Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Llorente is also shit. But that doesn’t make sissoko less shit. One is a shit snail the other is a shit cheetah. But they are both not good enough. And “but sissoko runs a lot and never quits” he doesn’t do more than he obvious should do for like 80k a week.

If he’s still on the squad July next season levy and poch are mad. He’s a Watford player at best.

This place is like the Twighlight Zone where crap like Llorente and Sissoko are talked of as useful players by some.

I do get the RTG attitude, but it's a blind belief, don't try to enter it as a sensible debate option.:pritchardeyes:

Is this a place of worship or somewhere to actually discuss things, a huge difference IMO.

The Leeds RTG's would be so happy with their new badge for example,:adesalute: cos nothing the club does is ever wrong hey ?

Not sure I get the extreme negative reaction from so many internet plastics on here.

I actually think our side showed quite a bit of steel tonight. This was pretty much a no win situation, but the team did well to stay in it against an on form side playing the match oh their lives in difficult surroundings on an ugly pitch. It was far from a Spursy meltdown, apart from internet plastics again.

This was a proper FA Cup tie and any team would have found it challenging tonight. The replay will enable us to keep the full squad match fit at a time when several of our First Team could do with the game time.

I’m quite pleased for Newport but they won’t get as much money as they probably think they will. Attendance will be about 20k at £10 per head max. Won’t be many families due to timing. Still, their training ground will still be better than Wet Spam’s overgrown car park.
I could stomach it more if we weren't so shit in the first half. There are always games when things don't click, be that enforced by the oppo or self inflicted (tactics, formation, key players off form) but always want to see us competing for 1st and 2nd ball. But the 2nd half we rallied and played with intent, there was redemption, almost but that first half was woeful.

The one blindingly obvious point from tonights game was that without Eriksen we lack that one person in the middle of the park than can unlock the door. We need another creative playmaker as backup IMO
We started to get dangerous when Dele came on. Up until then we only played through the flanks and we had very little to offer there. You can’t play pace, trickery, and possession game on a god damn trench pitch from WWI Christmas truce

I could stomach it more if we weren't so shit in the first half. There are always games when things don't click, be that enforced by the oppo or self inflicted (tactics, formation, key players off form) but always want to see us competing for 1st and 2nd ball. But the 2nd half we rallied and played with intent, there was redemption, almost but that first half was woeful.
Yeah, I get that. Poch is saying he was clearly unhappy with how we played in the first half. I’m glad he’s annoyed: it shows he cares about this tournament. Maybe Ossie and Ricky have finally got through to him!

:ossie:

Honestly I saw the lineup and knew it was going to be one of those days. Having lots of axes and no spark in midfield does not work for us. It was clear before today and it was only highlighted by today. If we don’t have enough attacking options there then get someone in. We’re an Eriksen injury away from calamity, it’s not healthy.

Today's performance disgusted me. The attitude, application and a formation was a joke.

Those that went deserve their money back.
Weird that you want us to spend gazillions on players but today satisfied you

Just a quick note. If everyone hits the FOUL word at the bottom of his posts then eventually we won't have to put up with this shit any more.
Sorry but this constant negativity and gloom doom and despondency is as brain corroding as Gibbs mental ravings.
Fuck him off guys, this site is for people who actually support the club.

Pheeew! Thank fuck for that. Truly woeful first-half performance which almost caused the mother of all embarrassments. Just relieved we're in the draw unlike the scousers(!) and this result can soon be forgotten.

Credit to Poch for FINALLY making a sub at half-time, but not too much credit. And as much as I dislike Sissoko I'm not gonna knock him today - was one of the better performers out there tonight.

However, thought Dier was shocking and has been poor for a while now. And as for fucking Llorente - what a HUGE waste of space - so slow, lacklustre and inept.

Individually I hate watching Trippier, Sissoko and Llorente for us - multiple times today they were passing the ball between each other - collectively with them on the pitch we will never win a game.

The fact that Sissoko is a professional footballer, playing in the top tier and earning bloody good money,
is purely down to his physical attributes. If he didn't have that he would be a non league footballer at best.
He's not even that good to be fair. He is absolute garbage. Our scouts are garbage as well.
I can shoot better than Shitsoko, even at my age.

Just a quick note. If everyone hits the FOUL word at the bottom of his posts then eventually we won't have to put up with this shit any more.
Sorry but this constant negativity and gloom doom and despondency is as brain corroding as Gibbs mental ravings.
Fuck him off guys, this site is for people who actually support the club.

A sheep rallying his sheep

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Fuck off Mick you old senile cunt.
I hope your next parachute fails and you slam face first into the tarmac at Bermuda International Airport.

Your headstone can be a stone laptop....
Here Lies Mick.Still A Cunt

The manager has criticised his team for not wanting the cup enough! They were poor 1st half but deserved the draw. Ok fair enough we were poor and got out of jail but in previous cup games F.A and league,Europa and last seasons CL we fielded under strength teams which was the manager choice...Mm so surely the same can be said of the manager? If he doesn't pick his strongest possible team available then you could say he didn't want it enough either? As said many times we are not in a position to pick and choose which cups/competitions we'd like to do well in. Who would turn down the chance to be in this seasons Carabo cup final?
To be fair we shouldn’t have had to play our strongest possible side today. Even our second choice players, playing for a premier league team, should have enough quality to deal with a team like Newport. They were sloppy today.

Now that we’ve all calmed down and drank copious amounts of booze.

Fuck that pitch. Even the 1980s thinks that pitch was shit.

We’re going to roll them on that Wembley carpet.

Back
Top Bottom