Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everything said, football is about results and today we got a result. Losing was never on the agenda. Yes , a win for us was expected, someone should have told the Newport players. Well done Newport for giving us a game. Hopefully it will make us stronger becauce of the near shock reality of getting beat. 8 minutes away from humiliation , maybe our names on the thing?

Everything said, football is about results and today we got a result. Losing was never on the agenda. Yes , a win for us was expected, someone should have told the Newport players. Well done Newport for giving us a game. Hopefully it will make us stronger becauce of the near shock reality of getting beat. 8 minutes away from humiliation , maybe our names on the thing?
Woah, Woah, slow down there soldier. I seem to remember thinking/saying a similar thing back in '95 when we were 'banned' from the cup only to get spanked by Everton in the semis. Let's see what Monday's draw holds first...

Now that we’ve all calmed down and drank copious amounts of booze.

Fuck that pitch. Even the 1980s thinks that pitch was shit.

We’re going to roll them on that Wembley carpet.

The pitch sucked ill give you that, but we still shouldn't have struggled so much. I get that it makes it difficult to play quicker, but we slow everything down so much when we play on a heavy pitch that it makes it easy for our opponents to play comfortable.

Lets hope they come out with a little fire in their bellies at Wembley.

At least we are not Liverpool

Dantanwanken..

images

A sheep rallying his sheep

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Fuck off Mick you old senile cunt.
I hope your next parachute fails and you slam face first into the tarmac at Bermuda International Airport.

Your headstone can be a stone laptop....
Here Lies Mick.Still A Cunt
Interesting, seeing as I live in England it would have to be an impressive skydive.
Wow, you managed to plumb a few depths on that post but sinking to wishing someone's death on them is a new low.
You seem obsessed with sheep today, but now people who actually support Spurs fall into that category as well. You're on the wrong site chum.
Just go Sammy, before your anger and bile overcome you and cause some sort of medical breakdown.
In your own special way you're as daft as Gibbs.
And you question my mental faculties, you charmless ignoramus?

Listen, I don't know what your problem is buddy, a lot of people missed the Lamela injury news, me included, and were confused by people saying he had "sore arse" which I asked for a link to and was kindly given. You deserve a card for that because it's not appropriate and civilised behaviour on a forum to just randomly call someone a twat and I'm not gonna rise to the bait as I don't do petty arguments with petty people - I just disconnect with them in life and on the internet. I've given you, mindblown, Airfix and a couple of others another when chance when you've previously been unpleasant and taken you off ignore before but not anymore. So adiós.

Main positive for me was Juan Foyth. Dele and Son looked very sharp when they came on as well.

But Foyth played his usual game, didn’t panic, wasn’t phased by the occasion, grew into the game and will have learnt from the experience.

Highlighted Wanyama and Dembele being well off the pace. Wanyama just needs game time, think Dembele is now at the age where all the injuries catch up with him. He would have bossed that game a couple of years ago, instead got caught out a few times by journeymen midfielders.

Can’t see him playing Wednesday after last night, Sanchez back in and Dier in DM maybe?

First half I think we outplayed you and deservedly went in winning at the break, second half it was all Spurs.

Who said the FA Cup was dead? Beaming with pride tonight, see you at Wembley.

Yeah well done, I play football with a guy who played in the Stevenage - Newcastle game that had a similar result.
I was saying this game had a similar potential.

This is what the FA cup is all about.

It’s not over yet. Complacency our biggest danger now. It’s still 11v11 in the replay. 11 players not wanting it enough was our problem in the Carabao cup this year.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we've won at Wembley before, so please, write us off at your peril.

You're very lucky to be in the hat, just think, Newport fared better than the Dortmund's and Madrid's of this world. and rightly so, beaming with pride here.
Since I have no idea and can't be arsed to research, how many of your current side 'won' at our place?

Sorry to burst your bubble but we've won at Wembley before, so please, write us off at your peril.

You're very lucky to be in the hat, just think, Newport fared better than the Dortmund's and Madrid's of this world. and rightly so, beaming with pride here.

You deserved the draw no arguments. Pleased for you. You a rightly proud of your team.

Like others, I think we will hammer you at 'home'.

David Pipe for starters mate, you know, the league 2 player who bullied your millionaires.

By the way, how many of the current Tottenham team were playing the last time you won a trophy?

Funny isn't it. This ALWAYS follows the same pattern. Away fan comes on here, posts sensibly and is treated with respect. Then post match they come back and get all fucking lairy and act the cunt.

You had your moment. Well done. Now fuck off.

You could see Tottenham took control in the 2nd half when they woke up & adjusted to the conditions. I think Newport deserved the draw but will be exposed at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom