Rafa just before the World Cup when Spain sacked their manager

Apparently Ashley wrote to the Spanish FA offering them his services!

If that’s true his position is untenable

They also tried to get rid of Rafa just before the World Cup when Spain sacked their manager

Apparently Ashley wrote to the Spanish FA offering them his services!

If that’s true his position is untenable
You would think Ashley would waken up thanking his lucky stars he’s got the fat waiter!

You would think Ashley would waken up thanking his lucky stars he’s got the fat waiter!

You would but maybe Ashley is playing the long game
Slowly stripping assets before selling
As long as they don’t go down but remain mid table he’s happy
Rafa could take them to the next level but he wants cash to do so and Ashley reluctant to spend

Got to be one of the least popular owners out there

Still never mind eh

Good sign for our first game! The Toon are in the shit.

Rafael Benitez has warned Newcastle fans to prepare for the worst after seeing his side thrashed 4-0 by Braga.
A second-half four-goal blitz condemned the Magpies to a heavy defeat that their manager said should serve as a wake up call.

“We did not do things the way we have to. Ten days before the start of the season now and this is wake up call,” the former Real Madrid boss said.

“We have to realise we can’t make these mistakes. Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch.”

When asked to clarify his comments – and specify whether it related to recruitment – the 58-year old said simply:

" Everything."
Newcastle finished an impressive 10th on their return to the Premier League last season despite what Benitez saw as a lack of investment in the playing staff.

The Magpies have spent just over £13 million on transfers during the close season, with Mikel Merino, Martin Dubravka, Fabian Schär and Sung-yong Ki joining on a permanent basis.

Benitez is said to be pushing for further investment and made his unhappiness clear post-match.

" I said two months ago what we needed, and 10 days before the start of season we still are where we are. There’s 4/5 players we thought we could bring but we haven’t."
“Am I optimistic, thinking that in ten days, we can do what we didn’t do in two months? I don’t think so. But, still, I think it’s obvious we need people, we need bodies.

“We have been talking for a while about players. I think it’s the time to act, more than talk.

“As I say things aren’t going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection. We were poor and we made too many mistakes.

“We have to wake up - that’s it.”

Newcastle begin their Premier League campaign August 11 with a home fixture against Tottenham.
Thing is he always moaning same at Liverpool. Once the season starts and he's concentrating on the squad he has instead of the one he wanted he ends up doing a good job. He talks himself out of jobs.

Why “hate” ? no I don’t support Tottenham or I’ve no interest in Tottenham would have sufficed.Dont get the media agenda of celebrities,high profile business types having to state that they “love” something or “hate” something it makes no difference to the majority what they like or don’t.
I imagine it's to placate the elements of the Newcastle fanbase that are convinced their club is being run and held back by the Cockney Mafia.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mike Ashley is an absolute bell, but distancing himself from other Premier League clubs is a good idea for him.

Back
Top Bottom