Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Levy has misread the situation again, thought he could get someone on the cheap.
Other clubs have, wised up to this nonsense now, and are not entertaining him.
We look like we are, in a right old pickle now, nobody is interested in "the project" where the manager's control is reduced to just a trainer.

I like Ange better than Slot. He’s a disciple of JDP and you can see well worked transitions and combinations when his teams attack. Very different to managers like Gerrard and Lennon who won the Scottish League before just by getting it into forwards who were so much better than 99% of their opponents in Scotland.

JDP?

Scott Parker?
bottom-holy.gif

I wanted a regime enthusiast to correct my embellishment.

It's important to get facts right.

I also love the fact that you highlighted Levy being the best paid chairman in the Premier League but added the caveat;

" these bonuses are not extraordinary for head executives".
LOL.
Totally justified then?

Logically, yes.

I would suggest that a chairperson giving themselves a £500K (15% raise) on the back of making top 4 (Champions League = £18 Million just for qualifying) and a £3 Million (100%) bonus for the completion of a +£1 Billion project is extremely modest comparable to other executives across all industries, and doesn't track with someone looking to line their own pockets at the expense of the club.

Can't be fucked anymore.

Even if Nagelsmann ends up on the scene again, will believe it when it happens.

Slot was interesting but sounds like they didn't follow through so still don't have a clue what they want or they do and nobody knows what that is.
Then don't be fucked anymore.

You're allowing your emotions to be manipulated by complete click-bait nonsense, because you give a shit about Spurs.

It's still May.

Then don't be fucked anymore.

You're allowing your emotions to be manipulated by complete click-bait nonsense, because you give a shit about Spurs.

It's still May.
My emotions were never involved, mate.

Interest was maybe manipulated. That's pretty much gone.

It's May but experience of this club tells you they will be dithering about and haggling over everything until pre-season at least.

Then will most likely come up with a half-baked plan that doesn't work.

Levy's best moment was Poch. Since then we've been the ENIC Hotspurs.

My emotions were never involved, mate.

Interest was maybe manipulated. That's pretty much gone.

It's May but experience of this club tells you they will be dithering about and haggling over everything until pre-season at least.

Then will most likely come up with a half-baked plan that doesn't work.

Levy's best moment was Poch. Since then we've been the ENIC Hotspurs.
Season's not even over yet.

Then, players will go on a little vacation/r&r.

It's gonna be a long summer, pretty much everywhere, it's gonna be hot. Better to pace oneself.

I was told yesterday she was 100% the reason we could not go back for Poch. Levy he can make peace with Cullen set Jose train in motion and the firing of Pochettino. She drank the Jose Kool Aid completely and was instrumental in pushing Levy to bin Poch...he had not forgotten.
I would be very surprised if Donna Cullen was making the DOF + manager hiring decisions.

She's in the room, and her opinion/input at a macro-level is obviously sought out, but she's a corporate + financial executive, specializing in public relations/public affairs and corporate/branding partnerships/synergy.

Evaluating manager or player performance is not her wheelhouse.

How is he outstanding? 2 points in 6 matches in the CL, finishing bottom of their group below Shaktar Donesk. Winning the scottish league with celtic is not a big deal if theyve been winning it almost every single year anyway.

Really really hope we dont get him. We are really shit right now, but that is just throwing in the towel, almost as bad as appointing Mason.

Tbh mate, your post reeks of arrogance and small mindedness..His team in this year's CL consisted of players who were playing their first euro campaigns and the performances were a lot better than the results showed..The Greatest English manager of the last 30years, Harry Redknapp says Ange is the man for the job..but I guess an internet pundit knows more than him....

Back
Top Bottom