NK Maribor vs. Spurs - 25/10/12 - Europa League.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't buy into the Tom Carroll hype last year. He really needs to add some muscle to his game. Derby won't overly impressed with him on his loan spell either.

"A move to Derby was a step too far for Carroll at this point in his career. If he was moving to the Championship, it should have been to one of the smaller clubs with lower crowds, where there is less pressure and expectation."

"In total, Carroll started eight games for Derby this season, scoring one goal. Our record in those games was W 1 D 2 L 5. However, it should be added that those five defeats included some of the toughest games of the season – Southampton away, Reading at home and Leicester at home – and from a Spurs perspective, the experience he’s gained from playing at a high level will be invaluable."

Which shows why I just don't think he's ready for top level football yet.

Looked tidy on the ball but reminded me too much of Sideways Samways in his lack of direct play and for all the flicks and touches he didn't really create anything.

And he could be muscled off the ball by a 12 year old. Hopefully he is in the gym and on the protein shakes while taking lessons how to glide past people from Dembele, tackle people from Sandro and put on some weight from the Hudd.

Exciting lineup ... really wanted to see Townsend given a run.... and hope F alque is also given a chance

Plus Azza ... Captain !!!!!! :lennon:

01MHJ.jpg

Every time Spurs play an away game vs a dinky Eastern Euopre team in the Europa League I awake with hope that I won't have to sit through a grueling 90 minute draw and every time I end up disappointed.

:avbshit:

I feel Tom has looked sharper for the first 25 today than he has in all his other appearances, good on him, we need him firing on all pistons!

Back
Top Bottom