NK Maribor vs. Spurs - 25/10/12 - Europa League.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was an away game in Europe. They played well and aren't a "Shitty pub team" Draw's not even that bad

2 home games next and if we don't win them, then you can start to complain

Say what you will, his corners were still excellent, and Siggy's were shit while he was in charge of corners. I'd like one of our small guys to take the crosses, but if Huddlestone can keep lofting those beautiful crosses dead onto the penalty spot, then I'm perfectly happy for him to do it.

im not moaning about the quality of his delivery, he's the most accurate passer at the club, but surely lennon can put a decent dead ball into a dangerous area ? toms size would be an asset in the box and his use of the ball from 30 yards out can be devastating. lennons a winger, crossing is his trade and we keep our shape naturally if he's taking the corners.

im not moaning about the quality of his delivery, he's the most accurate passer at the club, but surely lennon can put a decent dead ball into a dangerous area ? toms size would be an asset in the box and his use of the ball from 30 yards out can be devastating. lennons a winger, crossing is his trade and we keep our shape naturally if he's taking the corners.
Agreed, but at the moment our corners are miles better than they were under Siggy, that's all I'm saying.

Very nice game Falque! I happy for young Spain player. Naughton was nice also, Lennon, Vertonghen, Caulker. I think Sandro was best player. He same with wall! I saying other thread, I think he now favourite player. Very nice game for Sandro!

Sigurdsson, Townsend, not nice game. Townsend very try. Maybe trying more than wanted make bad game. He nice player also but, not nice in NK Maribor game.

Walker was better also, same with Huddlestone.

It's shame Spurs not win but difficult also.

Tottenham not losing with Europa League! COYS!

Top bloke this TokyoSpurs. COYS

Only managed to catch the highlights tonight. Sounds like it was as frustrating as Panathinaikos. However, if we can win our home games it is a good point.

Roll on November 8th!

Thought Walker was shit. He's just trying to do WAY too much to impress. He needs to step it back a bit for the next few games, playing simple, boring, unimpressive football. Take it back to basics.

Thought Tom looked great. Siggy looked better, but I think his first touch is shit.

Haters gonna hate

KFtGm.png

Thought Walker was shit. He's just trying to do WAY too much to impress. He needs to step it back a bit for the next few games, playing simple, boring, unimpressive football. Take it back to basics.

Don't know whether he's trying to do too much or lacking confidence - but he's certainly a shadow of the player he was last season & it's not like he's been given a hard time by AVB......

The performance seemed lethargic. The players don't seem quite as intent on winning this tournament as AVB does just yet but that isn't to say that will change, necessarily I would just prefer to see the same dedication in any game.

Please Siggy scored, sad that Dawson didn't play and glad we didn't lose, which is probably obvious but in terms of the league we are very much in control with two home games to come.

No need for any criticism so much....

Scrappy game against a spirited team with a good attitude.

For me I saw 4 things.

Lennon is no captain.
Huddlestone likes to play football without having to run. He is huge though.
Vertongungon is a sweet footballer
Defoe missed the 'how to pass' session the youth academy

We're still in it.

Get players back like Parker, BAE and Bale and we will rock

Back
Top Bottom