NK Maribor vs. Spurs - 25/10/12 - Europa League.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least anyone who thought Townsend should have started against Chelsea can forget that one, truly dreadful.

I can't understand some of the Spurs players out there. They want to play week in week out but when they get a chance, they play like this? Huddlestone has looked decent on the ball but he made absolutely no effort to tackle that bloke. We're getting big players like Sandro, Defoe, Lennon and Vertonghen to play 90mins and for what?

I have to say, I can understand why Harry played the teams we did last season in the competition if this is what we play like when we play a strong-ish team.

This team lost home and away to Birmingham last season. Fucking Birmingham :dempsey:

Siggy needs to find his form immediately or lose his spot to Livermore or Falque.

Hopefully he doesn't play the second half.

Dempsey in for Siggy. Falque for someone, anyone.

Is this where I come to say Huddlestone should get battered senseless for that attempted tackle? That was fuck useless.

To be fair, it was poor, but he's having a good game....everybody talks about how great it is to have a keeper who comes steaming off his line, well, that was the flip side. Plus the two on the line could have done better.

Poor goal to concede, just need to be clinical now.

townsend is looking perfect for southampton right now.
i hope to fuck we're not really taking this competition seriously and just using it to keep the players match fit by playing at training game pace. if avb moans about tired players at any stage this season, he'll look a bit of a cunt.
im finding this game very similar to the other 2 , boring as fuck.
i know the arguement that a cups a cup and all that, but i just cant get up for this, perhaps because the players obviously cant either.

You're watching a different game to me then. No incision, no real chances created, the keeper hasn't had to make a proper save.

Or maybe Im not judging the entire first half on the fact we are losing. We have been entirely dominant, and if you hadnt noticed, they have 8 players in their box at any one time.

Very hard to break down, but we've still created chances. Our touch and movement has been very good, but we need to turn it up. To say we've played bad it stupid.

We turned off for the goal, but other than that we've swallowed up everything they've thrown at us with ease, and pressed relentlessly.

It was good to see some sessions of prolonged possession and some good inter-passing in the final 3rd, unfortunately that's about as good as it got that half. Will we see the infamous 2nd half Spurs now?

Or maybe Im not judging the entire first half on the fact we are losing. We have been entirely dominant, and if you hadnt noticed, they have 8 players in their box at any one time.

Very hard to break down, but we've still created chances. Our touch and movement has been very good, but we need to turn it up. To say we've played bad it stupid.

We turned off for the goal, but other than that we've swallowed up everything they've thrown at us with ease, and pressed relentlessly.

Shooting from way outside the box isn't a chance though.

And it's not because we're losing, I'd have said exactly the same thing if we'd been losing.

There's also the fact that we've hardly ever looked good in any 1st half all season.

when its tough to play through a packed defence, sometimes you need a plan b big man, which we dont have.
could be a big half for tom, long shots needed.

Back
Top Bottom