Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Speaking on Sky Italia, Fiorentina boss Vincenzo Italiano has emerged as a new proposal for both Spurs and Napoli. Di Marzio noted (as relayed by Fiorentina.it): "It's inevitable that he will end up in the crosshairs of big clubs like Napoli. If De Laurentiis were to bet on Italiano, I would find it normal. I know he is also popular abroad. He is on Tottenham’s list. Many say that Italiano has a €10m clause, but there is no release clause to release him from Fiorentina."

Is Vincenzo Italiano a good manager?

With many fans having come to terms with the prospective appointment of Slot, even convincing themselves it was an ideal move, it understandably stings to see that option then fritter away. After all, his 2.15 points-per-game average is admirable, even if the Dutch league is considered the sixth-best in Europe based on UEFA's coefficient rankings - two behind Serie A.

They had finished 13th the year before his arrival, and his all-action 4-3-3 philosophy has helped to push the Viola back into European contention, where they have capitalised this season by reaching the Europa Conference League final, setting up a clash with West Ham United. They recently lost to Inter Milan in the Coppa Italia final too, with two such games in one season something Levy can only dream of.

Journalist Josh Bunting sought to praise such success, writing on Twitter: "Vincenzo Italiano has done an outstanding job there, a domestic cup final and a European semi-final. Plays a really nice brand of attractive football."

However, it was Salernitana's head coach Paulo Sousa who arguably reserved the greatest praise, breaking down the philosophy that has reignited a stagnant club. He said: "In my view, at the moment they are the fittest team in the league with top-level alternatives for every role.

"Their football expresses great aggression in the non-possession phase, with a wealth of variations in the ball possession phase that reminds me of the Dutch football of the past." This fine blend of attractive yet hard-working football is exactly what has been missing in recent years in north London.

A beautiful brand akin to the Dutch style should be enough to allow fans to forget their Slot disappointment if Italiano is the alternative. The Feyenoord coach also took his team to a European final, and his work in winning the Eredivisie this term does merit praise. However, it must conversely be noted that when he took over, the club sat only in third.

Therefore, in taking a club in disarray and making them punch above their weight in a far more challenging division, the Italian boss arguably is a better fit for what Levy wants in his new manager.

Tottenham are in talks with Luis Enrique about replacing Antonio Conte in north London.

That is according to The Mail’s Riath Al-Samarrai, who was speaking on Sky Sports’ Back Pages Podcast about Tottenham’s current predicament.
Now he will be a fucking car crash. I can not say this enough. Get a progressive D.O.F and get Gallardo. A bloke with the charisma brains and acumen to do the unthinkable a win us something. Even if he needs a translator it's worth the risk.

At this point nothing would surprise me. Nothing.

The club could announce LeParisien LeParisien as our new manager, with him waving around an underground ticket at the press conference saying it's the ticket to his dreams, and I would be like:

Seems about right

giphy.gif
young-french-artist-fist-sign-260nw-524020564.jpg

Why all the negativity surrounding Rodgers? An FA Cup and two fifth placed finishes with Leicester before it went to shit. Celtic were even more dominant than they usually are when he was there.

Yes it went to shit at Leicester but the same thing happens with every manager. Also Leicester bought him losers like Jannik Vestergaard and Ryan Bertrand and sold some of the best players (Fofana, Maguire) prior to this season.

They haven't exactly experienced a resurgence since they got rid of him either which indicates their troubles weren't all down to him.

Absolutely superb.....no thick journo knows what's happening, not just this one but all of them. They just make up nonsense tweets or articles for the clicks and fans lap it up. Sad really.
That´s brilliant actually, just sums up what i´ve been thinking for a while!

It´s actually hilarious to see how many people on social media believes every fucking cunt out there calling themselves a "journalist" or a "ITK" as long as it fits with the narrative!!

If it´s something i´ve learned as a non British it´s that the English sports media just lies through their teeth and make shit up, and that isn´t exactly "journalism" is it?

Your so-called journalists of course knows the history with ENIC and Levy, and nowadays just spits out myths every single day, it´s actually hilarious.

If all of us actually wants to avoid insanity(to late for me), i suggest we don`t listen to 95% of the shit the media is pumping out there, they have an agenda, don´t ever forget that!

Last edited:

Arne Slot has admitted that he has been speaking to clubs abroad over recent weeks but insisted that he had decided by Tuesday that he will remain at Feyenoord.

Until Thursday morning, it seemed like only a matter of time before Slot is announced as the next Tottenham head coach, with reports indicating until then that Feyenoord were resigned to losing their head coach to Spurs (Football Insider).

However, the Dutchman did a U-turn and announced yesterday that he will remain at De Kuip (Dan Kilpatrick), which came as a shock to Spurs fans.

Dutch journalist Marcel van der Kraan told talkSPORT yesterday that although Slot had his heart set on a move to North London, Feyenoord decided to dig their heels in to ensure he stays.
He suggested that the Eredivisie Champions were demanding £20m in compensation for the 44-year-old and his assistants, which Tottenham refused to pay.

Slot has now revealed that he did speak to an overseas club but insisted that the team in question never made a formal approach to Feyenoord.

When asked which club spoke to, he said in his press conference (via the Dutch club’s official YouTubechannel): “I won’t name them out of respect for them.

“Dennis te Kloese [Feyenoord director] deserves credit for everything he’s doing for the club, but the only person responsible for staying here is me. I never had an agreement with any club, no club officially reported their interest to Feyenoord.”
It was Leeds apparently!

Speaking on Sky Italia, Fiorentina boss Vincenzo Italiano has emerged as a new proposal for both Spurs and Napoli. Di Marzio noted (as relayed by Fiorentina.it): "It's inevitable that he will end up in the crosshairs of big clubs like Napoli. If De Laurentiis were to bet on Italiano, I would find it normal. I know he is also popular abroad. He is on Tottenham’s list. Many say that Italiano has a €10m clause, but there is no release clause to release him from Fiorentina."

Is Vincenzo Italiano a good manager?

With many fans having come to terms with the prospective appointment of Slot, even convincing themselves it was an ideal move, it understandably stings to see that option then fritter away. After all, his 2.15 points-per-game average is admirable, even if the Dutch league is considered the sixth-best in Europe based on UEFA's coefficient rankings - two behind Serie A.

They had finished 13th the year before his arrival, and his all-action 4-3-3 philosophy has helped to push the Viola back into European contention, where they have capitalised this season by reaching the Europa Conference League final, setting up a clash with West Ham United. They recently lost to Inter Milan in the Coppa Italia final too, with two such games in one season something Levy can only dream of.

Journalist Josh Bunting sought to praise such success, writing on Twitter: "Vincenzo Italiano has done an outstanding job there, a domestic cup final and a European semi-final. Plays a really nice brand of attractive football."

However, it was Salernitana's head coach Paulo Sousa who arguably reserved the greatest praise, breaking down the philosophy that has reignited a stagnant club. He said: "In my view, at the moment they are the fittest team in the league with top-level alternatives for every role.

"Their football expresses great aggression in the non-possession phase, with a wealth of variations in the ball possession phase that reminds me of the Dutch football of the past." This fine blend of attractive yet hard-working football is exactly what has been missing in recent years in north London.

A beautiful brand akin to the Dutch style should be enough to allow fans to forget their Slot disappointment if Italiano is the alternative. The Feyenoord coach also took his team to a European final, and his work in winning the Eredivisie this term does merit praise. However, it must conversely be noted that when he took over, the club sat only in third.

Therefore, in taking a club in disarray and making them punch above their weight in a far more challenging division, the Italian boss arguably is a better fit for what Levy wants in his new manager.
Yeah let´s keep on rolling with the Italians!!

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Back
Top Bottom