Next 5 years

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The next 5 years should be our glory years as we have 7 excellent players that would start for any team and that includes the likes of Barcelona, Dortmund or Juventus. Namely:

Harry Kane
Dele Ali
Erik Lamela
Heung Min Son
Harry Winks
Eric Dier
Tom Caroll

If we somehow keep this lot, we will basically have a potent team that would have played together for the past 3~4 years by the time 2020 comes around , where I think we would not lose too many games given the chemistry and experience they will have had together as I do not see us not being in the top 4 until then and perhaps even winning a FA Cup or 2 along with making a long run in all competitions.

So often some clubs does not have the luxury of time but if we look at the past big winners, United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and other lesser league champions, the longevity of staying together and reaching their peak is overlooked.. Scary though is the oldest in 5 years (Son and Dier) will be only 29 in 5 years.

I think EVERYONE is forgetting Marcus Edwards!

He's no Tom Carroll

article-2408122-1B6A27B1000005DC-678_634x515.jpg

Carrol will surely be sold. I can't think of another reason to extend his contract earlier. Norwich, Brighton, he'd fit in some where like that and get game time. Very light weight for a pressing PL team like us. In the FA cup v Colchester, he didn't exactly shine.

For me, it's a strong spine that counts:

Lloris
Toby
Moose
Dele Alli
Kane

I still think Lloris might leave in the next couple of years, one of the big clubs on the continent. Great shot stopper, great pace for a sweeper-keeper, but his distribution is very poor. Maybe Vorm is hanging around for that. He's far too good a keeper to be on the bench. His performance v L'pool 1-1 was the best keeper display this season imo. His distribution is good too?

I'd be very pissed off to lose any of the others though.

Carrol will surely be sold. I can't think of another reason to extend his contract earlier. Norwich, Brighton, he'd fit in some where like that and get game time. Very light weight for a pressing PL team like us. In the FA cup v Colchester, he didn't exactly shine.

For me, it's a strong spine that counts:

Lloris
Toby
Moose
Dele Alli
Kane

I still think Lloris might leave in the next couple of years, one of the big clubs on the continent. Great shot stopper, great pace for a sweeper-keeper, but his distribution is very poor. Maybe Vorm is hanging around for that. He's far too good a keeper to be on the bench. His performance v L'pool 1-1 was the best keeper display this season imo. His distribution is good too?

I'd be very pissed off to lose any of the others though.
***Moose as in Dembele? Any worry that he's already 29 when looking into a 5 year plan?

Clearly, this thread is a joke, but he does pose an interesting topic. These next 5 years surely should be very interesting for us. We should win trophies and hopefully could win the league one of the next five years. Very curious to see how we prosper. Do we keep hold of Poch, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Walker, Rose, Kane, ect..? Does Levy sell the team? How is the transition into the new stadium? Do Edwards, Winks, CCV, Walker-Peters, Onomah, ect.. prosper and become vital to the team? Very interesting 5 year time phrame

Back
Top Bottom