Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I want Poch to go to chelsea. It will piss off chelsea fans and the weird section of our fanbase who treat him like their dad.

I think he'll do ok but nothing amazing, which is the best we can hope for.
i can’t lie, the meltdown from that bankruptspurs bloke on twitter and his poch cult would be hilarious

Don't mind us not going for Poch if it was to appoint Nagelsmann, De Zerbi or possibly Enrique. Will be pretty sour if he goes to Chelsea and we end up with Slot, Amorim or Glasner.
Or Rodgers Doc.

Don’t forget about Rodgers.

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

Chelsea have raw, young talent. Poch would do much better than what people are expecting him to do. The good thing is that it seems that Chelsea have fuck all money to spend, so he's got to work with whatever is there.
Which is why they are hiring him instead of Enrique and Nagelsmann.

I want Poch to go to chelsea. It will piss off chelsea fans and the weird section of our fanbase who treat him like their dad.

I think he'll do ok but nothing amazing, which is the best we can hope for.
Screw Poch if he goes to Blue Scum.

But if he wins trophies over there and we continue our current aimless downward trajectory under a new manager - I think a part of me will die.

Surprised that Levy is willing to risk the potential fallout/backlash/derision. Hope he and the Board know what they are doing this time and have a Brighton or Lego-boy/Edu/Red Scum style plan - and are willing to stick to it like the Kroenkies did. I doubt it but you never know.

But if he wins trophies over there and we continue our current aimless downward trajectory under a new manager - I think a part of me will die.

Surprised that Levy is willing to risk the potential fallout/backlash/derision. Hope he and the Board know what they are doing this time and have a Brighton or Lego-boy/Edu/Red Scum style plan - and are willing to stick to it like the Kroenkies did. I doubt it but you never know.
Narrator: They have no idea what they're doing.

Prepare yourself for disappointment.

I mean, I find it hard to sympathize with the "screw him" attitude if he does go to Chelsea.

We have an open position, he seems to be basically throwing himself at us, and by all accounts, we aren't interested.

Hard for me to feel animosity toward the guy in that case, he's out of work.

It's going to be so embarrassing when our fans are signing Pochettinos name when we play Chelsea next.

if Poch goes there, he will sever most ties and goodwill from our fans, by that i do not mean turning hate towards him (although im sure some fans will initially), but any last residual feelings , like a break up with an ex now going out with your foe, by him going there will sever those feelings finally and he and his image will be sullied in the minds of most of fans.

Personally id hate to see him go there, logically and pragmatically i understand of course, but i know it will make me feel sick, especially initially and even after be hard to look at him in the same way, but hey that life

Last edited:
if Poch goes there, he will sever most ties and goodwill from our fans, by that i do not mean turning hate towards (although im sure some fans will initially), but any last residual feelings , like a break up with an ex now going out with your foe, by him going there will sever those feelings finally and he and his image will be sullied in the minds of most of fans.

Personally id hate to see him go there, logically and pragmatically i understand of course, but i know it will make me feel sick, especially initially and even after be hard to look at him in the same way, but hey that life
Let's be honest. The moment whoever takes over for Conte does badly there will be people singing Pochettino's name. There are sections of the fanbase that view him as almost Godlike.

Like, not even gooner fans sing like that about Wenger or United fans about Fergie. And Fergie shows up for games all the time.

Back
Top Bottom