Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

David Pipe for starters mate, you know, the league 2 player who bullied your millionaires.

By the way, how many of the current Tottenham team were playing the last time you won a trophy?
Do you consider playing us the equivalent to a cup final? Suppose it is. Just a reminder you didn’t win mate.
You were at home on your familiar mud patch
You should have had a player sent off
This was easily our worst performance for at least 3 years
And as you noted we weren’t arsed.
All this and you still couldn’t win and was hanging on in the end. How much more do you need to go in your favour before your trousers match your mouth. Follow the advice and fuck off

Just to put into perspective how sour grapes you sound, please go and add up the value of all the players who played for you tonight and then compare it to Newport.

Then read back your list of excuses and realise how absolutely pathetic you sound.

The oldskool Spurs on here know deep down you got out of jail tonight and were shown up because Newport wanted it more than you, take it on the chin for what it is and show some respect.
Sour grapes? Do you want attention, if you can contest what I stated do it. I am oldskool Spurs you twat.
We took an under strength side to your mud heap and came out with a draw. Had we ‘got out of jail’ there’d be some relief here, the only pleasure is that’s the last we visit your rugby field this season.
Enjoy your draw you don’t have to come over as a jumped up arsehole, lacks class and underlines how small time you are.
Lastly you ain’t even original every season there’s one or two like you over the moon at the thought of playing us, start some decent banter then quickly turns into a cunt and as quickly disappears never to be heard from again after their side gets an ass spanking. Just fuck off

Just to put into perspective how sour grapes you sound, please go and add up the value of all the players who played for you tonight and then compare it to Newport.

Then read back your list of excuses and realise how absolutely pathetic you sound.

The oldskool Spurs on here know deep down you got out of jail tonight and were shown up because Newport wanted it more than you, take it on the chin for what it is and show some respect.
You were excellent and we were dog shit . You could have easily won and were unlucky not to.
Poch played a midfield bleed dry of creativity . Usually this doesn't work and plays into the opposition but as he may regarded you as a "pub team " he thought you would just roll over . A big mistake as a few changes can really devalue the quality of the first 11. Only when some creative quality came on did we outplay you.
You should be very proud but Wembley will be another level . Not saying you don't have a very small chance but l think your best chance has gone .
I hope you do very well , you have a good manager , well supported and have come through a lot with your chin held up.
The glory was yours but not the victory

But the point is that the match ended in a draw, you could not beat us on your football/rugby ground so now you have to come and play the replay on our turf. So when your team arrives it is guaranteed that the showers will be hot and you will be respected, done and dusted.

I'd never thought I'd say I'd be gutted coming away from that game having drawn, but there you go.

I was going to ask about that. At 1-1 there was that weird situation where if you scored it would be historical glory, but would also deny you a huge windfall from the Wembley game.

Long-term, wasn’t a draw the best result for the club?

I'm under no illusions, please don't get me wrong.

It would be THE biggest FA Cup upset if we beat you at Wembley and some will probably say it's an impossible feat, but then that's the FA Cup isn't it?

Someone said we'll get smashed on a 'proper' pitch, but let's get it into perspective, if you're on hundreds of thousands a week, you should be able to play on any surface.

Fact is we wanted it more than you tonight and it showed, it was oldskool football against modern football and for large periods Spurs couldn't hack it.

I'd never thought I'd say I'd be gutted coming away from that game having drawn, but there you go.

Fuck sake, I can't even fucking argue with this! :dembelefingers::dierpochhug:
I know the pitch was shite, but we shouldn't be using that as a excuse, no offence to the oppo but any team we put out today should have done the job, but they wanted it more, and they deserve there away day at Wembley!
I think Poch knew it was going to be a tough game of old Sokol football so tried to play a team of beats in midfield to match them, but we lacked the creative spark, any way enjoy your day out at Wembley, glad your clubs gets another pay day, as you guys deserve it after last night.

I've actually enjoyed posting on here as it goes and I don't think there's anything classless in what I've posted at all.

I've said it as I see it,

Mariner, take note.
I never regarded your lot as a pub team nor for one minute did I believe you’d rollover or we just had to turn up. So because one posters view chimes with your own, you’re of the opinion we must all sing from the same hymn sheet.
To be honest I was disappointed by the lack of quality in your ranks bearing in mind this was our worst display for as long as I can remember, in part to your team’s performance but despite all you were hanging on in the end praying for the whistle. The ‘who are you’ at the start was mildly amusing but the ‘we hate Tottenham’ was just downright small time we have no rivalry whatsoever with you guys. If you enjoy being welcomed here acknowledge you’re a visitor. Remember with so much going you didn’t win. Again enjoy your draw, savour your cup day but don’t come on being a twat. Your club will be a little better off financially thanks to us. Hope you’re a big enough boy to show your face after the replay. This is boring now

Was any spurs fan actually at all surprised we struggled yesterday??

I always knew it would be tough, the whole reason they still play these cup games is that 'upsets' occur pretty frequently.

Added to that the players we had available were generally the ones who fuck about and play with complacency against weaker opposition.

And yet we've got some twat on here acting like Newport are the first team to discover that a motivated team vs a complacent team in shit conditions has a chance.....

Blaming the pitch shouldn’t really be a reason, but you could see some of the bumps and changes of direction the ball took due to the surface was a factor. We still should be beating teams like Newport, with all due respect.

At Wembley I think we’ll stick a few past them. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Poch go full strength for the first half. Maybe even Moura starts if he’s signed.

Jesus, arguing with a Newport fan. Is this what it's come to? ;-)

They deserved a draw at least, we were very poor but both teams are in the hat and we'll meet again at Wembley. That's it.

Oh Sammy, a red card. It was on the cards mate. MindBlown next, please! :)

crayonscribble.gif

Well done
Now which one is Sissoko?

Baz I know you’re a staunch defender of him, but just look at his overall play.
His control is non existent for a supposed top tier professional & he passes like he has a club foot.
And let’s not even talk about his shooting.

Boltonspur you could be describing several of our players in yesterday’s performance

We’re very lucky to be getting a second chance!

Back
Top Bottom