NK Maribor vs. Spurs - 25/10/12 - Europa League.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walker not play it's make bad confident? Sigurdsson and Adebayor want practise together before make transfer Pjanić on January.

Lloris; Smith, Dawson (C), Caulker, Naughton; Carroll, Huddlestone; Falque, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Adebayor.

Cudacini, Vertonghen, Hall, Livermore, Dempsey, Lennon, Mason.

Young team but never better with not play.

I think we should show them a little more respect than that away from home, half of those players haven't started any games under AVB yet and I think 2-3 haven't played at all under him. If we beat them 3-0 with a strong team I'm all for playing that line up at the lane though.

An interesting fact. This is not the first time Tottenham will travel to Slovenia for a match in one of the UEFA competitions. In 1995 they traveled to Velenje and played against the home side Rudar. Tottenham won 2:1 in round two of the (now defunct) UEFA Intertoto cup group stage and this were the only points the Spurs have won in that group; Cologne (Ger) 8pts, Luzern (Swi) 8pts, Osters (Swe), Tottenham 3pts, Rudar 1pt.

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Caulker Livermore
Huddlestone Falque
Bale. Lennon
Adebayor Defoe

I want Falque to get a bloody game!!

I'd quite like to see Falque play too...dunno if it warrants putting Livermore at LB though?!
think that's more of a rest JV and still have some1 with a bit of experience (Smith doesn't, at all, and I would be worried to have him playing along side Daws/Gallas atm

I can appreciate wanting to rest JV but I'd rather have Smith at RB and Naughton at LB, than Livermore at LB.

Both would at least be more accomplished in their positions, Livermore would be a liability. Though with that said I don't think AVB will rest JV anyway.

I really don't get the falque love. Every time I've seen him play he's looked very average. Why have people seen that makes them want him in the first team?

He has so much potential! Him and Andros Townsend I want getting as much game time as possible! They are both great squad players to have.
Falque impressed me and Stevenage pre-season this year, he really seemed to want to grab goals and set up chances. I think we should use him more in the Europa/Cup.

Back
Top Bottom