Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Continuity. Whenever Conte leaves, we need to appoint a manager that's experienced with his style and the next evolution of it. That way we don't have a squad full of square pegs for a board full of round holes. That's how you fall apart like United have, they're forever switching managers and systems and utterly wasting all their expensive signings. Continuity is why Ferguson and Wenger were so successful for so long. Just not having to reinvent the wheel every 3 years puts you a leg up on 3/4s of the league.
Not necessarily. I agree that you can't be changing systems every year. That messes things up a lot. But if you change every 3-4 years, that could work too. Say Conte leaves after 2 years. I would expect the players he brought in specifically for his system to have done well enough that we can sell them at a good fee and have the funds to get in new players that will fit the new manager's system. The important thing is to get the right players. You do that and the players will look good and be sellable allowing you to get the new profile of player you need for your new system. And of course about 60-70% will fit both systems, so it's never going to be wholesale turnover. Just a healthy 20-30%.

We need to stick with pattern type managers. Jose wasn’t a good one in hindsight bc he relies too much on the sheer will and quality of his players.

Brendan Rodgers is looking more and more likely in my opinion. Plays great football and trusts the youth.

Levy would've learned his lesson about going after old school big names after the Mourinho and Conte stints

I have no idea who are good candidates right now but its essential the club get informed about this soon. I do not trust Levy to be able to do this though. My fav was Potter but now he's sleeping with the enemy (puke). I really like what Napoli are doing so hope we can follow that template going forward.

we need a manager who can change the way he wants the team to play from game to game countering the opponents strengths, so some games play 3 at the back some play 4,
Potter used to do that at BHA, at Chelsea he has better players (& mentally stronger players) so maybbe does not need to play different styles

Brendan Rodgers is looking more and more likely in my opinion. Plays great football and trusts the youth.

Levy would've learned his lesson about going after old school big names after the Mourinho and Conte stints
IF Conte is broken by Spurs like Mourinho was, NO decent manager is going to want to come here.

So... I agree Rodgers is a cert!!

Levy will interview the best vandidate, then say they had a bad attitude, will say we've tried big name, big money managers, they didn't work,,, so let's prepare.....

Welcome Stevie G (as long as he's still unemployed)

I have no idea who are good candidates right now but its essential the club get informed about this soon. I do not trust Levy to be able to do this though. My fav was Potter but now he's sleeping with the enemy (puke). I really like what Napoli are doing so hope we can follow that template going forward.
sooo you want Ndombele back ?

Back
Top Bottom